A Couple Questions About My Leaves

Nkwow

This grow is my first ever grow and I have a couple questions. Here is a brief description of the grow. Indoors in Organilock Hemp Blend soil in 5g smart pots. No extra nutes atm because the ladies got some little minor signs of nute burn after I fed nutes the first time about 2 weeks ago. All autos and they are now day 41 from seed, day 24 of flower for the CBD Lemon Potion and day 19-20 of flower on the GG and NYC D. I noticed this on spot on only one leaf of the NYC D. I am going to pick up some cal-mag tomorrow but wanted to make sure that was what it needed. my main question is about the CBD Lemon Potion and how it is producing so many leaves. I defoiled all of the ladies about 10 days into flower because I thought it would help with light penetration and I think it has worked but this crazy plant is growing so many leaves that I am thinking it needs more defoil? I just want to make it to the end of flower and harvest some meds out of this grow. I know I failed horribly at training these plants and I have learned from all the mistakes I have made this far. Just looking for guidance to get me thru this grow. If you have an questions please let me know, all of the info is in my journal but I'm not here to plug my journal lol so if you have a question just ask please. It mixed up the picture order so the top image is the main cola on the CBD LP then the bad leaf on the NYC D, then a full view of her. The next picture is top view of the CBD LP then it's entire view and final image is the GG.
20191017_193442.jpg
20191017_191846.jpg
20191017_191738.jpg
20191017_192431.jpg
20191017_192411.jpg
20191017_192125.jpg

Do not worry too much about the leaves rwgrowing mate. it is normal and often has me thinking "why take em off in the 1st place?" lol Some strains have a high leaf to bud ratio but each leaf is a powerhouse of goodness for the buds that will come. if you remove too many , you will overstress her too. Try tucking them away amd only remove big ones(fan leaves) that are blocking light from getting below to buds. The buds and receiving direct light is a little bit misguiding as those small leaves that sit within the buds( sugar leaves) only offer a little energy compared to the multi use fan leaves . All the good stuff your lady needs is in the green( chlorophyll) and only comes from there. The roots feed the leaves which feed the buds when they need it. On the deficiency, as suggested by bluenoser , keep a watch but dont worry. All in all looks good to me mate .

Thank you guys for easing my mind. I can certainly see where it would be easy, especially for a new grower such as myself, to cause problems for my plants. I feel similar to the way I felt as a kid waiting for Christmas morning. The anticipation level is so high that I am constantly thinking about what I should be doing for the plants instead of trying to pay attention and only give them what they are asking for. Thanks again!

:goodjob:
I will also chime in and say that your plant looks great! The little bit of tip burn just shows you that the nutes were a bit much, but no crisis there, and that necrotic area on the lower fans is definitely the first showing of a magnesium deficiency. This will only continue unless it is addressed, and I would strongly suggest starting a maintenance dosage of calmag to keep it from spreading.
Other than that, you are doing a great job, and that good strong lift of the leaves tells me that you are watering correctly and not too often.

Thank you guys for easing my mind. I can certainly see where it would be easy, especially for a new grower such as myself, to cause problems for my plants. I feel similar to the way I felt as a kid waiting for Christmas morning. The anticipation level is so high that I am constantly thinking about what I should be doing for the plants instead of trying to pay attention and only give them what they are asking for. Thanks again!
Welcome to the club of over worrying growers matey.lol.
dont ever worry about being over cautious , we learn a great deal with each new grow. Most if us here love seeing the great grows people share. If you start a journal ( really easy if you use the link below for helpful links for new members.) We can then walk every step along the way and more eyes is always better.

:goodjob:
I will also chime in and say that your plant looks great! The little bit of tip burn just shows you that the nutes were a bit much, but no crisis there, and that necrotic area on the lower fans is definitely the first showing of a magnesium deficiency. This will only continue unless it is addressed, and I would strongly suggest starting a maintenance dosage of calmag to keep it from spreading.
Other than that, you are doing a great job, and that good strong lift of the leaves tells me that you are watering correctly and not too often.
Thank you for your insight and recommendation to go with the calmag. I was going to pick some up today but being a newbie it is always easier to make a change if directed by someone that knows. The crazy thing about my watering is that I am not following the traditional method of watering and then letting the plants dry out all the way. The lady with Organilock that I have been working with says that with their soil they recommend you keep the soil moist at all times because it you let it go dry it is almost impossible to get the soil to absorb any water. When I watered the soil for the first time it was almost like the soil had been treated with a waterproofing agent of some kind lol. I assume I have been able to get away with this only because of the cloth smart pots??

Welcome to the club of over worrying growers matey.lol.
dont ever worry about being over cautious , we learn a great deal with each new grow. Most if us here love seeing the great grows people share. If you start a journal ( really easy if you use the link below for helpful links for new members.) We can then walk every step along the way and more eyes is always better.
Thanks again. I did make a grow journal for this grow and it is linked in my signature. It was a little discouraging at first because I have not had a whole lot of activity in my journal but I realize that I am new to the community and people can only keep up with so many journals at once. I also realize that I would probably get more interaction in my journal if I posted more on other people's but being new to the whole cultivation process the last thing I want to do is give others bad advice due to my inexperience. I will continue to update the journal though if nothing else for myself to look back on and once this grow is done and I make adjustments from what I have learned I plan to start a perpetual grow journal. I want to produce a nice even canopy in all of my next grows and really work at mastering all of the training methods along with topping and fimming also. I also think I will upgrade to growing in tents moving forward to better make use of my lights as I know I am losing a ton of light by growing openly in such a large space and also that way I only have to control the environment of my actual grow space and not the entire closet under the stairs lol. I am running about 5 gallons of water a day to keep humidity between 50%-60% in the large space.

Thank you for your insight and recommendation to go with the calmag. I was going to pick some up today but being a newbie it is always easier to make a change if directed by someone that knows. The crazy thing about my watering is that I am not following the traditional method of watering and then letting the plants dry out all the way. The lady with Organilock that I have been working with says that with their soil they recommend you keep the soil moist at all times because it you let it go dry it is almost impossible to get the soil to absorb any water. When I watered the soil for the first time it was almost like the soil had been treated with a waterproofing agent of some kind lol. I assume I have been able to get away with this only because of the cloth smart pots??

Thanks again. I did make a grow journal for this grow and it is linked in my signature. It was a little discouraging at first because I have not had a whole lot of activity in my journal but I realize that I am new to the community and people can only keep up with so many journals at once. I also realize that I would probably get more interaction in my journal if I posted more on other people's but being new to the whole cultivation process the last thing I want to do is give others bad advice due to my inexperience. I will continue to update the journal though if nothing else for myself to look back on and once this grow is done and I make adjustments from what I have learned I plan to start a perpetual grow journal. I want to produce a nice even canopy in all of my next grows and really work at mastering all of the training methods along with topping and fimming also. I also think I will upgrade to growing in tents moving forward to better make use of my lights as I know I am losing a ton of light by growing openly in such a large space and also that way I only have to control the environment of my actual grow space and not the entire closet under the stairs lol. I am running about 5 gallons of water a day to keep humidity between 50%-60% in the large space.
No worries mate. just seen the link will come over for a peruse. I hate being between grows and at a loose end. Waiting for some landlord repairs before i can get moving again.

Back
Top Bottom