8o8s Ice April2010 First Grow

8o8s

Hello everyone. In this thread I will be attempting to grow Sativa Ice, winner of 08 canni cup.

I will be growing inside of my closet. The dimensions are 2.5x4x3 ft.

This is a first grow on a shoestring budget. Have a fan, 6 100w equiv cflc's, and 2 shop lights i plan to floor mount as they grow. I plan to ventilate with the door cracked and the fan on.

Heres a pic. Walls are white as suggested.
102_1283.jpg

I have a cardboard partition for the 4thwall and same solution for a top. will prolly wrap with aluminum.

I am going for energy efficient. Not too concerned about fastest yield, i just want steady, fuzzy plants.

Thanks for the feedback, i look forward to learning all y'all have to teach me.

8o8's ;)

Got a therm and humidity gauge for the setup.

Temp in bare room with fan on 71 degrees

Humidity 52

I will be attempting:
Ice
INDOOR / OUTDOOR Indoor
TYPE High Sativa
PLANT HEIGHT Medium, ~100cm indoor
FLOWERING TIME 8-9 weeks
HARVEST 8-9 months
YIELD Indoor 650g m2 Outdoor, up to 800g
GROW DIFFICULTY Easy

Will be running 168 watts worth of cfls equivelent to 720watts.

I have got the seeds planted.

Has anyone ran a closet grow similar to this? please pm me if you have some pics.

Thanks

8o8's :grinjoint:

808 hawaiian stylee,

yo, looks like a nice clean little setup you got goin! Just a heads-up...you may want to think about a better and more substantial airflow situation than just a cracked door. With a little area filled with perspiring plants, the air is bound to stagnate and get pretty humid. Keep an eye on the temp and humidity once you're up and running and be prepared to make some changes if need be. Just sayin because that is a problem I ran into with my first closet grow.

Also, nice strain choice! How many will you be growing? Soil/hydro? Nutes?

Alohaz

I will be using soil as my medium. I have decided to go with MG organics simply because i want to keep this grow simple.

I have 10 germinated/planted in jiffy peat pots with MC as medium. I did not do a prolonged germination period, i simple left them in a cup of water overnight and they were cracked with just a little tiny bit of taproot showing. The quality of the seeds so far seem top notch. Every seed cracked open therefore i should get 10 seedlings.

My goal for this grow is:

atleast 4 successful female plants no taller than 3 feet

Cloning chamber (to be established later)

Here are a few pics..
An amazing start!
102_1290.jpg

Room with fan, lights - 1, timer, smoke alarm.
102_1291.jpg

Thank you for bringing ventilation up to me. I have a deskfan i plan on using with cracking the door, however i dont think the wifey is gonna like the smell when they start to flower. The closet has an outside wall i was thinking about putting a small vent into the wall (blowing outside). Do you think this is a good solution, or what else do you have for me, remember, shoe string budget.

Just another quick question, what is my goal humidity range?

Thanks

8o8's

I also have a homebuilt squarefoot garden im working on along with our standard herb and pepper garden, pics will be included later =)

Thanks for your interest and feedback!

8o8's

Some general humidity rules are usually 50-70% during Veg state, and under 50% during flower. As for the venting issue...It's hard to give solid advise without knowing what the situation is like concerning your neighbors and all that, or where in the house your grow is. If possible, a good area to vent is into the attic (that's where I vented my closet grow into). It allows the spent air to exit through the vents in the attic instead of an obvious hole in the side of the house. Look into 4" inline Vortex or Can fans...they are relatively cheap and work wonders.

I'm looking forward to following your grow! With the amount of knowledge on this site at your fingertips, I'm sure you will do just fine.

:welcome:

Good idea japan. I have 6 cfls left to toy with, and a ton of cords, wires, etc. As for venting to the attic, its a possibility! gonna rummage through my garage and see what kinda motors, fans etc i can find. thanks for the tips!

Hello 8o8s,

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom