60x60 tent, 2x2, lighting

Mattjones1234

Dear all,

I am considering upgrading my lighting to a Mars Hydro TS1000 but I am concerned that it might be too close to the tent material because of its size.

The tent is 60x60cm the light is 44cm leaving just 16cm between the light, which gets hot and the lining of the tent. Do you think this could be dangerous as the light heat sync gets hot? Should I just settle either TS 600 which would give 30cm of space between the light and tent lining.

Thank you

16 cm between the light and the ceiling of the tent, or the walls? Because heat rises. Either way, that's what fans are for. If people aren't having the issue you're worried about when they stick 600-watt HPS (and, if it's a 5'x5' tent, 1,000-watt ones) in their tent - and they're not - then you'll be fine. Stick a fan in there to move air past it, and move its power supply out of the tent. Been a while since I looked at mine (it's not currently being used, due to it being 100°F in the space it's intended for :rolleyes: ), but if I remember correctly, there's enough wire to do so.

16 cm between the light and the ceiling of the tent, or the walls? Because heat rises. Either way, that's what fans are for. If people aren't having the issue you're worried about when they stick 600-watt HPS (and, if it's a 5'x5' tent, 1,000-watt ones) in their tent - and they're not - then you'll be fine. Stick a fan in there to move air past it, and move its power supply out of the tent. Been a while since I looked at mine (it's not currently being used, due to it being 100°F in the space it's intended for :rolleyes: ), but if I remember correctly, there's enough wire to do so.
Thanks for the response, it would be 16cm between the light and the walls of the tent. Height is okay.

Back
Top Bottom