Advice about splitting up a bucket system needed: I have a male in the room!

Ryn0nTX

Everyone here has been so helpful. I enjoy the advice I have received and absorbed here in the 420 forum while charging through my first grow.

I have another problem that will require some knowledge beyond my own! One of my four plants in my from my grow journal is a male. I was out of town for a few days and came back to sacks all over it! Problem is, it's in a bucket system that is tied to my other three females. I have a lot of the details in the first post of my grow journal. I even saw this 'now' issue as being a concern back then.

I need to get his ass out of the room fast! Problem is, all of my flower lights are in there and it's my only 'controlled' environment. What can I do with him? I was thinking DWC outside but I did this with two cucumbers and a tomato plant. It got ugly quick. Two survived and are now starting to produce fruit again, but it was a failed experiment in my opinion. They were thriving and producing fruit before I moved them.

Rain is a dude_Raindy.jpg

So...
DWC?
Dirt/Pot
Trash it

What are my realistic options to try and get something out of the plant?

Thanks Bob. No, no need for the pollen. I was thinking the buds might be worth torching even if we had to sift seeds. So I was gonna try to maintain it. I did some more reading and it's fairly conclusive that scraping it is most efficient.

So I've been juicing all my trimmings as they grow and freezing the concentrate. So I cut and juiced his ass too! I was just careful not to get any sacks in there. Had a orange/hemp juice concoction tonight for the first time, it was actually pretty tasty!

I'd still like to hear some ideas for the future if anyone has something they've tried, or have heard of.

If you're not hunting pollen, get that thing out of there yesterday. No sense in letting it pollinate the other 3 "just cuz."

You can take it out and put a plain lid on its bucket then cover that with something else to keep light out. (Like a piece of cardboard or something else to keep light off that lid.) No idea of your setup overall, but get that thing out and in the trash/compost/wherever you put your plant matter.

If you're not hunting pollen, get that thing out of there yesterday. No sense in letting it pollinate the other 3 "just cuz."

You can take it out and put a plain lid on its bucket then cover that with something else to keep light out. (Like a piece of cardboard or something else to keep light off that lid.) No idea of your setup overall, but get that thing out and in the trash/compost/wherever you put your plant matter.

Right on! Thanks for the tip about the buckets. I cut it about 3” above the lid and the plant is gone from the room. I’ll remove it completely in the AM.

Man this is such a bummer, but I guess 3/4 ain’t too bad ‍♂️

Make some Salve...

1390D8B4-FA6F-4B9B-A3BD-C00375882AEC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom