A Question on PPM

OlderStoner

I want to fully understand this so please bear with me. Today I noticed the ppm in the run off water in my soil grow was 650. The plant is just gone into 12/12 a few days ago so that seems a little low. Now if I give it a nute mix that reads 1200 ppm will that mean it goes to 1850 or will it be the average of the two numbers?

Thanks for the reply. But once again, we have our quandary. The guy at the hydro shop, totally aware that I'm growing in soil recommended mixing the nutes to be 1200 ppm before pouring them into the pot. Another source said I could go as high as 1700 and yet another said no higher than 1400. It's a little confusing if you know what I mean. I gave this plant a shot of the 1200 ppm nute mix even though I only used 1/2 the doseage recommended for FF regime. The first readouts were OR on the pen so I began adding lots of plain water to dilute it down. The last reading I took on it was 1450. The plant seems ok for now so I'm going to let it stay at that. This plant is in flowering (12/12) for only four days now.

Back
Top Bottom