Recovery Time?

klvrgrow11

420 Member
Whats up guys, this is my first post here so noob alert!! Im looking to get an experienced opinion on my current situation. Im a bit stressed out after opening my tent today and seeing my one of my plants ''drooping'' due to underwatering. I was told that I was watering too frequently, and that it could potentially lead to other problems especially since I'm in early seedling stage(day 23). The info given to me led me to slowing down how i watered drastically. About 16+ hrs go by without watering and at about 9:15pm on July 31st I discovered what was once a nice healthy seedling, to what is displayed in the picture. I immediately watered the solo cup till drain.. I later turned my led light off to stick to my 18-6 cycle and eventually turned the led back on at 3:00 am AUG 1st. I'm Trying to get an idea on how severe this looks based on my picture and what is the approximate recovery time? Also please share any must do's and dont's for a first time grower like myself. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• DROOP SEEDLING.jpg
    DROOP SEEDLING.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 45
Sorry forgot to mention. Yes it is soil, and my LED is about about 24 inches away from the solo cup. I can provide a pic of my setup if that helps out!

I originally had a stretching problem in the first two weeks so i brought the led closer which resolved that issue. Now i'm faced with this drooping issue. Promise it happened all of a sudden after NOT watering for about 15 or so hours.

Id slow down on watering majority. If you look in my signature under my post you'll see a link for proper watering. You re get everything you need to know. But if it were me I'd water every other day for now. Cannabis needs a too wet AND dry period. But check the link out as it can be tons of help.

Let it dry out, lift the cup and feel the dry weight, water in smaller amounts too not a big dump all at once, then let it reach a dry weight again before watering, this way you don't drown the lowest roots by keeping it saturated.
Read @Emilya thread on watering a potted plant in soil as HPH mentioned above, it's a great read. Some of your answers are in there about dropping and or yellowed leaves due to overwatering.

My seedlings are only slightly larger than yours.. only gave 225mL water, which was too much! I didn't need to (and didn't) water again for 6 full days. Problems showing on your leaves will often be from something started a while back.. not necessarily something you just did.

So.. water less often, and read Emilya's article given to you :) Should help lots!

Ps. Welcome!! And good luck!

Ok i'll def be checking that link out.. but i can guarantee ya'll this limping/droop is due to UNDERwatering,.. it only makes sense because as soon as i went for a long period of time without watering, this is the result i get. It was easily over 24 hours or so without water. Prior to this drooping problem, ive been watering with a spray bottle just spritzing the top soil and bottom of soil cup where drain holes are. After doing a bit of research it's seems to be showing the same thing > Underwatering Cannabis Plants Symptoms & Solutions

* my main thing is trying to learn a sweet spot as far as wet/dry cycle go. Once i noticed the limping, i water till light drain at bottom of solo cup. That was my first time watering till drain, every other day i have simply spirtzed with spray bottle. Im only in day 23 guys! Everything was fine and dandy the day before yesterday :/

I was told that it's best to underwater then overwater.. and the day i decide to slow up on feeding this is the result i get.

Id also think about moving it from the solo cup to let her legs stretch out a bit. If you have a scale weigh how much after a watering and reweigh every few hours. That can give an idea how much she's drinking and when. Are you feeding yet?

i'ts just weird that this happens after me drastically slowing down the way i was watering.. Everyone (not just the people on this forum) are telling me it's due OVERwatering and that i should stop feeding for a day or try the LIFT test thing before watering .. TBH my judgement is rather poor when it comes to that lift test. I prefer to feel the medium and see if its dry. Anyways, i believe people are saying i'm OVERwater since that's the usual mistake for first time growers. IDKKK GUYSS this shit is stressful and i'm no where near developed lol

Also I didn't know this when I started.. you may already, but the term overwatered refers to watering too often, not too high a volume at once.

These are my seedlings from a few days back. Was watering every 3 to 4 days.

Screenshot_2019-08-02-05-00-44.png

Also... Over a span of about 2 days they started going to crap!! Realized they needed to be up-potted. So keep that in mind before too long as well :)

Edit: looks like HugePeckerhead just mentioned the up pot before me too hah :thumb:

IM NOT FEEDING ANY NUTES YET BTW. Was told to hold off on nutes until late veg/early flower. Any take on that? and what nutes would you highly recommend? Sorry dont mean to stray away from the question at hand! :)

IM NOT FEEDING ANY NUTES YET BTW. Was told to hold off on nutes until late veg/early flower. Any take on that? and what nutes would you highly recommend? Sorry dont mean to stray away from the question at hand! :)
You can start feeding nutes right now. Start off at like half or even quarter recommend dose and go from there. I personally use the Fox Farm Trio of grow big big bloom and tiger bloom. Every grower has their preferences.

Ok I see. When should i plan on transplanting? Don't want the roots to cramp up inside this solo for too long ..but then again I don't know how large the plant should be before transplanting, I've gotten mixed info on how big i should allow it to grow before the transplant. What would you say is the general rule of thumb for that?? I have this pot here but not sure if its a 1 gal or 3 gal..

Attachments

• IMG_5141.jpg
    IMG_5141.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5142.jpg
    IMG_5142.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 32
Ok I see. When should i plan on transplanting? Don't want the roots to cramp up inside this solo for too long ..but then again I don't know how large the plant should be before transplanting, I've gotten mixed info on how big i should allow it to grow before the transplant. What would you say is the general rule of thumb for that?? I have this pot here but not sure if its a 1 gal or 3 gal..
Looks like one gallon. If you use it make sure you as holes to allow proper drainage. Im fairly new myself but I go solo cup from germ to about 2 weeks to.one gallon then to final 5 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom