600 Watt Grand Master Lv Tent Grow

Growingnow

Well first of all let me thank you for taking the time to check out my grow. A few fact about what I am using and where I plan on going with it.

Agromax Medium Window Grow Tent. 47" x 47" x 79"
2 6" inline fans
2 4" computer fans
Soiless Mix

I purchased Advance Nutrients Grand Master Lv of Nutes from one of the vendors on Ebay that packages the nutes into 8 oz bottles. These did take a bit longer then anticipated for delivery but received all + some Kushie Kush and Happy Frog Nutes.

Using a small window A/C for temp control (however this doesn't have a thermostat so it is set up on timer)

Seeds were collected from what I have been smoking on over the past year and not stored properly, will be looking to get better genetics as time moves along. So if u have a preferred seed bank that ships world wide would be nice info. I want to grow AK-47, NYC Diesel, and any Indica that would give a nice couch lock.

So once I got the tent set up ran vent fans with one cooling my lamp and one evac the air inside the tent. The two 4" fans I am using to evac the air from the top. Air Flow is turned over about twice a min and temps are running nice with the exclusion of "night time" which is during the day and temps are spiking now that summer has hit.

So far I have 4 growing in smaller 1/2 gallon pots that will be moved into larger 5 gallon buckets once they have become more established. Yes 5 gallon as I would prefer to grow large (width not height) plants. With careful pruning and tying I have always been able to from previous grows get nice results.

So I am into day 27 since I first started the 24 hour seed soak. I suck at germating and lost about half but the 4 remaining have all started to show some preflowers that look female. The odds that they are all female are 16/1 but stranger things have happened.

I am running an 18 hour on cycle that begins at 8:00 at night so as to maintain good temps when lamps are on. My best looking lady so far is on her seventh set of leaves I ran into so temp issues and stunted their growth I believe in the second week of growth and waiting on my nutes held me back.

As far as watering goes I have feed them 4 times waiting for the top 1" to dry out somewhat before watering. The first feeding was done by A.N.'s suggested feeding for 3.875 liters of water. I used a syringne to measure each of the following into my gallon of water.

Sensi Grow A & B
B-52
Iguana Juice (grow)
Voodoo Juice
Piranha
Tarantula

Once I mixed these according to their standards I let sit for 18 hours to allow the P.H. to settle. Then I took 2 oz of the concentrated mix and added it to 18 oz of water. I let this sit for 2 hours and watered my 4 girls with it. The second watering I added 3 oz of my mix to 17 oz of water. The third was a 4 oz to 16 oz ratio, and my latest watering was half and half.

I saw a bit of burn on three of my girls but the 4th was happy as could be. I would love to see what my roots are doing but must wait a few more weeks until I transplant to know what is going on under there. Pics will be incoming soon but spent everything I had on getting supplies and I can live without a phone for a month. But I am taking lots of pics and will upload when I can.

Also I came across about 30 seeds from a previous grow that I had breed and forgotten about that where stored in a humidor so hopefully they germ a few.

Re: 600 watt Advanced Nutirent (Grand Master Lv) Tent Grow

OK so just mixed a fresh gallon of nute water

ya ya I know about tap water but started with 8.0 ph tap water
added in Sensi Grow A & B
Voodoo Juice
B-52
Tarantula and Piranha

inside of 5 mins I have watched the PH drop to 6.86
I think I'm going to like the ph perfect nutes

Will water at 5 oz. of nute water to 15 oz. of water I have been breaking down my watering into 20 oz. bottles as this is the most convenient for me.

When using Advanced Nutes I did a lot of research on them and a lot of people have recommended not using full strength so I have been slowly working my way up. I like this brand because of the research they do are made to grow the best possible green and they have quite a large selection to optimize your grow. I would recommend using as much of their additives as possible but this is not based on experience just research. I understand a lot of people don't use them because of their cost but go to ebay type advanced nutrient bundle and there are a few options. You will still pay for what u get but allows you to break down the cost a bit if you are not a massive grower or just starting out. Just my 2 cents.

I am looking towards going away from dirt ( soiless mixes) have used a dwc before and still have the set up (pump, 6 hole lid, air pump) but I failed at my first attempt at dwc and losing all six hurt so went back to dirt. However this was before trying ph perfect so kinda wanting to go at it again. Other then dwc what are your preferred mediums for a bit past amateur growers. I say a bit past as I have grown about 8 crops with a 400 watt never got as much from my grows as I wanted but was able to get close to 1g per watt on my best of attempts. Now that I have steped up to a 600 watt HPS and a grow tent I am hoping to take it to the next lv increasing my equipment and genetics until I can do a nice scientific grow with controls so that I can maximize my plants and I have an idea of what genetics I want and what I want to cross and grow. But my goal would be to get 1 gram per watt every two months, I plan on adding another tent for clones, mother, and veg growth. I wish to accomplish this with as few # of plants as possible incase LEO ever comes they charge u by the # not the volume of your plant. So this was a nice run on paragraph but this is about the only place one can talk about our supper secret world. Thanks for the time and smoke one for me as all my funds went to getting set up.

subscribed. always add your nutrients to water not each other, when added to each other they react and drop out of solution in a form that plants can not absorb. i have ordered from Nirvana several times.

Cannabis seeds straight from the source

I add my nutes into water not each other, thanks for looking out. I just call my one gallon of water with nutrients mixed in at full strength my nute water if that's what created the confusion. On to happier news just began my 24 hour soak of the 41 seeds I found (forgot I had) in my humidor. I would like get my 6 site dwc up with these guys and soiless mix some. Would love some suggestions on what to with a batch of 5 - 6 of these that I am not currently employing.

i would package your unused seeds inside a plastic zip lock style bag or a small canister inside a zip lock style bag that can be kept in your refrigerator to keep your seeds fresh for years, that is how i store my seeds.

Yes that would have been a lot wiser but to be honest with you I forgot the seeds where even in there. I would guess them to be atleast a year old if not older. I planted them in some coco plugs, covered the top of the seed hole, dosed the humidity dome with water and covered them with a towel and placed on the heating mat. I will be happy to see some seedlings in a few days (hopefully). Now the hard part of waiting and I want to wait atleast two days before I uncover them so I can have a happy surprise. I would like to see 8 - 10 of the 45 seeds come up. That's a real low germination rate I know but these seeds were not taken care of in the least.

On the plus side I pulled my smallest two out and left with two however my best girl is sitting at a bit under 6" and working on the 8th node currently. I gently pulled out of pot today to see if I could notice roots and how we were looking in terms of moving into larger pots and I could see clear roots already pushing to the bottom of the pot easily 7 - 8 " below the dirt line. Will transplant this girl soon into her next pot. More then likely I will use this as my mother plant for the time being until I have gotten better genetics but this girl seems to be the hardest of my four (now two) and once she hits a foot or so I will begin the cloning process.

Working on plans for my clone / seedling box right now. I want to incorporate my 8 hole aero cloner and my seed tray and humidity dome, and heat mat. Going to set this with a few CFL's and a use a 4" computer fan.

So I arrive home and see LEO taking all my equipment and girls, talk about a crap way to begin the day. Good news is I woke up and all was well. Talk about your fucked up vivid dreams.

So pulled everything out today and reworked my ventaltion. I was set at a static height on lamp because of my ventaltion so I pulled it down and with the handy dandy dremmel drilled some holes and mounted my fan onto the reflector. So now instead of drawing air from outside the tent to cool my lamp and evacuating my air in to the outside room, it now pulls the air from inside the tent moving more air in through the bottom increasing my passive air intake. Now time for temp test.

Also my best lady got repotted 3 hours before the light came on, then placed at lower then normal height for any transplant shock. After observing her I moved her back to with-in a foot of the lamp as she seemed to be suffering no transplant shock.

27 hours till I remove the towel from the top of my dome hiding my 40 seeds and hoping to see lots of new friends.

you should add your grow journal to your signature so it is easy for other members to find. to add your grow journal to your signature go to top right, Settings>Settings, left hand side, My Settings>Edit Signature, copy the web address from your first page and paste it into the open window.

Cool beans shall do hard to see why you are going to be the next member of the month. I just don't see it. I joke I joke I kid I kid.

So with the new fan alteration to the hood I am running one 6" inline pulling air from the grow tent and ventilating it out into the room it sits. Side note the room it occupies is just a spare bedroom that I placed a window unit in and then ran two 4" flexible vent tubes into the ac covering about 2/3 of the outflow of air and pumping that into my grow tent. One is at the top the other is at the bottom by a large passive inflow screen. This now leaves me with two 4" computer fans and one more 6" fan to play around with. So far temps seem to be staying in tolerable range 78 - 83 F. Going to have to design a carbon filter for my fan filter soon. Worried this will slow down my fans draw thus making it less efficient at cooling my lamps and high temps are going to be worry #1 where I live.

My "current" problem is humidity and lack of funds to even buy the cheapest one for another two weeks. I have been spraying down my tent walls with a spray bottle every few hours and it got me to thinking that once I get the humidity up from 16% to 50 - 60 % my temps might drop a degree or two. Maybe its just because when im spraying it feels cooler. Also have a large Tupperware container with water for evaporation but that's not getting the job done and don't want to have a bunch of open water containers just sitting around in my tent.

Thoughts on temporary humidity solutions I would love to hear

Its killing me wanting to know what my little beans are doing beneath the towel

So I topped my girl today and have come up with a game plan for genetics. I am going to order from one of the seed bank sponsors on here and get the fastest shipping they can provide. CANNABIS SEEDS / MARIJUANA SEEDS -Sensible seeds. In two weeks I am getting a nice check to help me fund my genetics and get a humidifier (16% RH currently).

So plan is
Green House Seed Packs these are all feminized packs and going to get one H and one I for 10 nice sexy seeds
From Dinafem Seeds Will get sour diesel feminized and get 5 seeds of this
From Ken Estes Grand Daddy Purp Regular 5 pack

Freebies are
3 Criticals
2 TH seeds MK Ultra
2 TH seeds UnderDawg OG
3 Black Domina x Bubblegum
3 Northern Light x AK
5 pack of Ken's Kush

This will have me with
Critical
Mk Ultra
Under Dog OG
Domina x Bubblegum
NL x AK
Kens Kush
Grand Daddy Purple
Sour Diesel
El Niño
Train Wreck
Cheese
Lemon Skunk
The Church
Great White Shark
White Rhino

This should be 38 beans total with most being females. Going to be placing my order in two weeks and shall keep you apprised and have pictures incoming. For the next three weeks I am going to be building a seedling / cloning chamber. If you have one please link as I am chasing down ideas. Also have to do some serious work on my first three weeks of seedlings life's as this is where my largest problem in growing has always been and I would like to keep as much of my invest alive as possible and any ideas or proven germination teqniques would love to hear. Will be growing the seeds in soiless mix and flowering clones in a aero ponics or dwc style.

Looking for people who have grown from seed or seed germination on their grow logs also anyone who DIY a seedling / cloning box would be appreciated.

can you move this to abandoned as I am having to restart my grow but will not be restarting for about 3 weeks and will be completely diffrent

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom