A few good scales?

Re: A few good scales...?

Scale prices have dropped. if you want something that measures to tenths, you can get them cheap $10ish.

Down to the hundreths will be more expensive, $40ish

you get what you pay for ... so it depends on what you need.
some people use their scales many times/day ...
others, eh, not so much

check the sponsors pages too

Thanks ChicagoJoe. Are there any names that are good, and any that should be avoided? I would like one that would be pretty accurate, and big enough to weight out my harvest without breaking it up into a hundred small pieces. Thanks!

Thanks ChicagoJoe. Are there any names that are good, and any that should be avoided? I would like one that would be pretty accurate, and big enough to weight out my harvest without breaking it up into a hundred small pieces. Thanks!

Any scale you buy will be accurate. they usually come with a standard weight to test the unit. Better ones can be calibrated.

My buddy has been using the same scale for almost 20 years now.
The cheapo modal I had lasted 8 years before I sat on it and broke it.

Does anyone know of a good scale? What should I be looking for in one? Is any cheapo no name scale ok?

a scale is a scale it's sole purpose is to weigh, so as long as it is accurate i think any brand is kool, now with the food stuff on tv big time now, and the baking shows you can get a good scale at almost any department store like wally-mart- or sears, they carry them with the kitchen stuff, i bought mine at target for 32 bucks it weighs up to 6 pounds at once and it weighs in grams or ounces. and just a tip for those who don't know, to check your scale's accuracy you can put a nickel on it and it should weigh 5 grams just m2c
l8ter rnwy29erclr

I use a myweigh 550 for small amounts... up to an oz, semi cheap / reliable. You can weigh alot more than an oz, IF you can fit it on the scale.. it is a little bit larger than a cell phone.

For mass quantities NOTHING beats my tried and true tri-beam.. (IMO)

=)

:peace:
WillyB

Whatever scales you use, make sure they can measure Tare.
It's really handy having the scale measure just the contents and not the container.

Back
Top Bottom