Afghan Kush: An Amateurs Attempt At Breeding

Happy New Year everyone!!. So I began germinating the seeds I made with the Wild Thailand x Afghan Kush plants last week. Of the 8 seeds, 4 have sprouted into little seedlings and I am expecting 2 more seeds to sprout in a day or two. 2 of the seeds seem to be duds but I'm extremely happy that I will have 6 seedlings. I'm thinking of calling this Sativa/Indica F1 hybrid "Wild Kush" ? I'll try and upload some pics in a day or two.

Hi, Today I transplanted all 6 seedlings to 1 qt. pots. I'll let them grow for about 4 -5 weeks and then before switching to 12/12 schedule I plan on taking clones of all 6 seedlings. Pots are currently numbered 1-6 to help with identifying plants and the clones will also be numbered. Hopefully I'll have at least 2 or 3 female plants. 1 of the seedlings has become deformed and is showing white leaves. I'll upload a photo of it in another couple of days.

Wild Kush Seedling2.jpg

Wild Kush Seedlings1.jpg

HI all. the "Wild Kush" seedlings are growing into the veg stage. Began feeding with Fox Farms nutrients Grow Big, Cal-Mag, and Kelp Me Kelp You. I'll follow the Fox Farms Soil schedule and let them grow for another 2 -3 weeks, then I'll take clones from all 6 plants before switching to 12/12 schedule. I don't have much confidence in being able to determine sex before the switch. Once sex has been determined I'll discard all the male plants leaving me with only females plants and their clones. I can then start the process of making some S1 generation feminized seeds with the Colloidal Silver process.

Wild Kush plants 1_19_21.jpg

Hi all, a quick update. I took clones of all six plants before starting 12/12 light schedule. They've been on 12/12 light schedule now for about 10 days. I'm kind of disappointed, I was expecting closer to a 50/50 male/female split of the six plants. Unfortunately, 5 out of 6 plants are male. I've already destroyed 4 of the male plants and will most likely end up destroying the 5th male plant in a few days (its the plant that was deformed). It grew at a slower pace and I want to be sure its a male before I destroy it. So I should have 1 female clone that I will let grow and then take more clones from it to see if I can make some feminized seeds using the colloidal silver process.

Hello all, the clone has grown into a big girl and she was put into 12/12 light schedule last week. I took 2 new clones before starting the light schedule and plan on using Colloidal Silver on one of them to see if I can create some fermionized seeds. The first plant is doing well but believe it will be another 3-4 weeks before I can harvest. Here's the latest pi.
Wild Kush 3_20_21.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom