A question for someone who has experience with growing in a PC case

GrowForLife2

Hi,
My question is about the light that comes inside the grow box from the fans
In the flowering period, it's important that the plants will be in a total dark, right?
So how do you do that?
Maybe it's not necassery to do something about it?
Thanks

Yes it's generally necessary to stop all light leaks. Sometimes if a little bit of light is getting in but it's consistently the same every day, the plants 'might' accept it. I wouldn't mess around though, I would block the light. I've had hermies just from indicator lights on appliances and plug ins.
What 'light from your fans' do you mean?

Yes it's generally necessary to stop all light leaks. Sometimes if a little bit of light is getting in but it's consistently the same every day, the plants 'might' accept it. I wouldn't mess around though, I would block the light. I've had hermies just from indicator lights on appliances and plug ins.
What 'light from your fans' do you mean?

I mean to the light that comes inside the grow box through the fans
I just want to know what people generally do,
if they block this light
And if so, how do they block it?

Ok I see. Yes you can make a light baffle. Basically, make it so that the path the light travels through has a couple 90 degree bends in it, and is coloured black. Black absorbs light. For example, the passive intake to my veg room consists of a 4" black pipe which goes straight through the wall to the grow. Light came in and out of there so I just added a couple 90 degree fittings to it- elbows that is, and now it's completely dark. Another time all my venting was through a window. I built a plywood light baffle box, painted black inside. Google will explain that one better than I could.

Back
Top Bottom