First Grow - Northern Lights Auto - Advice Welcome

Ogvgpg

So as the title says I'm a first time grower.
I purchased crop king northern lights auto flower.
i plan to experiment a little with the 5 seeds I have .

Currently I have one germinated and set in a 4 gallon pot with miracle grow potting mix and I'm using lights I had in my garage 6500k t8 fluorescents.
My room is currently at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

What do you guys think?
am I going about this the wrong way?
Are these lights ok?

ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED !

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm very excited to join you guys and get your help along the way !

Hey Ogvgpg, I had used t5 lights during the start of my very first grow. I don't think there's a huge difference between the t5s vs t8s. My plants did well for the first few weeks.
The miracle grow soil I've never tried. I see a lot of people saying to stay away from it because of the way the nutes are released. Maybe someone who has had person experience with the soil will chime in.
Do you have any pictures of your set up?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to :420: I dont know much about those lights but 6500k is for veg. You probably gonna need different lights for flowering.

I don't know this soil. Do you use any fans for ventilation ? I'm not very experienced but i might be able to help with some things.

pics of your set up and plants would be very helpful for anyone that might want to advise you or answer your questions.

:welcome::passitleft:

I'm on my first time grow (serious grow)

I did a micro grow in a small cabinet once and used miracle grow. Now like Sinful said he sees a lot of people saying avoid it however after doing some research from last time I learn it's a good idea to use if you're not planning on self dosing neuts to the plants. I'm from England and didn't really use any neuts on my first grow, I'm on my 2nd grow now but this one is a serious grow! So I'm using untreated soil with perlite and managing the NPK levels myself. Overall the soil you're using is good if you're planning on just watering once they're planted. My miracle grow soil maintained PH levels perfectly throughout so that's a positive. Hope I helped a little.

Keep Toking
~J

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay guys i don't know how to post a photo just yet
BUT my baby finally pushed through the soil today and i replaced the 6500k bulbs with a full spectrum grow light set 32wx2

THANK YOU VERY MUCH
here goes day 1-3
IMG_136231.JPG
IMG_136930.JPG
IMG_138728.JPG
IMG_138828.JPG
IMG_139525.JPG
IMG_139733.JPG
IMG_139825.JPG
IMG_140024.JPG

So as the title says I'm a first time grower.
I purchased crop king northern lights auto flower.
i plan to experiment a little with the 5 seeds I have .

Currently I have one germinated and set in a 4 gallon pot with miracle grow potting mix and I'm using lights I had in my garage 6500k t8 fluorescents.
My room is currently at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

What do you guys think?
am I going about this the wrong way?
Are these lights ok?

ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED !

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm very excited to join you guys and get your help along the way !

Welcome to 420!

Miracle Grow is okay for starting grow. The 2 main objections to it that I've seen are
a) the nutrients included are for general garden plants and not appropriate for growing cannabis to maturity. At some point you will need to add nutrients and the existing nutrients in soil will make dosing more complicated.
b) MG is owned by Monsanto, which many here including me regard as somewhere between grossly unethical and downright evil in their business practices. Not passing judgment on you. Just thought you should be aware of issues some have with company.
c) the nutrients in MG may be harmful to you in the final product.
For your first plant it's okay, but you can do much better as you learn more about soil and growing here. Since you are planning to experiment the MG soil could be part of experiment, but I would encourage you to try other soils recommended by growers on this site.

T8 lights are fine for early veg growth, but they are not as bright as T5s. T8 are HO (high output, 2x wattage of standard florescent tubes). T5 are VHO (3x standard flourescent). Plants will grow in veg, but more slowly. Other problem with florescent tubes in general is that light is spread over large area so not very strong light focused on plant. LEDs put out more light focused more intensely on plants, as do other types of fixtures. 6500k spectrum is good for veg growth, as are full spectrum. For flowering you will want to use 2700-3000k spectrum or switch to another type of lighting. You've got plenty of time before you need to deal with any of this though.

You're off to good start. Look forward to seeing rest of grow.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom