8 weeks flowering

Leugim

Hey guys,
My sativa girl is now 8 weeks into flowering. On the lower stems most of the buds pistils are amber color. I looked over a scope and the trichomes still seemed translucent. I guess my question is, Should I still wait a few more weeks for trichomes to change color before harvesting? Also what does it mean when I hear flushing your plant at the end of flowering?
Thanks

159FE944-DF6F-439E-ADDA-0FDC5C40F9D1.png

EE259E97-CD22-49CD-B944-5DE43DA9B197.jpeg

25F51CB7-ACA9-463B-920E-423D1BB5842D.jpeg

Should I still wait a few more weeks for trichomes to change color before harvesting?
I would gauge when to harvest using the color of the trichome heads (not the stems), but I wouldn't wait a week before checking again. In your last two pics I'd call that mostly cloudy, and since this is a sativa you probably wouldn't want to wait for a lot of amber, so check every few days and see how they go.
Also what does it mean when I hear flushing your plant at the end of flowering?
Well there are two uses of the word "flushing." One myth, one real. Most times growers talk about flushing at the end of flower they're referring to feeding plain water for the last days or weeks, and it's an attempt to get rid of "nute taste" from the harvest. That one is a myth. The truth is that it is scientifically impossible to remove nutrients from your flowers with water-only feeding at the end of the plant's life. What improves the taste of the flowers is a correct dry and cure.

The other kind of flushing is the kind done to clear the substrate of excess salts and ions that accumulate over a grow's-worth of using synthetic nutrients. This kind of flushing can be effective when there is a buildup that is affecting the plant in a negative way. Many growers don't do it and produce lovely harvests. But when it's done, it's done all at once and followed immediately with full-strength nutes, so as not to leave the plant in a depleted substrate. Some folks do it about 3 weeks before harvest, to theoretically give the roots the best chance to absorb the nutes you're feeding them during the final push of flower.

Thanks for that advice. I’ve been doing most of my choices by reading and intuition. Love it when I get to learn from others with experience. On the first advice I will for sure keep a close eye . She gets checked a few times a day. I might even clip a few lower branches that have no white pistils . I’ll also use the scope again .
That was also good to know about the flushing. Glad I don’t have to deal with that and now I can just focus on the next stage.

Thanks for the push.

Hey guys,
My sativa girl is now 8 weeks into flowering. On the lower stems most of the buds pistils are amber color. I looked over a scope and the trichomes still seemed translucent. I guess my question is, Should I still wait a few more weeks for trichomes to change color before harvesting? Also what does it mean when I hear flushing your plant at the end of flowering?
Thanks

159FE944-DF6F-439E-ADDA-0FDC5C40F9D1.png

EE259E97-CD22-49CD-B944-5DE43DA9B197.jpeg

25F51CB7-ACA9-463B-920E-423D1BB5842D.jpeg
Here’s another pic

937F397E-28CE-4C28-A321-AADAFB8ADEE4.png

Everything you’ve been advised is spot on. I go about things a little differently though. I pretty much let the plant tell me when she’s done. Look, feel, smell,,, is she drinking? Is she throwing pistils? Basically, is she still growing? Every plant is different but really do act the same. I quit looking at trichomes after growing the same plant (clones) about 8 generations. Again, a bit different if you’re running different strains/seeds all the time and a bit more tricky. I harvest Indicas when the plant says “I’m done” and true sativas a week before I think they’ll say “I’m done”. Yeah.. I’m sure I’ve grabbed a few too early.

Nice looking plant. I’d love to see all of her. Good job, good luck, enjoy!!!

With experience comes expertise! A lot of good growers will go by water uptake, change in smell, and overall look of the plant, so that's definitely a way to gauge a harvest.

But some folks like their sativas more racy or their indicas more sleepy, and only a trichome check will give you that info.

8 generations...nice! I've only gotten to 7 gens before everyone got completely bored smoking it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Everything you’ve been advised is spot on. I go about things a little differently though. I pretty much let the plant tell me when she’s done. Look, feel, smell,,, is she drinking? Is she throwing pistils? Basically, is she still growing? Every plant is different but really do act the same. I quit looking at trichomes after growing the same plant (clones) about 8 generations. Again, a bit different if you’re running different strains/seeds all the time and a bit more tricky. I harvest Indicas when the plant says “I’m done” and true sativas a week before I think they’ll say “I’m done”. Yeah.. I’m sure I’ve grabbed a few too early.

Nice looking plant. I’d love to see all of her. Good job, good luck, enjoy!!!
Thanks
It amazes me to hear people as passionate as I am with the plants. I love all the feedback I get here. It validates the hard work and love put into my girl.
i appreciate that.

3C976702-4DED-452C-951A-0C80B8E4F6B2.png

With experience comes expertise! A lot of good growers will go by water uptake, change in smell, and overall look of the plant, so that's definitely a way to gauge a harvest.

But some folks like their sativas more racy or their indicas more sleepy, and only a trichome check will give you that info.

8 generations...nice! I've only gotten to 7 gens before everyone got completely bored smoking it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m so proud I got this far. I will be patience and give em about 2 months to cure. I can’t wait to grow another girl. I might switch from CFls to LEDs next.
You guys are awesome, thanks much.

Back
Top Bottom