Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

+REP Boss. Great job following the money. What an amazing picture this paints...such a fine example of the hypocrisy and lies associated with Cannabis suppression and the war on people.

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

Thats exactly right!! They've declared WAR ON THE PEOPLE...not, a war on drugs! I personally have been a regular user since 1985 and in all those years I have smoked with hundreds of people and I've never once seen a smoker loose it and become violent...have you? now, alcohol on the other hand...well, we all know how tequila effects people. Now, I will support any bill that declares war on deadly drugs like coke, meth or heroin. Marijuana legalization would free up the DEA's resources to do that very thing. And they would probably win that war too. I mean, I have never heard of anyone growing and processing coca plants or poppy plants here in the US, have y'all? And I think people would just quit meth if MJ was easy to obtain. We pot smokers are the most passive people in our society. And I have never seen any smoker that went out looking for a deadly drug to use while he/she was possessing a sack of weed. I would like to tell those people that keep pounding that "gateway theory" down everyones throat that "unless you have done it, you cant judge it". Now I'm not going to lie and say I've never done my share of hard drugs in my life but, it was never because I smoked weed. It was always because I came across a friend with it, or one of my more "in it for the money" dealers had it when weed was in short supply. Of course that's when I was young and dumb and just looking for the next party or club. And coke will get a young man laid faster than anything out there. I also support NORML's stance on 21+years of age to buy and/or posses MJ. I for one don't want my kids using weed until then. That's only right! Also,MJ could very easily pull this and other countries out of this recession if those big business conglomerates would just market and sell it in the local liquor stores or even behind the counter at all the stores. The taxes on alone could do that, not to mention the uses of hemp fiber. There is a whole realm of possibilities for that stuff. I would imagine that hemp could be turned into ethanol like corn is if the right scientist's got a hold of it. Don't y'all think?

I have never heard of anyone growing and processing coca plants or poppy plants here in the US, have y'all?

Coca, Takes to many leafs :)
Not to mention I just ain't got my hands on any seed , Yet :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've found the Drug War responsible for folks goin' to hard drugs.
MJ stays in your system while others are gone in a matter of days.
I know Cabbies and others that have moved from MJ to harder drugs
Because they have jobs where they could get tested.
So they do what stays the least time in their system.

Right on jimbo e. I often think I want to go buy a bottle of something to enjoy, but when I inhale a dose of Medicinal herb, the desire for any other mind altering substance disappears.

The thing is, it's not the drugs that lead to other drugs. The "gateway" is your life circumstances and how you respond to them. If you're looking for escape, want to "fit in", or need sedation, you'll find a way. At that point, it doesn't matter if it's flowers, powder, or glue.

When I was young, and for those reasons, I smoked the legal leaf grown down south on plantations, and drank distilled beverage products. Although they worked in some ways, the side effects were unacceptable. Fortunately I found Cannabis. I tried harder chemicals as well, but again, Mary Jane prevailed.

Now that I'm older and suffering from the self imposed physical abuse my body has been through, MJ has proven to be affective in reducing my pain to a level that allows me to function and be productive. The hard and legal drugs are all very expensive and can include death as the consequences of use.

Cannabis can be grown for free outdoors and the results of using it are positive physically and emotionally. This is a threat to the profits of beverage, cig, and pharma producers; thus the huge lobby, campaign contributions and hypocritical or poorly informed politicians legislating what we can or can't do with our lives.

You know, What I don't understand is why those cig, pharma. & beverage companies think that they them selves cant stand to make a shit load of money from the legalization of marijuana. Just think about it. Marijuana can be brewed like hop's to make beer, rolled to make cig's & processed to make meds, so...whats their problem? If legalized, They would be the first ones to market it and research it to try and find new ways of delivery. Thats what I have a hard time wrapping my brain around. These "big business tycoons" stand to double, triple or even quadruple their yearly prophets. So why oppress it? Also, I believe that people would pay any amount of marijuana tax's set by the government just to have it legalized, and the government would have plenty of extra revenue to pull us right back out of the recession with some left over.
As far as the hard drugs issue goes, let me give y'all my testimony on how marijuana saved my life...literally!
For a time in my life I got caught up with a bad crowd and they started smoking crack cocaine, and of course I was talked into trying it. At first I was scared to try it, and rightfully so too, because the next thing I know it had gotten so bad that I had hocked everything I owned of value & than started stealing from my parents to get that next rock. One day, after selling everything I could get my hands on, I ran out. There I was going through the worst withdrawals I've ever experienced in my life. I had dropped from 210 lbs. down to 150lbs in just a couple of months and I was starting to have frequent chest pains because my heart couldn't take it any more. Thats when I started begging God to help me find a way to me get off this shit. I had always smoked pot before this but it was put aside for crack. So, there I was freaking out from withdrawals when it hit me that I had a little bit of weed left from before, so I just pulled the ol bong out and fired up. I have you know that all my withdrawal symptoms just melted away and I felt almost back to normal again. After that, I immediately went to my best dealer friend and scored an oz.which he fronted me because he could see the horrible state I was in. After that, every time I felt the urge to get geeked up I would just do a bong hit or two and that feeling just went away. It took me years to get over that feeling too. Now you tell me that marijuana has no place in our society! If they had no other use for it than to get people off of hard drugs it would be worth it! Marijuana has been a God send in my life and I'm NOT going to live without it, PERIOD!!! Marijuana quite literally SAVED MY LIFE!!!AND, I LOVE IT!!!...PERIOD!!! They can have my weed when they pry it from my cold dead fingers!!! PERIOD!!! Pretty strong stuff, huh?

I think the big companies don't stand a chance with Cannabis. We can grow it for free. We can easily process it into food. We can easily convert it to concentrates.

My theory is if it becomes legal many people will try it and discover that they don't want to smoke or drink anything else. Even if the conglomerates make a marketable product from Cannabis and reap some profits, they will lose profits on the other products.

Why do anything other than drop a seed in your yard or the countryside and come back in 6 months and harvest your free meds? Those that have success will be willing to share with those that don't. One advantage of Cannabis as a medicine is that we can keep it simple.

I think the big companies don't stand a chance with Cannabis. We can grow it for free. We can easily process it into food. We can easily convert it to concentrates.

My theory is if it becomes legal many people will try it and discover that they don't want to smoke or drink anything else. Even if the conglomerates make a marketable product from Cannabis and reap some profits, they will lose profits on the other products.

Why do anything other than drop a seed in your yard or the countryside and come back in 6 months and harvest your free meds? Those that have success will be willing to share with those that don't. One advantage of Cannabis as a medicine is that we can keep it simple.

You make a very strong case my friend...That may be it's ONLY downfall, is that they can't get rich from it because of it's simplicity. But I do think that alot of people might not want the hassle of tending to it when it's so much easier to just go to the local corner mart and buy a pack of 20 pre rolled joints. It would be a convenience thing for some. Lets face it...some people do not have a green enough thumb to do what we do. Think about a vegetable garden...Sure it's alot cheaper to grow tomatoes than buy them but, why take time to do that when you can run to the grocery store and buy them with more convenience. But, I know that MJ is a whole different animal and a whole lot more complex than that. I guess the stronger argument is that it should be everyones God given right to decide what I should ingest into my own...I SAY AGAIN...MY OWN BODY!!! They just need to QUIT trying to save us from ourselves...PERIOD!!! It's OUR lives...quit trying to run it like so many cattle!!! Don't be sheep people!!! Just tell them that I'M JOHN DOE AND I AM GOING TO USE MARIJUANA NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY TO STOP ME AND MY KIND...PERIOD!!! I guess I am just a little militant or maybe just very passionate about the very thing that saved my life!!! Can you blame me?

Ok, then it's just what I've been saying about the mass numbers thing. If each and every smoker would stand up and band together with all of these marijuana activist groups as one large nation wide group, then we can win favor with the media and as a collective group we can get votes to swing our way for a change in policy. Until we do that, they will never take us seriously! We make a very easy target for our selves by keeping secretive and tight lipped...It's that old saying,... "There is safety in numbers" "you can beat the one, but you can't beat the mob" (that ones mine,lol) What we need is a tactical approach with the proof to back it up. I have a good question...Why do I not see any billboards from NORML? If they want to be taken seriously they need to get their message out better than they do...My state only has one chapter and I never see any evidence of them getting the word out. If they would just put up signs with their web site only, it would at least be seen! In fact, most smokers I've known, know very little about NORML and do not even keep up with current canna affairs. Their all so caught up with being scared to even go into a canna site for fear that FEDS are watching every site they go to and that they will be red flagged if they do...I find it sad really!!!

I think the best start is to follow the lawmakers and write the automated letter that NORML and MPP provide each time legislation comes up. For every letter they get, they assume there are 10-50 more people that have the same view, and unless they are crooked, it usually works.

I agree with BubaJimbo,
too few know of NORML.
I couldn't believe how many walk up to the booth and have no idea what NORML is.

We have lived underground for sooo long, hard to break old habits.
Tough even to get some to just vote.

I like Boss's ideas about fallowing the law makers but what I've been hearing from people is that they are concentrating there efforts on this lousy war and whats to become of this recession and gas prices and the fact that there is not even a decent presidential candidate to vote for, (I know I'm at a loss, I don't trust any of them) The fact is that, little thought is even given to marijuana law reform. We HAVE to make it front page news...PREIOD! It's one of those things that needs to be on the tip of everyones tongs. Unless we push the issue with numbers this can't happen! It needs to be spread like wild fire that there is an uprising to push it over the edge! But... I don't know about y'all but that scares the shit out of me because you know if it comes to that we had better shut all of our hobbies down or we'll be big time targets! I for one have way too much to loose!!! no shit!!!

Even in the U.S., there are not enough cells.. by FAR.
It's almost like beating a dead horse. You want to here something really sad? My dad is 66 yrs old and smoked in the 60's and he still smokes to this day and so do his senior friends. I was hanging out and smoking with them one night and we were talking about the things that we are talking about now. And, my heart kinda sunk when all of them just looked down and shook their heads and said..."son, we've already tried that and we found that people just got defensive when you brought it up and no one will jump on your band wagon. People just blindly fallow what ever the government says and that they will never budge!" If people are not kept up to date on the good that it dose via the media then we are never going to see it. People need a fresh prospective and enlightenment for this to really work, no matter how many letters you send. The general public needs awareness and re-education before we can proceed. What it will take is a general guideline of proof backed facts of the safe new delivery systems, cures that have been found, they need to know how the laws will read about legalization and for adult's only and how we will even help them get deadly drugs off the street....The people have to made aware...PERIOD!!!

I propose that we here at 420 mag draft a printable letter explaining these things and what our intentions are for the responsible use of marijuana by adults and list all the real facts about it, as well as give them the link to NORML's letters as to give them a voice. We also need to make them aware of those bills and that even law makers are considering legalization of marijuana. Then we need to recruit as many people as possible to deliver them out in mass numbers. If everyone prints out a full ream of paper from their personal computers each, then that would at least be a start...can ya dig? I nominate Boss for his articulate incite and research skills. I will volunteer my self to help in any way I can, any other takers? I think another strong point to make to people is that out of every 10 people they know at least 2 of them are in serious jeopardy of loosing their families due to cruel, unjust and out dated legislature. People need it to be as personal to them as possible. I would put it to them in a way they can relate to like...what If you had to see "Bob" be stripped away from his loving family and you had to see the sad faces of his wife and little kids as they watch daddy being carted away just because he was only trying to self medicate...that picture would be stuck in your head for the rest of your life! And that this "war on drugs" has been turned into a war on decent hard working tax paying citizens just like them selves. How dose that sound? I might even throw in a couple of other real world scenarios, maybe one about a single underpaid mother of three who was just needing some relief from her stressful life or another one about a guy with cancer who can't eat or even hold his food down without it...you know, pull at their heart strings. Winning of hearts and minds is where it's at I think. Along with the support of local and federal law makers...they need to know just how vulnerable their job really is and it's the people that place them in power and not their good looks or their pocketbooks! The bad thing about most of us is that no one wants to step out and take the first bullet. I think through the mail box might be a way to keep our selves on the down low but still get our message across.

NORML like any organization is only as good as its members and the financial support they receive. I am sure if you were to raise the money for a billboard in your neck of the woods, NORML would fill it. Hell, 420mag would fill it!

Why do I not see any billboards from NORML? If they want to be taken seriously they need to get their message out better than they do...My state only has one chapter and I never see any evidence of them getting the word out.

NORML like any organization is only as good as its members and the financial support they receive. I am sure if you were to raise the money for a billboard in your neck of the woods, NORML would fill it. Hell, 420mag would fill it!
Your right HF, money talks! Thing about it is, I don't see the 1 chapter we have here doing anything. No rallies, no advertising, no getting out and talking to people, nothing! It's as if they don't even believe in the cause...they just want everyone to send them money. I'm not sure how much I even trust this NORML chapter. They are based out of a big collage university so maybe they are just trying to get tuitions payed for...who knows but, I'll say this...I'm not sending a dime to an unproductive cause. I will make my own fliers and hand them out on my own before I waste a donation. Maybe it doesn't work like that but it sure appears that way from the out side looking in. All I do know is that, the word needs to be spread...period! I still think a letter with all the latest facts should be circulated. In fact I will even start a rough draft my self and run it by y'all for tweaking if you think it would help. Maybe it's just a pipe dream I have but, I just hate to let even a remote chance of legalization slip away. The issue has to be pushed before it will ever happen. They will never do it without support.

As I stated, an organization is only as good as its members. Maybe you should join, take hold of the helm, and turn the ship around.

As I stated, an organization is only as good as its members. Maybe you should join, take hold of the helm, and turn the ship around.
Thats not my forte', I make a much better soldier. I've never been a good salesman. I have joined them, but they never seem to do anything productive. I have plans on drafting a letter and making fliers and at least that will be a contribution to the cause. I just hate wasting money on them when they are not planning any productive actions. It seems that with the development of these new bills that they would be champing at the bit to make a stand if they were serious. I mean, they want your money, but are not showing any signs of using it to help the cause. We used to have a smoke out in Atl. every year but that seems like it's a thing of the past now. I wish I could talk my wife into moving to a more MJ friendly state but she doesn't even smoke it so she want budge. She doesn't mind that I do it though because she knows how stressed I get without it. I mainly use it for stress management and anxiety which was made worse after moving here to this forken rat race. I'm just a good ol southern country boy and all this fast paced bullshit drives me nuts. Maybe I'll do my homework and try and find out just what my NORML chapter is actually doing with the money. Seems a little fishy to me tho. I'll say this...I will burn them down if I find out they are just funding their own tuitions with it!

Back
Top Bottom