60 Day AutoFlower - DWC-Self Pollination

TsaktuO

This is my first grow journal, along with first DWC grow. Have done a many of research on this topic in terms of DWC, and have found it to be a very interesting project to decide to embark on.

What we have here is a complete DIY set up, from the grow tent and the DWC to all the zip ties and duck tape.

I will first start of by saying thanks to Corey for his amazing Nutes, I have seen great grows with his nutrients, I just had to try it out.

I will be performing a self pollination and pollination of another planet but same strain. This will be done with forcing the first plant into hermi mode, with that amazing juice everyone has been talking about, Tiresias Mist!

:Ref:

--- // Blue Planet Nutrients
DWC // Deep Water Cultivation
Royal Queen Quick One // Auto 1
Royal Queen Quick One // Auto 2

Being that this is one of the faster Auto Flower strains that Royal queen has, it's not the highest yielding. So with the situation I am in like most DIY peeps, budget is key. I want to be as successful with the grow as much as I can, so with DWC, ---, 60 day Auto flower. So by forcing Auto 1 into hermi which then leads to balls and pollen, I will proceed to pollinate Auto 1 that will produce F1 clone in seed form. From the pollen I gather I will then control pollinate the Auto 2, which then would result to a F2 seeds.. that will grow to 80% of the parent plant. In order to do this right timing is perfect to produce the F1 seeds due to the vigorous growth of the Auto flower and DWC combination.. I must mist a branch at right around 2 weeks, and continue until I see signs of sex, then give it time to mature the seeds. If all goes well.. I will have a decent amount of seeds that will me feminized. I will not be pollinating all the buds, just a few.. and save some pollen for some of the other plant I have growing.. growing is a everyday experiment.

Here are some pictures I took tonight, after completing my DWC installation into the tent. I was so excited about the new upgrade in medical development, I removed a 3 week old Kush Berry from soil into the DWC. Never done that before... anxious to see how she does over night.
IMG_053413.JPG

IMG_053514.JPG

IMG_053614.JPG

IMG_053713.JPG

It was a successful transplant in my book.

I didn't plant on having other strain in this grow.. but they will be there for the entire time. My tent is 20"X45"X5'.
So space is limited, will prolly move them at end of flowering of the Auto's.

I like my Kush.. so there is Hindu, Bubba, and Berry Kush lingering in my grow tent..

Here is the real project at way So pumped on making seeds and fast growth with the Auto and DWC hook up. Started soaking the Quick one, this is Auto 1. Will germinate Auto 2 in about a week, to give time for the pollen sacks to form on Auto 1.
first pic iis the Auto 2 in bag//Secon pic is Auto 1 in soak
IMG_053214.JPG

IMG_053111.JPG

Okay set up.. I'm running 2 105watt CFL. with 3 1600 20w CFL Total of 17000 Lumens.. not great at all.. but what I have to work with for now. Plan on upgrading to Full LED panels sooon!

My tank is a 14gal reservoir... with 2 pumps.. a 160GPH feeding pump.. and a 295 GPH Power head that is aerating the tank (which can be alternate into a circulating jet that does around 1300GPH).. So maximizing my Dissolved Oxygen.. I have another Air Pump with air stone that I should put in just make it that much more. Each site is being fed from the 160 GPH pump.. while the Power head does just that.. Moves that tank around like a wave pool and making the break in the surface area to create those volley oxygen bubbles! Here is a link to anyone that does not completely understand how dissolved oxygen works and the diffusion process it goes through to separate the oxygen from the other gases into the water. CHEMICAL FEATURES OF WATER
It helped me a lot in understanding the importance of dissolve oxygen and how well it can increase the growth of the plant.. and we all know Auto flowers need that that fast growth for those colas at week 8..

Blue Planet nutes of course. PH level is at 5.8 with 1ml/gal atm which brings my ppm to around 120.
Res temps are 65 degrees.
IMG_053317.JPG

Once my sprouts come out.. I will then boost to 2.5ml/gal.
Will then gradually increase, at a 2.5ml/gal until I hit 8.5 on the Part A. and will increase Part B to 12ml/gal.. but this is all way down the line
I will not be using any other supplement if not needed.

This will be very exciting ride due to all the variables at hand, AutoFlowers...Female on Female love making with a wet DWC system that always make the ladies happy. I've done my research lets see if it all pays off!

Stay Green

Okay quick update... Moved the soaking Auto 1 into very humid area in wet paper towel. Give it till morning to place in plug (if tape root is showing well).

I took some pics since this is the beginning of my journal... the plants will not be pollinated by the auto flowers during this journal. I will save some pollen to experiment with strains of my personal fav. To see how that works out.

I was in a tight situation, being that I want to put all my focus on these Autflowers and the breeding portion.. I didn't know what to do with the plants that are currently in Veg.. so I thought and searched around for best way to really train/control your plants size.. but not hurt the ending yield. I found the defoliation was the perfect solution.. being that I just recently discovered it last night.

I'm now really excited to see the difference in growth after stripping my females down. Figured why not try a new technique given the circumstance that I'm in.. If anyone has done this before, and can post some advice on your experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is the Bubba Kush with complete stripping. 3 weeks old 5-6 nodes
IMG_054320.JPG

IMG_053910.JPG

IMG_054517.JPG

IMG_054419.JPG

Here is the Kush Berry with her complete stripping. 2 1/2 weeks old 4-5 nodes
IMG_054912.JPG

Never really noticed all the bud sites that never get any light.. if any.. So amazing how this technique works!

Plan on introducing these plants to BPN.. as they have had a very small if any supplement since seed. Which n again is great, since by defoliation of the plants.. means a longer veg time.. 2-3 extra.. which will put me in perfect timing to to switch these to 12/12 after the auto flower project.

Oh here is the reservoir. with the feedng tubes and 295 gph powerhead.
IMG_054815.JPG

Well Shitty morning. Woke up to check on my girls. My powerhead impeller broke.. second day of using the damn thing. I packed it up and shipped to amazon. I would not recommend this pump due to had reviews, for same thing that happen to me. I heard the older model is better, so I bought that one. It's even better in GPH then this one anyways.

Fucking trash
41sWWwmw8BL_1_.jpg

Upate. PH is 6.0. ppm is 130 temp 80 degrees 40% humidity.
I ordered some new seeds from Seed Depot. Secret Garden Seeds - Pink Salad. the looks and smell of this strain I hear is amazing. here is a pic from The Seed Depot Forums.

It does not turn colors from the temp change, a natural genetic. Very interesting and the price is great for 15 seeds.
Here is a pic from a guy who grew this strain. it's a Auto flower btw.
Pinksalad_F2_2.jpg

I would recommend The Seed Depot over any seed banks out there. The founder J B. is the same guy who was head of IC Mag i believe. I made my order of Think Different, and i messaged him on some advice, he responded right away pointed me in the direction of buying some seed from Secret Garden, due to the value for your buck, and amazing genetics. underground breeders is what i see, aand the picture does not lie. That's a tight bud right there. So I ordered 15 of these seeds they come in Reg, but 15 for 24 Euro is amazing. thats roughly 6 females for 25.... 50 /50 chance..
So that's all I have..
I just recently found out that the Royal Queen Quick one is very b gentices.. wish I knew when i bought.. oh well.. These SG will def be a winner.

Stay Green

Alright.

Vintage 2006 came up to say hello this morning.. first plant to be born in my DWC, kinda cool.
2012-12-17_19_44_34.jpg

Here is the update on that Defoilation on the soil plants.
Very please with the 2 day results...I defoiled these 2 ddays ago.... aamzing growth, and you think one of those are bud sites.. so yummy!

2012-12-17_19_46_19.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2012-12-17_19_22_55.jpg[/img
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2012-12-17_19_21_26.jpg
2012-12-17_19_21_17.jpg

2012-12-17_19_24_17.jpg

Day 3 of Defoil on the soil plants. Those 2 at the top, got out of control.. already shading new bud sites CLIP CLIP.. Auto 1 is a dude.. Auto 2 might Germ.. we will see.. I ordered Some SGS off The Seed Depot... still waiting no worries. Pink Salad sounds an looks soo good, hope that shit has a great high.

2 1/2 weeks old first day of defoil
IMG_054912.JPG

15 days after defoil
IMG_066913.JPG
around a little over a month old just placed on 12/12

2 1/2 weeks old first day of defoil
IMG_054912.JPG

15 days after defoil
IMG_066913.JPG
around a little over a month old just placed on 12/12
:ciao: How goes it there TsaktuO!
:popcorn:I'm in! This looks REAL interesting!

K

@Korloin All goes well my friend, just getting over the last year, an on with another beuitful one. This will be a fun ride, losts of experimental stuff going on here. Extreme LST, High Defoil, Self Pollinations of females, DWC with all those technique being implemented. I'm stoked. Not to mention, I just got my arrival of SGS Pink Salad ((DJ shorts OrginalBlueberry x Mazar) Pink Bud x Fruit Salad).
I just made a write up on this strain :pink Salad" on the geno line, and what amazing line Secret Garden Seeds has made. Seed Depot Forums write up. Secret Garden Selection / / Pink Salad Link to the Seed Depot.
My order of these seeds just came into day! So look forward to some crazy pheno's sooon to come. Oh did I mention these crosses re Auto Flowers! : D

Okay I need to spare some time, and update this thread. Holidays everything can slow you down at the end of the year. : /
Everything with the Royal Queen Auto's went completely south. So i need to revise the top of the thread for that reason. Would not recommend Quick One auto's lol I should of read up on them. >First time everything here though<.

Here are photo's taken last night of what I currently have in the tent. These are all the same of the one that are in the top photo's. They have all just been extremely defoiled.

The transplant Kushberry went decent. A little behind her sister that is in the Orange 2 liter. The one bend completely over is Bubbha Kush along with her sister next to her.

Enjoy!

Edit;: forgot photo's

2013-01-06_19_15_32.jpg
2013-01-06_19_14_56.jpg
2013-01-06_19_12_43.jpg
2013-01-06_19_12_30.jpg
2013-01-06_19_10_27.jpg
2013-01-06_19_01_29.jpg

2013-01-06_19_10_44.jpg

Just turned on 12/12 first feeding of the Bloom Booster at 1ml/gal. ATM PPM is 1200 with 12ml/gal of B 10ml/gal of A. Will increase A if need be (Not Green enough) If all works well i will keep A at 10ml/gal. and increase B. with Bloombooster!! I expect some amazing strech, which would put the icing on the cake for this sort of grow. ATM most of these plants are around 6-10 inches in height. Age range from 1-2 months old. Expect most of them to be around 20 to 25 inches Width and Height! Don't forget this is all with CFL's.. But with the envirment i placed these girls in makes the light so compact... which equal more light pentatration! Will be buying more supplemental light in near future. If you can see the light outside the box, tent, etc. then you need to fix it. Reflection and lighting are such an important aspect to my tent. Lights are being moved every week to keep a even canopy along with tight node growth. Pondering the thought of making a PVC frame around it like a lot of people around here do. Then strech line across to have even more control over them Control them Females!!! My tent size is 20" x 30" x 5'.

Comments advise are so welcomed. I wouldnt be where i was if it wasnt for you pro's out there that take the time to help newbs like my self. This is all my first time grow. Everything is DIY, so I'm sure not evrything will turn out as it should but we can always hope!

Hey Tsak! (gonna shorten for ease, hope you don't mind. :;):)

I'm on my second journal, (4th grow, but the first 2 don't count as anything other than pure idiocy.:rofl:) and my first attempt at DWC too.:high-five: Also been using Bassman's Defoliation technique since the last grow. Had 5 plants. 1 died, 3 went male and the seed I started when the one died wound up being my only fem. So I pollenated a few of her branches and wound up w/ a nice lil' selection of seeds to grow with! (one of which is in my current journal)
I'm also a full on DIY as well and LOVE experimenting too! I'm no pro, but I've learned quite a bit from the last experience and with the help of many of the fine folks on here. (I saw someone flame your post on the defoil thread. That's a rarity here so don't sweat it if you are. The real folks are very cool and helpful) So if there's anything I can help w/ don't hesitate to ask.:thumb: I'm sure I'll glean some interesting things watching this develop as well!

That IS some extreme defol man!! :) I was going pretty deep too, but they always bounced back. Excited to see where your girls go in flower! I'll probably flip mine in a week or so. When the seedling grows up a bit more. My other girls have been in veg for @ 6 weeks, but mostly while I was figuring out how to not fuck up doing a hydro grow. :rofl: Needless to say, they've been stunted a bit. I've got a pretty good handle on it now and may even veg 'em out longer to fill out a bit. We'll see.

Take care Bro!

I'll check in again soon.

:peace:

K

:icon_cool Korloin What's the deal man!

Thanks a lot for the kind words and encouragement in this topic. I my self have never defoliated or even grown before so this is all completely new. I have been told that I'm taking on to much as a first timer, but I was instantly intrigued by the nature of these plant's. Which brings me to the part of where I'm kinda radical when it comes to new stuff.

Defoliation is still a touchy topic in the eyes of a lot growers, and then for me to experiment even more in such and o a complete 100% defoil with each tit FIM also. Yes the return time might be longer or maybe now? These plants are so industrial it's not even funny. I expect complete new foliage within 7 days, which I find amazing. The flames don't hurt unless they are my wifes flames.. :wood:. I understand people have there opinion, they just need to understand they are not the only one's that do. :;):

These pictures I posted are same day uploads.. so Im on day 2 now of the complete defoil and already see tons of growth. More so on the one that is in the DWC. PPM is at a good 1200, temps are round 78-82. Lights are back at 20/4.

also apologizes for short response, still working, just peaking in.

Thanks again for the interest, when i get time i will need to stop by your grow area. :thumb:

Later,
Tsak

Hey man, it's YOUR grow. So F'@#* the doubters and do what you want!:thumb:

I definitely stray outside the comfort zone for a lot of folks. But I'm the one who deals w/ the results, good or bad. And that's fine w/me!
Right now I'm kinda holding myself back from doing too much and tryin' to dial this hydro thing in so I can have a bit of product to tide me over while I experiment on my next grow. There are so many different approaches out there and IMHO, all have their individual merits and drawbacks. I'm the type that wants to know and I'd rather find out for myself than just take someone else's experience for granted. :)

There's a fantastic dude on here. He goes by the handle GiGaBaNE. Here's a link to his previous journal. I LOVE this guy! He comes up w/ some of the most far out ideas. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. But EVERYTHING he does just furthers understanding how this amazing plant can grow.:tokin:

If you're interested in trying to grow a big green Behemoth indoors, check out my man Smokemupm8's last and current grows. He's dialed in an amazing technique for himself and it sure has paid off!

+reps to you Bro! For staying true and doing it!

Like I said before, this is gonna be a very interesting grow.:high-five:

:peace:

K

ps.The genetics on that fruit salad look incredible!! Can't wait to see that! Making me want to go shopping again. :rofl:
I've got some great stuff waiting in the hopper and can't quite justify it yet. But I'm tempted!;)

Alright so I got my package in from The Seed Depot yesterday. Secret Garden Seeds - Pink Salad. E$KOB@R -Freebies - Blue Santa (4x) Blue Santa = Santa Maria X Blueberry. Germinating 5 Pink Salad right now. Soaked them last night at 6pm, they sunk around 9am this morning. I placed them in Rapid Rooter Plugs at 6pm this evening. Will upload photo's when these girls pop Cross your fingers for at least 2 females. Will upload photo's once they pop! Expect sexing at 14 days with these plants, great line of genetics!

Just won 2 auctions on there for 12 euro's!!! those 2 auctions had 10 seeds each. Here are links to those auctions. Thought what the hell. Supposedly these are all Auto's also?!

Crazy X Seeds - Malonica
Crazy X Seeds - Mystical Mix

Pretty cool set up JB has going on over at The Seed Depot!

@ Korlion
Dude I'm right there with you, why not branch out and try new things:idea:. So excited about these Pink Salad myself. The pheno's on this strain are by far the coolest I've seen. If you get a green pheno chances it will have a sour apple smell, and same goes for the pink and the purple Pheno's! Can't wait for scratch and sniff time:yummy:!

What kinda dialing around are you looking for in regards to your Hydro?
I just think of the water as a medium which it is, but even less then that.. just a substance that is needed for the plants to absorb the nutrients that you give to them. Plants can only absorb there nutrients via liquid form.. Reason for distilled water-reverse osmosis makes it 0 ppm, when we add our nutrients it does just the opposite of that. Easy for the grower to have the extra control over everything that pretty girl wants, needs and desires
:party:
Will need to check out some of those grows. I've seen Giga around, he does seem like a tight guy. haven't read a lot lately, just needed a means to control my girls that are in soil, an found Bass. I need to branch out in the Forums more!

Stay tuned for sure man, I'm a newb but I'm all in!:roorrip:

@ Korlion
Dude I'm right there with you, why not branch out and try new things:idea:. So excited about these Pink Salad myself. The pheno's on this strain are by far the coolest I've seen. If you get a green pheno chances it will have a sour apple smell, and same goes for the pink and the purple Pheno's! Can't wait for scratch and sniff time:yummy:!

What kinda dialing around are you looking for in regards to your Hydro?
I just think of the water as a medium which it is, but even less then that.. just a substance that is needed for the plants to absorb the nutrients that you give to them. Plants can only absorb there nutrients via liquid form.. Reason for distilled water-reverse osmosis makes it 0 ppm, when we add our nutrients it does just the opposite of that. Easy for the grower to have the extra control over everything that pretty girl wants, needs and desires
:party:
Will need to check out some of those grows. I've seen Giga around, he does seem like a tight guy. haven't read a lot lately, just needed a means to control my girls that are in soil, an found Bass. I need to branch out in the Forums more!

Stay tuned for sure man, I'm a newb but I'm all in!:roorrip:

My issues have been more w/ maintaining good res temps and humidity issues.
I figured the nute thing out pretty quick and ph is pretty easy to keep in range.
Most of my issues have been environmental and correcting for earlier mistakes.
Still getting the hang of topping w/ nutes or water depending on ppm v. ph. But my boy AJ's grow has helped me get a better handle on that.
We grow as we grow!:green_heart::green_heart:
Got things going pretty good right now. Everythings on the up. Just my timetable got pushed back a bit.
:)

K

that plant looks fucked up why did you cut of all the leafs?

Your right they do look fucked up.

But what's even more fucked up.

Is that cannabis has the ability to recover from this in just a very short time (given a willing strain), which then results in a smaller more compact subject with a lot more nodes per sq/inch.
As you can see the nodes are very close together, power of the CFL and it's ability to get very close to the plant without harming it. Now that I have reached the nodes I want, I will now raise the lights.. and we are talking 2 105w CFL with 6200 lumen each, with 4 Additional 20w 1600 lumen each. In a near 90% reflective tent, with dimension of 20"x30"X5'(ATM I lowered the ceiling so the plants think it's 3' height) so really is 20"x30x3', and lights are around 15 inches from the plants. <Reasoning how I obtained such short node structure>

I failed to realize when I first started was the amount of light lost due to poor reflection or to much space between the light and the reflective material (wall,ceiling,side panel, etc).
Your bulb says 50k lumen..
you think your getting all 50k? Test and see.
Light that is not correctly being bounced back to the plants in a effective way is
LUMEN LOST :idea:

So back to why I have cut off all my leaf on this plant. It is growing evenly across the entire plant with near perfect light penetration for the amount of lumen I have and the close reflection is making my 80 degree grow box a perfect environment for some Auto's. Yes it's not a HPS, but I also live in a sub tropical area, where temps can get very very hot. The amount of cash I would need in comparison to what I have spent here would be way out of my budget, though I'm sure it's possible.

There is some really amazing grow already on that skinned back girl. I will post some later after the steaks!:tokin:

I failed to realize when I first started was the amount of light lost due to poor reflection or to much space between the light and the reflective material (wall,ceiling,side panel, etc).
Your bulb says 50k lumen..
you think your getting all 50k? Test and see.
Light that is not correctly being bounced back to the plants in a effective way is
LUMEN LOST :idea:

This is a HUGE lesson to learn. :high-five:

I'm still tweaking to get everything in the proper zone. :)

The way my box is set up I could actually put the plants @ 4" from my HID lamp w/o heat issues, but they'd still fry some from TOO MANY LUMENS depending where they are in their cycle! Everything in balance is key. Maximize potential means many things on many levels, right!?!

:Namaste:

K

Yea man.
Constantly tweaking, I'm going to hardware store to pick up some material to construct my own reflector for these 105w bulbs.

Maximizing potential!:thumb:

I just got finished planting those Pink Salad. Got 2 in DWC, and 4 in 2 liter jugs. Here is a pic of the defoiled chic. 3days?

IMG_066913.JPG
IMG_068813.JPG

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom