First time growing!

Ogvgpg

So as the title says I'm a first time grower.
I purchased crop king northern lights auto flower.
i plan to experiment a little with the 5 seeds I have .
Currently I have one germinated and set in miracle grow potting mix and I'm using lights I had in my garage 6500k t8 fluorescents.
My room is currently at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

What do you guys think am I going about this the wrong way?
Are these lights ok?

ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED !

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm very excited to join you guys and get your help along the way !

So as the title says I'm a first time grower.
I purchased crop king northern lights auto flower.
i plan to experiment a little with the 5 seeds I have .
Currently I have one germinated and set in miracle grow potting mix and I'm using lights I had in my garage 6500k t8 fluorescents.
My room is currently at 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

what do you guys think am I going about this the wrong way?
Are these lights ok?

ALL OPINIONS ARE APPRECIATED !

Thanks a lot in advance and I'm very excited to join you guys and get your help along the way !

Hi OGV, Welcome.

I use T-8 with a few CFLs thrown in for all my veg. I switch to LED for flower. T-8 will work well but you will need a lot of it for flower. I place mine as close as I can get them to the plants, usually 1-2". Crop King Northern Lights is a good strain, I grew one from their variety pack. I would suggest that you change 1 out of every 4 of your 6500K to a 2700K..just to round out your spectrum a bit. When you come to flower, which will probably be somewhere between 4 and 6 weeks, you will want to reverse the ratio...1 6500K for each 3 2700K. This will give you more red for flower. Your temp could be a bit higher, and don't set them directly on the floor. If you could keep it at about 75 at the level of your pots, and around 80-85 at the level of your canopy, that would be ideal. It WILL grow in 70 degrees, though, so don't go to any great trouble to bring the temp up.
Miracle grow ORGANIC is good soil, but the regular potting mix has time release nutes in it. This can start to be a problem when you need to add nutes. There is no real way to tell how much is left. In this potting mix, you should not need to add any nutes for 4 or 5 weeks, depending on how big they get. You may want to start a journal, as MsSinful suggests. Best of luck

Hey Og..I'm on my 3rd Crop King grow and I've had awesome results so far! I'm currently growing the northern lights autos as well but in coco and they're doing awesome. I'm using a Mars hydro reflector 96x5 led and they seem to love it, these plants are only 17 days old and they seem to be quite a bit bigger than my other cks plants were at this stage, hope you have the same luck with yours!
420-magazine-mobile2080691416.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom