$75 Million in Marijuana Arrests and NYC Still Smells Like Skunk

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A new report from the Drug Policy Alliance reveals that New York City spent an eye-widening $75 million arresting and locking people up for marijuana last year alone. It's quite an achievement considering that concealed possession of small amounts isn’t even supposed to be illegal in NYC.

I must say, I think NYPD deserves lots of recognition for really making this a top priority. Do you think it's easy to arrest $75 million worth of marijuana users every year? It's not. You have to really stay focused and not lose sight of your quota/goal, even as selfish New Yorkers are constantly calling in and claiming to be the victims of crimes other than marijuana possession.

There's just one problem though, which is that the streets of NYC still reek of dank herb, and you don't even want to know what gainfully employed hippies are doing in apartments all over the city. If NYPD is serious about stamping out pot in the Big Apple, it's obviously going to cost at least $1 billion per year to keep the situation under control, and until that funding becomes available, I feel like maybe the $75 million should be spent on something else, like schools.

NewsHawk: Jim Behr: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Author: Scott Morgan
Copyright: 2011 StoptheDrugWar.org
Website: $75 Million in Marijuana Arrests and NYC Still Smells Like Skunk | StoptheDrugWar.org

was in nyc this weekend to see the furthur shows...one of our friends was arrested for poss of marijuana, not for smoking it, but he was moving it from his pocket into his cigarette pack, the undercover spotted him and busted....while he was waiting transportation he sat with 8 other heads...all of which had similar sernarios...none were smoking...one was putting pipe in sock, most were putting stuff in there shoes/socks area...

teh police said that they were directed to concert areas and to be on the look-out for this type of behavior...they been scouting the best buy,radio city music hall...ect...ect...ffor the past few months they were doing it at teh allman brothers concert as well.

while being transported to station my friend said that they were at a light and and seen a big coke deal going down...huge bag of white powder...lots of cash...and teh cops said""what do you want us to do about it""

amazing....going out and busting folks for stupid shit ...people who are bringing money to there economy, and not going after real criminals....

you should of seen time square( thousands and thousands of police presence)....get into the bad areas where crime is running rampant and lucky to get a cop to you in five minuites...like east ny...

no the cops are pussies, dont do any real police work, hang out in time square where they are safe, and shoot fish in a barrel....stay out of the stocked pond 5/0....show us some real skillzs....get some killers off teh streets...maybe some baby rapers

.....or feeding the homeless, fixing the 10 million potholes everywhere, finally finishing the 10 million construction projects going on......

Back
Top Bottom