Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adult

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I think C.A.M.P. was doing the rallies in Atlanta. (Coalition to Abolish Marijuana Prohibition)

Re: Act to Remove Federal Penalties for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adul

I propose that we here at 420 mag draft a printable letter

I had to thhink on this a bit :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since I Do :cheesygrinsmiley: Already, while maintaining security!
'Er at least as much as I can!

BubaHerb got it.

As for bein' a salesman,
sales is just another life skill, No One should be without.
I hate sales
but if I believe in the product, it's unlimited income :cheesygrinsmiley:

Preach the Word Brothers and soon they will see the wisdom!

I wasn't sure who actually did the rallies before but the fact still remains that I have not seen any evidence of anyone preparing to throw another one in the near future and it needs to be a coalition of all the groups throwing them all across our nation all at once. I know it cost alot of money but if everyone that supports them would just get more hands on in a collaborated effort then we may be able to swing some votes but, until everyone we know gets everyone they know who gets everyone they know...etc...etc...MASS NUMBERS!!! ya know...just what I've been saying. But to be realistic about it...most, will say "sure dude...I'm there" and not even show up probably even don't care. Most are not as passionate about it as we are, and thats just a fact. And alot of others are just plane lazy. So I will not get my hopes up too high, because in all reality we are just probably kidding our selves anyway. Bills or no Bills. This State is especially hard to convince and That may even be the reason there are no more rallies because of the cracking down from all the bible belt bullshit. People here are especially brainwashed, I see it every day...It's crazy! No open mindedness what so ever!!!

If you have not heard of it, there is a company called ClearChoice. They own a very large percentage of billboards all over the country. The president of the company is so republican, he will not let you advertise anything against anyone in the party. Chances are, a pro Cannabis billboard would never hit thee side of the road. (At least not in many places)

I'll second that motion, Boss man...I for one would love to hang out with you guys for a 420 session and a pow-wow. The big A would not be a bad city to do one in either. Lots of diverse cultures here. There are even some 420 friendly spots as well in downtown. There is a very large canna culture in this state but there is more that are just brain dead zombies of a bible belt society. HF knows exactly what I mean and will probably concur with that as well.

Is Five Points still hopping these days with cannabis, Jimbo?

Is Five Points still hopping these days with cannabis, Jimbo?
I'm not sure, but I believe so, HF, After I got married and we had our little Jimbo, I have kept more on the home front, so we don't get down town much. But I think 5 points, Centennial park, and most of the bar scenes in down town are still hot beds for 420 activity, I believe. I goggled "where to find MJ in Atl. one time and it actually came up with places to just walk the streets and ask people, but I aint that stupid. You would have to be a real dumb ass to just walk up to strangers and ask for a sack of 420. You know what I mean?

And I will be hosting the first 420 members get together, in sunny Australia! Bring a sleeping bag, a coffee cup, and yer own pipe/billy. Buds are on me lol.
As we grow as a community, I hope to have regional 420 Magazine gatherings. That would be a great thing :)

Sounds like a good time, Moose!

Ahhhh...mouth is watering for some of those Moose Buds :yummy: I've seen your bud pics bro...and...WOW!!! good times!!!,.lol...Just keep them bad ass snakes away from me dude :thedoubletake::thedoubletake:lol

And I will be hosting the first 420 members get together, in sunny Australia! Bring a sleeping bag, a coffee cup, and yer own pipe/billy. Buds are on me lol.

Hmmm, maybe I can get 2 birds with one flight.

I still wanta' catch a Grander and DownUnder is the SureBet!

lol...you can just plant me in the outback and watch me grow like one of Moose's canna beans,lol...just make sure that a "Salty or a King Brown" doesn't get me...lol...I would also like to visit Austin's, Hyatt Regency horse farm resort...damn...I wish I had the $ for that!!! A buddy was telling me about it just the other day and it sounds SOOOOO cool!

I got this E-mail today...we may be making some slight headway here!!

Dear Jimbo E :

Thank you for contacting me regarding the use of medicinal marijuana. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to you on this issue.

I understand your views about the benefits of medicinal marijuana to treat individuals with chronic illnesses. As you are aware, federal law prohibits the use and distribution of marijuana. While the drug may not be the most addictive psychotropic drug, I am concerned its usage could lead to the usage of even more dangerous and addictive drugs. In fact, a 2002 report blished by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration found that younger children who use marijuana are more likely to use cocaine and heroin and become dependent on drugs as adults. I feel that if we allow the use of marijuana for sick patients that younger Americans might view the drug as therapeutic when for most it is not. Nonetheless, I feel this issue must be explored because when properly administered, marijuana's therapeutic benefits may outweigh the costs. You will be interested to know, I have supported amendments to appropriations bills in the past, which would have prohibited funding that would prevent states from implementing their own medical marijuana laws. Although this amendment has failed a number of times, I feel there are merits to discussion of such proposals.

As you may know, my colleague Rep. Barney Frank has introduced H.R. 5843, which would eliminate most federal penalties for possession of marijuana for personal use, as well as H.R. 5842, the Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act , which would make marijuana a Schedule II drug-highly controlled but legal. These bills were referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce and others for consideration. Please be assured, I will keep in your thoughts in mind should the full House of Representatives have the opportunity to address this matter.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. I hope you will continue to give me the benefit of your opinion in the future. In addition, I encourage you to visit my website at U.S. Congressman David Scott : 13th District Of Georgia, where you can view the latest news and obtain information on issue and legislation that is important to you. You can also sign up for my electronic newsletter, and receive periodic updates on my activities as your representative in Washington . I thank you again for contacting me, and I look forward to continuing to serve you.

Sincerely,

David Scott

Member of Congress

He sounds like he could swing either way if enough evidence was brought to his desk...Boss?...How about some persuasive evidence? you got some to share with him, brother-man? anyone else that wants to chime in; bring it on!!! we have to convince guys like this to a renewed way of looking at it. They still keep harping on the old gateway thing...I think we need to come up with a strong rebuttal to that old dead horse they just keep beating! I personally think that if MJ were legal then stamping out those real & deadly drugs, (that alot of us have tried) would be an easier task for them and cost alot less money. It might even be a winnable drug war for a change!...and that would be my argument about the gateway theory. I say that if they Legalize marijuana, then we as smokers would be a valuable asset to the task forces, to rid the streets of hard, deadly drugs...I personally would not have a problem with helping them do that very thing!...how about y'all? It might even be a, "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" type of thing, you know?

You all will have to do some reseach and link some info to studies, but here is a draft I threw together today, it needs to be shortened and refined, but you get the idea.

I would put a few research papers from the United States (There are 2 I know of from 2 major universities) into an email and Title it: Up to date Non-Biased Cannabis Information.
(Studies NOT tainted by NIDA or Big Drug)

Dear Senator;

Thank you so very much for your reply to my inquiry about Cannabis reform.

I completely understand your position, and agree on some points you make. However, there are some critical flaws in research that is released these days, and I know you understand them, even though you may be powerless to change it.

The FDA gets more then 1/2 is yearly funding from Big Drug in the form of evaluation fees. Just this fact alone makes one worry about the fair, honest approach that the FDA was built to provide the citizens of this country. Recently, you may have read that the FDA has been approving drugs for the treatment of depression and anxiety for the last 8 years that have recently been proven to give little if any effect whatsoever. This is a fact senator. Drug companies made 11 billion dollars from these drugs that proved ineffective, and they are STILL ON THE MARKET.

This raises a very important question. Who is the NIDA, the FDA, the Supreme Court, and the DEA trying to protect here? No studies on real cannabis has been approved by the DEA since the 1970's. They won't let scientists even do tests on one of the greatest medical breakthroughs of the century Cannabis and the (Endocannabinoid) system. Even though we now have video proof that Delta-9 THC kills brain tumor cells, while leaving healthy tissue in tact, the DEA will not allow studies in the U.S. (with real Cannabis).

This is a very complicated subject, when it does not need to be. This is a plant, like all the others we use on this earth. It is NOT a gateway drug, in fact, the studies all show (Outside of the U.S. and 2 major U.S. University studies) that in fact alcohol is the gateway, and if Cannabis was legalized, taxed and regulated, there would be no interaction with harder drugs that dealers may carry (and offer) when Cannabis users acquire the product illegally (Which 14 million people a day do).

The fact of the matter is that money is what we are all up against here. Not truth, not facts, not gateways or kids getting hold of pot. (None of us Cannabis users want kids to have it, which is why we want legalization, regulation, and taxation.) This has proven to be effective at keeping underage users away from the drug to a certain extent (See Alcohol Prohibition).

The drug companies will lose millions over an inexpensive, natural herb that can grow in your back yard. The last thing they want you doing is not having to pay them for your health.

The Lumber industry is dumping thousands into anti-hemp. They know that hemp will replace trees for building and paper, then what will they do with all that forest they own?

Big oil was the first major opponent of hemp. They know that hemp can produce car bodies with the strength near that of carbon fiber, with 99% less chemical additives to make it work. (Mercedes tested a hemp body on a car that outperformed steel 4 to 1 in crash tests and was 25% the weight) .

Hemp oil is listed in the U.S. Army engineering guide as the first choice for lubricants in army vehicles. It is that good.

I know a lot of this you may have never read, but that is understandable. You are one of the last people they want truthfully informed about the benefits of Hemp and Cannabis.

I have not even touched on the bio-fuel argument, or Cannabis seeds having the highest amino acid content next to soybeans (It is the second most nutritional seed on the planet next to soybeans). We could feed people and livestock at the same time we power out vehicles with cellulose based Hemp bio-mass.

Please be objective. Please research this, and remember to fact check, and source check all these findings. (have someone do it for you) I know you will see the truth.

After you have been informed of all of this information from around the world, you will understand what the people in this country are up against.

These big lobbies are the enemy of the people. If you follow them, we will remove you from office. All of the public fund raising information will be used from this point forward to track all lawmakers decisions on this issue and trace them back to Big Drug funding to campaigns. Simple flyer's that link a lawmakers to any of these lobby groups, or individuals linked to lobby groups will be aired in public, distributed though out the lawmakers districts to show where these decisions are coming from and why. The people will not stand still while lawmakers cater to big lobbies and special interests. Obama will agree. It's time to get on board, or be considered part of the problem.

Truth is truth. Throw everything in this world away, but give me truth.

Back
Top Bottom