About to put in jars

Johntn65

420 Member
Half the stems are snapping, leaving for weekend tomm, so will only be able to burp in morning and afternoon around 4:00 tomm!! So they will be left in jars all day Sat and Sunday when I get back around latest 4:00!! Will it be bad for them to sit in jars for 2 days without burping them or let them stay in tent which could over dry them!! Thanks for any advice!!

I have put the buds in a jar after the drying stage and left them there for 2 days without opening. But, it is not something I recommend in the first week or so. The buds might still be to moist and that might cause a problem. After the first week in the jar I do not worry if I will not be able to open and close the jar for a couple of days.

You will have to make your decision based on what you harvest looks and feels like.

But, you could think about putting the stems and buds into brown paper grocery bags and putting them in the refrigerator until you come back. That will slow down the drying process since they will not dry out as fast as they might in the tent. Then when you get back you can take the bags out of the fridge, let the buds come back up to room temperature, and at that point decide if they need to be dried some more or if they are ready for jarring.

But, you could think about putting the stems and buds into brown paper grocery bags and putting them in the refrigerator until you come back. That will slow down the drying process since they will not dry out as fast as they might in the tent. Then when you get back you can take the bags out of the fridge, let the buds come back up to room temperature, and at that point decide if they need to be dried some more or if they are ready for jarring.
That advice is GOLDEN

I have put the buds in a jar after the drying stage and left them there for 2 days without opening. But, it is not something I recommend in the first week or so. The buds might still be to moist and that might cause a problem. After the first week in the jar I do not worry if I will not be able to open and close the jar for a couple of days.

You will have to make your decision based on what you harvest looks and feels like.

Some guys just dry this way and I've done it and it worked out great then I cured in the jar ,,,,,,,, but I wouldn't leave them for 2 days in Jar it could cause mold and other issues I would rather dry them right out and bring the humidity back ,,,,,,,, but just go with the brown bag in the fridge you can't lose brother!

Some guys just dry this way and I've done it and it worked out great then I cured in the jar ,,,,,,,, but I wouldn't leave them for 2 days in Jar it could cause mold and other issues I would rather dry them right out and bring the humidity back ,,,,,,,, but just go with the brown bag in the fridge you can't lose brother!
After the cure stage is finished the buds can be left in the jar. Some growers have commented that they put the jars away in some dark area and leave them there for months without opening.

But until the cure has finished it is not a good idea to avoid opening the jars for 2 or 3 days like HastFart mentions,. Especially during those first 7 days or so.

Hopefully @Johntn65 will be able to tell us what he did and how it worked out.

After the cure stage is finished the buds can be left in the jar. Some growers have commented that they put the jars away in some dark area and leave them there for months without opening.

But until the cure has finished it is not a good idea to avoid opening the jars for 2 or 3 days like HastFart mentions,. Especially during those first 7 days or so.

Hopefully @Johntn65 will be able to tell us what he did and how it worked out.
I'm one of the weirdos that put fully dried buds in a jar for months in a dark cool place without opening them after the cure is finished
IMG_20201227_162720_390.jpg
20201227_151156.jpg
20201227_151136.jpg
20201227_151123.jpg
IMG_20201227_150848_117.jpg
IMG_20201227_150848_121.jpg
hahahha

Our house must have been built by an Italian or other European immigrant or offspring. There is a small unheated room under the concrete slab that is the front porch. This was their root cellar to store winter vegetables, etc. We use it as a large pantry and have home canned fruits and veggies and store bought canned goods on the shelves.

Two shelves have jars of cured buds just sitting there. I might open and check those every couple of months then put the lids back on. Some of those jars and their contents go back to 2017 and the first plant I grew at this place.

I'm one of the weirdos that put fully dried buds in a jar for months in a dark cool place without opening them after the cure is finished
IMG_20201227_162720_390.jpg
20201227_151156.jpg
20201227_151136.jpg
20201227_151123.jpg
IMG_20201227_150848_117.jpg
IMG_20201227_150848_121.jpg
hahahha
That’s not curing anything. Lol. There has to be moisture leaving the bud slowly over time. I want my nugs to be sticky and burn slow, not break up into dust and cracker dry....

That’s not curing anything. Lol. There has to be moisture leaving the bud slowly over time. I want my nugs to be sticky and burn slow, not break up into dust and cracker dry....
I said "after the cure is finished" You leave the buds in the jar in a dark cool place no need to burp anymore but thanks for that

i've had stuff jarred proper and stored for up to 2 yrs.

Our house must have been built by an Italian or other European immigrant or offspring. There is a small unheated room under the concrete slab that is the front porch. This was their root cellar to store winter vegetables, etc. We use it as a large pantry and have home canned fruits and veggies and store bought canned goods on the shelves.

my veg space is in one of those. they can be found in loads of older homes. it was quite common.

Two shelves have jars of cured buds just sitting there. I might open and check those every couple of months then put the lids back on. Some of those jars and their contents go back to 2017 and the first plant I grew at this place.

that's a great environment for them. the best conditions for long term storage are the same for a wine cellar.

he may have meant after they were properly cured. if they were jarred proper they wouldn't lose the moisture.

Back
Top Bottom