5x10 Grow Tent Need Help

fallinupstair

Hi so my brains about to explode from all this math and decision making. Oh yah this is my first indoor grow

I have an 5x10 Secret Jardin Grow Tent I believe that the square footage is approx 37sq ft
have 1 600watt hps light with air ventilated hood
have 1 1000watt hps light with air ventilated hood
have 4'' inlining fan pushing air into tent
have 6'' inlining fan/ducting pushing air through lights and outside of tent
have 6'' inlining fan for exhaust through carbon filter

So my problems
Should I stick with my 1000 and 600 combo. Is that enough/too much/too little light for a 5x7 tent? I have the ability to switch my 1000watt with an 600 so I could just use 2 600watt light

Am planning on growing 16 plants. But can grow more. What is the recommended plants for that kind of space and lighting. Also am not going to seed or clone etc until I get a grasp on the basics of growing

And thirdly but most importantly right now as a demo I am only running the 600watt light and the heat in there is at like 90 fer. So I can imagine the heat of using both lights! Intense.

I feel like I set up the ventilation adequately but maybe something went wrong? What can I do to fix the heating problem

Any advise is greatly appreciated. I feel like Ive been searching forums all night and have been hitting my head against a wall. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me out. Bestow on me your awesome wisdom

I don't think Secret Jardin makes 5x7 tent, it's 5x10, I'm pretty sure.

In that case you have 50 sq ft. For this space two 1000w would be great, or three 600w. However if you can use one 1000w and 600 or both 600. Check heat and price, and determine if it's worth it from there. If you want to make it easy, and move on from thinking too much about lighting, just have both at 600w to keep things simple.

You only have a 4 inch intake? Are you using a 4 inch vent up top to blow air in?

I would switch your six inch fans to where there are pulling air through the lights and filter instead of pushing.

Shut off the 4 inch fan and let the six inchers suck air in from the passive vents at the bottom of the tent. If it's
still too hot set up the 4 inch fan to blow out the 4 inch vent up top.

Like Gadfly said, if you are venting into the same room you won't be able to control the tent without AC.

Back
Top Bottom