First time grow, help please

I’m so paranoid about effing this up that I think I’m being too attentive lol.

Do you plant outdoors?
there is definitely such thig as over loving your plants we have all been guilty of it lol.
Na im indoors. My journals are all below if you are interested :D

there is definitely such thig as over loving your plants we have all been guilty of it lol.
Na im indoors. My journals are all below if you are interested :D

I’ve just had a look through journals, someone else mentioned that I should start one myself. I have done that, hopefully I’m using the feature correctly lol.

There’s so much information about what can go wrong, it’s extremely worrying!

I use the deli quart containers...they're free and reusable! They have a smooth and the root ball slides out with a little tap on the bottom....I fill my larger pot with soil with an (empty) quart container in the middle, slide out the empty, slide in the root ball...easy.

great idea about the quart containers i work in a restairant.
the solo cups i run scissors and cut i usually can pick up the entire root ball out of them, i havent had much success with holes in the bottom of the solo cup, have broken a few taproots as they get caught in the hole somehow

A lot of problems are caused by overthinking, and overdoing.

Yes, some of us literally :love:love:love: our plants to death. o_O

I’ve just had a look through journals, someone else mentioned that I should start one myself. I have done that, hopefully I’m using the feature correctly lol.

stay away from growweedeasy.com lots of really bad info on that site.
fear mongering and really bad information regarding how to get good yields on there, i got caught up on that site when i started and am finding out most of the crap nebula haze writes about is complete garbage

fear mongering and really bad information regarding how to get good yields on there, i got caught up on that site when i started and am finding out most of the crap nebula haze writes about is complete garbage

The only thing I use from that site is NugBucket's Mainline/Manifold method of training.

I’m only using this forum and the advice of a friend overseas that has first hand experience with growing.

Update: it appears that the transplants have gone well. All plants look good on my return home from work and have grown well today

These must be photo period seeds you're growing ? Not Auto's ? If they are Auto's they aren't suppose to be transplanted. Were all the seeds the same strain ? Were they Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds ? I ask because if they are Regular Seeds & all the same strain there's a possibility of the 2 taller plants being Males. Males tend to grow taller so they can drop their pollen down on the Females. If they turn out to be males you'll want to remove them from your tent as soon as you confirm that. It's too early to confirm this but it's something to keep an eye on once you switch over to 12/12 flower light schedule.
I'm currently trying the potting method I use for Auto's on a Photo-Period plant to see how it works out. I use a 3 gallon plastic pot filled 50/50 with Bio-Biz & Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. In the Center of my 3 Gallon Pot I put about a 3/4 length piece of empty toilet paper roll filled with straight Bio Biz. As soon as my seeds show a tap root from germinating in a baggie I plant it in the center T.P. roll & just water for the next 4 weeks. No nutes at all because the FFOF has enough nutes in it to get by that long. At week 5 I start using nutes at 1/2 strength & increase the strength gradually each time I feed. This method works well for me on Auto's so I thought I'd try it with a Photo since I have a bunch of seeds.

These must be photo period seeds you're growing ? Not Auto's ? If they are Auto's they aren't suppose to be transplanted. Were all the seeds the same strain ? Were they Feminized Seeds or Regular Seeds ? I ask because if they are Regular Seeds & all the same strain there's a possibility of the 2 taller plants being Males. Males tend to grow taller so they can drop their pollen down on the Females. If they turn out to be males you'll want to remove them from your tent as soon as you confirm that. It's too early to confirm this but it's something to keep an eye on once you switch over to 12/12 flower light schedule.
I'm currently trying the potting method I use for Auto's on a Photo-Period plant to see how it works out. I use a 3 gallon plastic pot filled 50/50 with Bio-Biz & Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. In the Center of my 3 Gallon Pot I put about a 3/4 length piece of empty toilet paper roll filled with straight Bio Biz. As soon as my seeds show a tap root from germinating in a baggie I plant it in the center T.P. roll & just water for the next 4 weeks. No nutes at all because the FFOF has enough nutes in it to get by that long. At week 5 I start using nutes at 1/2 strength & increase the strength gradually each time I feed. This method works well for me on Auto's so I thought I'd try it with a Photo since I have a bunch of seeds.

They were all feminised White Widow seeds. Everything seems to be going well so far, here is the most recent picture of them:
2BB76C52-A3FB-44C6-8FBD-A06C9C72EFD4.jpeg

I am eventually going to replant these outside when the weather improves.

they appear to be doing well. should get some nice size plants outdoors. looking forward to future pics. I tried growing WW 3 times & they never made it. got an inch tall & died. all the other strains I planted at the same time were just fine. I think it was the breeders seeds (Pyramid Seeds). I'm going back to Photo's as the Auto's don't seem as potent to me.

Since you'll be growing outside you should Top them pretty often & get several branches. More branches = more nodes = more weed. When you see it start to Flower strip all the leaves off below the 4th Node from the top. This will give you big ass buds on top & eliminate the little popcorn buds on the bottom. If you top & defoliate you should get a pretty big harvest. I know people have pulled a pound off 1 plant grown outdoors & others only got a few ounces. I'd be happy as could be if I could get 6 oz. off 1 plant. Best I've done is 4.5 oz. & I let that one veg 10 weeks, topped & LST . Some kick ass shit though that I have to grow again...Fire OG !!! I grow in a tent though & not outdoors. I also use LED & COB lighting & not the Sun. So you have the advantages to grow big. I have a few favorites so far : Fire OG / Girl Scout Cookies / Meadow Breath / Incredible Bulk. I keep trying different strains so I can find 8 - 10 I really like & just grow & clone them. I've found at least 20 strains I wont waste my money on again. They just weren't potent enough to make the grade.
Well, Good Luck with your grow & I'm looking forward to some nice fat bud pics in the future.

Nothing wrong with transplanting autos mate. Can do anything to an auto that you can do to a photo. Even seen one guy get about 8oz from mainlining one.
Can transplant them, top them, defol all the way through veg, tie them down, supercrop, punch the shit out of them, do whatever you want. Just gotta know how to push them hard so they don't buckle.

Since you'll be growing outside you should Top them pretty often & get several branches. More branches = more nodes = more weed. When you see it start to Flower strip all the leaves off below the 4th Node from the top. This will give you big ass buds on top & eliminate the little popcorn buds on the bottom. If you top & defoliate you should get a pretty big harvest. I know people have pulled a pound off 1 plant grown outdoors & others only got a few ounces. I'd be happy as could be if I could get 6 oz. off 1 plant. Best I've done is 4.5 oz. & I let that one veg 10 weeks, topped & LST . Some kick ass shit though that I have to grow again...Fire OG !!! I grow in a tent though & not outdoors. I also use LED & COB lighting & not the Sun. So you have the advantages to grow big. I have a few favorites so far : Fire OG / Girl Scout Cookies / Meadow Breath / Incredible Bulk. I keep trying different strains so I can find 8 - 10 I really like & just grow & clone them. I've found at least 20 strains I wont waste my money on again. They just weren't potent enough to make the grade.
Well, Good Luck with your grow & I'm looking forward to some nice fat bud pics in the future.

When you say topping, I’m assuming that you mean pruning the plant?

I’ve read that a novice shouldn’t attempt that as you can kill the plant quite easily?

I’ve read that a novice shouldn’t attempt that as you can kill the plant quite easily?
Nah mate once they're rooted up they're pretty indestructible. If you leave a few leaves on after you harvest they even grow back. Thats called monster cropping. Can get the similar results as topping by just tying the branches down so they grow horizontally if you don't fancy it though.

Ive got 4 plants in just now and I’ve topped two of them (first time grow) and they are looking fine.
I was a bit worried I’d made an arse of it at first but they’re doing great.
They’re kinda growing sideways now,the other two (untopped) ones are slightly taller.
Maybe you should just top one of them if you’re not confident,but I’m sure it’ll be fine.
You sound a lot like me<I can’t take my eyes off them.
I’ll need a good smoke when they’re ready from all this stress.
HaHa.
Good luck with everything,I’m on week 4 of veg so it’s still early doors here too.

Nothing wrong with transplanting autos mate. Can do anything to an auto that you can do to a photo. Even seen one guy get about 8oz from mainlining one.
Can transplant them, top them, defol all the way through veg, tie them down, supercrop, punch the shit out of them, do whatever you want. Just gotta know how to push them hard so they don't buckle.
You are the 1st person who has ever said you could transplant an Auto. Everyone else has told me you're not suppose to.
I guess I'll have to test it out for myself next grow. I like to try different things anyways.

You are the 1st person who has ever said you could transplant an Auto. Everyone else has told me you're not suppose to.
I guess I'll have to test it out for myself next grow. I like to try different things anyways.
I do both with autos...straight into final pot and transplant...I do if based on my available space and mood at the moment...the only thing I've noticed that actually stresses autos are extreme temps (high and low). Otherwise, you can beat them up plenty.

Back
Top Bottom