A quest

I wouldn't worry about the leaf fingers not spreading out. Mostly just fat fingers.
I'm not sure what you meant by flowering one branch. If you mean reversing one branch to seed the others that will work and should give you female seeds. This will be hard to do while you are trying to selectively pollenate. That whole plant is going to go to seed except for the branch you reversed to put out pollen. This plant material is still smoke able but better used for concentrates. The female seeds you receive should make this worth while.
You will need to separate that plant like you would a male so it will not pollenate the others in the room. I use a whole different tent in a different building for doing any seed crops. Then you can still harvest pollen for selective pollination.
Right now I am a reversing a female Tahoe OG so I have some female seeds to go with my regular seeds. While I should get female seeds from that Tahoe plant I plan to pollenate a branch from a different Tahoe to keep more genetic information in this strain. I also have 2 Hybrids in mind. Both Hybrids were chosen because they were already in the grow. 1 hybrid I will keep to myself the other should be interesting at the very least. Tahoe Og crosses that have been tried by a breeder friend. Show that not only does Tahoe carry tons of crystals it also produces some amazing smells. One ended up smelling just like shoe polish. May sound bad but it is the most amazing smelling strain I have grown or smoked to date.
With that in mind I plan to cross the Tahoe with one of the Chocolope females that I have. Lemon pledge x chocolate. The smells and flavors are so different that I should get a interesting outcome if nothing else. I'm wondering what sour chocolate would even smell or taste like LOL

I wouldn't worry about the leaf fingers not spreading out. Mostly just fat fingers.
I'm not sure what you meant by flowering one branch. If you mean reversing one branch to seed the others that will work and should give you female seeds. This will be hard to do while you are trying to selectively pollenate. That whole plant is going to go to seed except for the branch you reversed to put out pollen. This plant material is still smoke able but better used for concentrates. The female seeds you receive should make this worth while.
You will need to separate that plant like you would a male so it will not pollenate the others in the room. I use a whole different tent in a different building for doing any seed crops. Then you can still harvest pollen for selective pollination.
Right now I am a reversing a female Tahoe OG so I have some female seeds to go with my regular seeds. While I should get female seeds from that Tahoe plant I plan to pollenate a branch from a different Tahoe to keep more genetic information in this strain. I also have 2 Hybrids in mind. Both Hybrids were chosen because they were already in the grow. 1 hybrid I will keep to myself the other should be interesting at the very least. Tahoe Og crosses that have been tried by a breeder friend. Show that not only does Tahoe carry tons of crystals it also produces some amazing smells. One ended up smelling just like shoe polish. May sound bad but it is the most amazing smelling strain I have grown or smoked to date.
With that in mind I plan to cross the Tahoe with one of the Chocolope females that I have. Lemon pledge x chocolate. The smells and flavors are so different that I should get a interesting outcome if nothing else. I'm wondering what sour chocolate would even smell or taste like LOL
My plan is to go all mad science and build a small light deprivation chamber to place and remove daily to make the sprayed branch flower while the rest is still in veg im going to mist the entire rest of the plant three or four times a day and strip the sts sprayed branch down to just the tip and let that grow the few male flowers and right before flip cut the male off and move ut to open elsewhere in a bag then i can come back when the girls are ready and polinate... Thats the experiment anyways. Granted at any time that it becomes problematic i can abort, flip the whole plant and let them go to seed but the goal is a few hundred seeds not a few thousand but if i have to let it all go to seed ill be giving away lots of seeds on this site lol sharing the love so to speak

Mad scientist I like it.
Good idea with the abort plan lol. I just had a my damn Chocolope go hermie again. I almost aborted my plan to flip the Tahoe OG female. Then I could just save a male and make regular seeds. Calmer heads prevailed and I remembered that the loss of 1 female now is worth lots of females in the future. End harvest will be lower because of loosing the 2 chocolope and only a low female count on my Tahoe plants.
I should mention that the Chocolope I bought was not from DNA. I went with copies and like a fool. I bought 100 female of it without trying first. So much for copies being as good as the original. That is one problem with reversing females. Unless it is a regenerated plant or a clone. You never really know if you created the male pods or if they showed up because of hermie genetics. Live and Learn

Its been eight days since the last pics i topped three days ago and they are just starting to move again ill post pics when i get home

420-magazine-mobile1048718683.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1685270218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1709623346.jpg
i dimmed this one its the caramelicious i fimmed it because it was smaller and topped the grape ape that follows to slow her down a bit...
420-magazine-mobile1872190843.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1256746667.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1464195288.jpg

Thats the same twelve inch pot she was in excuse me nine days ago when i was worried she wasn't growing... Guess i was wrong lol

Ive been giving them half dises of big bloom by foxfarms for a week now i think ill hit them once at full next week then after a week hit them with real nutes at quarter strength

Oh it went well i shoulda followed up u dream eight outa ten cracked and three self topped after this little experiment im gonna run ten more and back cross the self toppers and see if it stabilizes more

The grape ape seems to have taken to topping like a champ and it doing quite well for topping and three days later her frst defol...
420-magazine-mobile398686986.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1475714855.jpg
420-magazine-mobile339971778.jpg

Back
Top Bottom