Aero-NFT vs Aero-DWC?

fortphoenix

I was wondering if anyone has experience with both? which produces more potency, more yield, less bugs/mold etc.? Withe aero/dwc Ive notice people put plants in a rubber tote while the plant is submerged in water and getting sprayed at the same time ... and I've noticed another way that resembles NFT were plants are in a flood table thats above the reservoir and the plants are sprayed and the running water drains back into the reservoir and gets sprayed again. Anyone ever try either or both?

Never tried areo/DWC myself. Not really sure what NFT is. Does it just spray the leaves? I think these hydro set ups are getting overly complicated these days. Nothing wrong with a standard dwc bucket system or a standard flood table given the right nutrients and environment, in my opinion.

the plants are in a separate box getting their roots sprayed and the excess water get drained into the reservoir and sprayed back on the roots

the plants are in a separate box getting their roots sprayed and the excess water get drained into the reservoir and sprayed back on the roots

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just standard areoponics? I've seen alot of good results with standard areo too. But, just like with DWC, there is a steep learning curve. Not a whole lot of room for error.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that just standard areoponics? I've seen alot of good results with standard areo too. But, just like with DWC, there is a steep learning curve. Not a whole lot of room for error.

well i think standard is supposed to be the roots are totally suspended in the air while sprays but if they're in a fence post or drain tray then their roots are resting on the surface and the draining water from the sprayers automatically pass by and hits the roots creating a sort of NFT. whereas the other way, the roots are being sprayed while being partially submerged in water

Ah ok. So an NFT set up, but with sprayers in the pipes? spraying the roots and then draining down like an NFT would? Sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to see it if you try it out!

Back
Top Bottom