A topping Question

Now why would you want to do that? I can understand cutting a plant up to clone from but to cut one up for no reason confuses me. Topping promotes more bud sites because it redirects the growth auxins from the main cola to the side and lower branches. Topping not only causes extreme shock and stress to a plant, it slows growth while the plant recovers from the mauling it just got. It's also been known to throw a female into hermie mode. There is another way to get the same results without hurting and stressing the plant. Bending the cola over and tyeing it down horizontally will elicit the same exact response without the slower growth and stress and you still get the bud from the bent over top that you lose when you top.

Thanks race fan .. I was just wanting to do it with one of them that has gotten taller than the others.I was going to get a sampler and slow it down for the bottom branches to reach the top.Also make more bud sights ,, was my thoughts but if it wont work I am going to just let them grow

It will work but like I said it causes stress and the last thing a flowering plant needs is stress. You don't want a room full of pollen when the male bananas start popping which could happen.lol What's a sampler? How far into flower are you? The last bud I would be pulling on a flowering plant would be the main cola. It's the biggest with the most mass. I would bend the top over. It will do everything you want except give you a sampler. if you still need a sampler pull and flash dry a small popcorn bud from around the bottom.

ha ha that would be nice . Its fine for now as long as it slows down soon if not I may try supercroping I just think its to late in the game for that I would like to do that like 3 weeks from seed or so ..

Back
Top Bottom