A few changes to make this room bloom.

BreakingBud

So here I was looking to move last month, when a friend calls me and tells me about a house he knew of that was going to be available on the 1st of May, and it already had a room built up, electricity and all. Either they were going to tear everything out, or they could rent it to someone who wanted to use the room. It's is an established indoor soil setup, 10-12 foot high ceilings and about 16x12 ft (192 sq ft), the room is sealed and has awesome ventilation installed, and has never had mold problems. The temperature of the room is awesome, and the humidity isn't a problem at all.

The old occupant of the house was running 8 1000w HPS air-cooled hoods, and they did grow cycles with 80 plants. He would veg the plants for a month (in a separate, smaller room), then switch to 12/12 for two months. Doing this, they would only yield 1lb of flowers from each light (every 10 plants). The strain he was using is a smaller plant (at harvest the plants were roughly 2 ft tall), but experience tells me that the amount he was getting is absurdly low. Everyone else that I talk to thinks the same.

• After crawling this (and a few other) forums and talking to a few people who have 10+ years experience with this kinda thing, here are a few ideas that I think may maximize the output of this room while maintaining, if not increasing, the quality of the flowers.
  • Some sort of reflective paint on the walls inside the sealed room, maybe a mylar lining. (the walls are currently a matte color)
  • Angling the lights at 45 degrees on instead of hanging them directly overhead, while using multiple lower wattage lights (400-600w).
  • Including some cfls to fill out the spaces without light in the lower canopy.
  • Longer veg times to utilize the overhead space; less plants
  • Using fish emulsion? Guano? Anything else?

...and thats about all I can think of. Are any of those even good ideas? Does anybody have any suggestions about what I could do with this room?

Also, any suggestions on organic nutes would be welcome.

Panda film or just matt white paint are both better than mylar.
Id suggest with your nutes just choose a good one and work with it into your grow you'll find it easier as you understand the particular effects the nute and concentrations are having rather than switching from this to that chasing your tail.
other than that i suggest filling that big space with big buds :yummy: Grow Hard.

Back
Top Bottom