First Legal Grow in Colorado

Been a week or so with a lot of growth so here's more pics...

DSCF32181.JPG
DSCF32171.JPG
DSCF32161.JPG
DSCF3215.JPG
DSCF32141.JPG
DSCF3213.JPG
DSCF32121.JPG

What's the total veg time u are going for?
We were talking about going to flower around or just before the middle of March. We got them as cuttings on the last day of January so they've been vegging for about 22 days so far (assuming that the first week was development, and we had a setback in growth due to the mites and their treatment.)

We know we need to go get some bigger pots any day now. Just looking for the chance to get to the store. We're considering changing to FFoF but this dirt seems to be doing a pretty damn good job, i gotta say.

Looking great rmh - you've nailed those earlier issues by the looks of it, really healthy looking

Thanks! Its reassuring to have you guys keeping an eye on the room from afar.
If you have any feedback on the training and pruning (or anything else) we're doing feel free to chime in.

We're always open to any good ideas. :idea:

Thank you for the reps mate, much appreciated.

I've not got a huge amount of experience with training etc having only done it properly on my current grow, but essentially my goal was to keep bringing vertical growth down horizontally to spread the plant out and keep her low with an even canopy so all the side branches etc developed into tops so the plant got more even light penetration, rather than just the top of the plant if left to grow naturally.

One bit of advice I can confidently give you is to not worry too much about being gentle - if everything else is healthy these plants can take a lot without missing a beat. If something snaps don't panic - as long as it's still attached in some way just wrap a bit of tape round it to hold it together and 9 out of 10 times it will be fine. I've snapped a few but only lost one top when it pretty much snapped clean off.

Wow look like all leaf. I'm sure u will have lots of buds. Going for a fim or topping?

We'll be introducing the scrog soon and I imagine there will be some plants that need to be topped and some which are better suited for fimming. 2 plants in particular have grown straight up with almost no branches to train, while others seem to want to grow horizontally on their own. Thats a major reason why we decided to give each plant its own scrog instead of trying to grow them all to one height in the same screen.

I plan on backing off on the nutes for a week or two since the new dirt is so rich. If I see any signs of yellowing I may introduce a small amount into each root ball but I dont think Ill need to based on what Ive read on the other grow journals.

BTW, we're using Roots Organic Original Potting Soil. I gotta say its pretty damn good stuff from what Ive seen so far.

Oh yeah, for any of you following the seeds we bought. Not one of them ever germinated. Sucks.

They look really healthy and compact, very nice mate. Are you considering defoliating at all?

Yes, we just want to give them a chance to settle in and make sure we dont see any stress from re-planting.

I typically train them first, then look at what needs to go. We probably need to get rid of a good percentage of the interior growth and any fan leaves that are more than a a couple weeks old.

I bet there's even a few spots we can start cloning. I know its bast to wait a little longer but we need to get a head start on the process so we have it dialed in.

A couple days later, after a watering cycle with no apparent stress whatsoever, we staked and taped them down and defoliated most of the older fan leaves along with anything which clearly will never make it to the screen.

Here's some pics showing the result of our work. Looking for 12/12 around St Patty's day.

DSCF32331.JPG
DSCF32321.JPG
DSCF32312.JPG
DSCF32301.JPG
DSCF32291.JPG
DSCF32281.JPG
DSCF3227.JPG

Hi Everyone,
All's well over here. We just did another trimming yesterday and introduced the first feeding since transplanting to 5 gallons. We used the bloom fertilizer for the first time as we just went to 12/12 a couple days ago. The last week has shown explosive growth and the first signs of flower formation.

The only real question we have is about the scrog. At this point we've agreed to go without it and continue the training as we've been doing so far. Basically, we've both seen scrogs done on a 100 forums but it seems like we missed the boat or the plants are too compact or something. We tried to lay some screen out over a few and train them but nothing seemed to really make sense. Its hard to conceptualize. Either way, I'm sure the plants will grow fat buds regardless. We'll just have to figure out another way to support them.

Back
Top Bottom