Why is my seedling turning yellow please help! FIRST TIME GROWER

Weedy4204life

My seedling is 8days old. the soil i use has added fertizlizer npk 12-12-17 i'm using 2x 40watts cfl's and i havent used any fertilizers till now, but my seedlings are turning yellow i water once a day and im pretty sure i dont over water them, its my first time growing please help.

I'm a first grower. But I would say nute burn. Seedlings have they're own food in the cotelydon when they first germinate they should be good for awhile before they need any nutes

What's up weedy the yellowing may be from the fertilizer in the soil, seedlings really don't need any nutes just a little bit of water and oxygen for the roots, so it's good to let the soil dry out a little bit too.

So right now i just dont water until the soil is crust dry? Ill even check my putting my fingers inside the pott if thats the case, and when do you think i should start giving my plant nutrients?

How much you water the plant can depend on different variables but weasel posted a couple links that should help. Its hard to say when or how much nutes to give your plant since your using miracle grow, it has time release nutrients so it's hard so say what nutes it's taking up, I read that miracle grow works fine while in veg but alot of people start to see deficiencies during flowering, although plenty of people have completed grows while using miracle grow.

How much you water the plant can depend on different variables but weasel posted a couple links that should help. Its hard to say when or how much nutes to give your plant since your using miracle grow, it has time release nutrients so it's hard so say what nutes it's taking up, I read that miracle grow works fine while in veg but alot of people start to see deficiencies during flowering, although plenty of people have completed grows while using miracle grow.

Thing is heavy chevy i dont use miracle grow i used best greens which is npk 12 12 17 and its potting soil and im scared the nutriants in the soil is whats making it turn yellow and burn

Yes that soil is very hot for seedlings, probably why they are yellow. Seeds don't need nutes for awhile, my most recent seeds (3 of them) went over a month before their first feeding. It's either overfeeding or a ph imbalance, ph should be 6.5-6.8 for soil and 5.6-6.2 for hydro/soilless.

My bad man I just assumed it was miracle grow, I tried looking up best greens potting soil with no luck but I'm assuming (there I go again) it's similar to miracle grow. The soil is most likely to blame for the yellowing but I can't be 100% without knowing all the other variables of your grow.

This thread here will tell you what info you need to provide to get the best feedback. There's also two more links at the top of that thread you should check out too, one is how to upload and resize photos and the other is how to grow-everything you need to know
How to Ask for Grow Support

Back
Top Bottom