A first timer needs help

airkix72

These forums were so helpful last time I was here I came back for more. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I have 5 females growing and one of them looks vastly different than the other ones, I also would like some input on one that looks interesting so far.

420-3.jpg

Most of the garden looks like this, looks like it should, these gals aren't a problem.

420-1.jpg

This is the plant in question, during vegetative it was normal in appearance. During proflowering, the plant developed pistils and still looked normal.
Now during flowering it just started developing all these flowers, I am wonder what it is, is it normal, does it mean something, etc.

420-2.jpg

Finally this little lady looks like she might turn out yummy, but looks can be deceiving, so any input on this plant is welcome too.

Thanks again for everyones help.

the second one is a male and man from the looks of it he busted a fat nut all over everything.

those branches with the balls on them are pretty big, you should've killed it a long time ago.

all i can say is i hope you like seeds.

Okay I took it out of the garden but it already did it's damage....
but the part that puzzles me is when I took it outside to the fire pit I looked really close at it and it had baby seeds inside at the branches, I should have snapped a picture but too late now.

It never really developed clusters of pods like 2 males I killed originally that's why I had no idea.

After I let the rest of it finish, I'm bleaching the crap out of the closet and starting a grow journal so this doesn't happen :\

DaMagoMan said:
Was it a known strain or bagseed?

Random seeds I've just set aside when breaking up. The reason for random seeds was basically just a proof on concept, learning so when I do get some really good seeds, I'll have at least some experience, basically what I'm doing now by asking this question ;)

Is the condition of hermaphrodite common? and did I cause it or is it a natural thing? My growing methods are basically a combination of grow guides I've found on the internet, so my method of growing was pretty much standardized.

Seeds suck but the experience is worth it's weight in gold, or a couple ounces of sinsemilla white widow because I didn't screw up due to the fact I'm a newbie on my next grow attempt.

Thanks for the prompt replies everyone.

yeah males usually take longer to show than females, which is why you didn't see anything till you started flowering. it sucks but hey its a learning experience.

i'm not sure why there are seeds in the male plant.

johndough210 said:
yeah males usually take longer to show than females, which is why you didn't see anything till you started flowering. it sucks but hey its a learning experience.

i'm not sure why there are seeds in the male plant.

this is not exactly true, many grows females showed up too 2 weeks later than males.

DankCloset said:
this is not exactly true, many grows females showed up too 2 weeks later than males.

really? i'll take your word for it being one of the OGs round here lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Males express sex first...buds take longer to form.
I've had males grow balls as soon as 2 days after swtiching to 12/12. I've been growing pot for 40 years and never had a male take longer than 2 weeks to express; the girls start forming buds during week 3.
I have however had a plant that started growing balls after buds had started forming on the same plant, due to stress it herm'ed.

DON'T use seeds from a self-pollinated (herm) plant. While the plants will be mostly girls, they'll ALWAYS carry the herm. gene.
My friend calls seeds from a herm. poison pills.
They do however make good bird food.

rangerdanger said:
Males express sex first...buds take longer to form.
I've had males grow balls as soon as 2 days after swtiching to 12/12. I've been growing pot for 40 years and never had a male take longer than 2 weeks to express; the girls start forming buds during week 3.
I have however had a plant that started growing balls after buds had started forming on the same plant, due to stress it herm'ed.

DON'T use seeds from a self-pollinated (herm) plant. While the plants will be mostly girls, they'll ALWAYS carry the herm. gene.
My friend calls seeds from a herm. poison pills.
They do however make good bird food.

Just for the head ...
well, maybe market too ... (smrk)

But never for a seed crop.

Back
Top Bottom