Air Exchange: AC Infinity

BigDannel

3x4 tent with an AC Infinity Cloudline T6 for a fan. The fan has a nice controller that has a temp and humidity and the option to have the fan turn on when the temp or humidity reaches certain levels. Heat and humidity have not been an issue so the fan hasn't kicked on too much but I've still been running it occasionally just to cycle the air through.

The big appeal of the fan was being able to save some electricity by not running it all the time but I'm wondering how often should the air in the tent be cycled?

I think the general rule of thumb is to have air exchanged every 3 - 5 minutes but not sure it’s necessary to have it that often. But then again, it wouldn’t take but a minute to exchange the air in that tent with that fan.

If you had a CO2 monitor, you could check the levels at canopy height and see how long it takes for the levels to drop below 400, roughly ambient levels.

I think the general rule of thumb is to have air exchanged every 3 - 5 minutes but not sure it’s necessary to have it that often. But then again, it wouldn’t take but a minute to exchange the air in that tent with that fan.

If you had a CO2 monitor, you could check the levels at canopy height and see how long it takes for the levels to drop below 400, roughly ambient levels.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a CO2 monitor but it looks like I may need to invest in one so I can get an idea of how often I should run the fan and cycle the air through the tent. I'm only a few weeks in, so right now it's not a big deal but will be more important as time goes on. Any suggestions for a basic (cheap) but semi-accurate CO2 monitor?

Not a clue mate, Zon has them, but I have never bothered, my fans come on with the lights and run continuously on a lower speed, keeps my tent in the temperature zone I want using CMH lights.

If I didn’t run them, my tent would get too hot.

Not a clue mate, Zon has them, but I have never bothered, my fans come on with the lights and run continuously on a lower speed, keeps my tent in the temperature zone I want using CMH lights.

If I didn’t run them, my tent would get too hot.

I'll take a look and see what I can find. I may be over-thinking it, I plan on upgrading my lights so that'll probably put out a bit more heat, plus the temperature outside here is beginning to warm up as well. I'll probably have to run the fan much more often soon but was just wondering what the general rule was. Thanks for the info about circulating every 3-5 minutes, I appreciate it!

I'll take a look and see what I can find. I may be over-thinking it, I plan on upgrading my lights so that'll probably put out a bit more heat, plus the temperature outside here is beginning to warm up as well. I'll probably have to run the fan much more often soon but was just wondering what the general rule was. Thanks for the info about circulating every 3-5 minutes, I appreciate it!
You'll be fine with the new lights and current exhaust fan. FYI, I live in the tropics where it's around 32-34 Celsius daily average. My home is air-conditioned, around 26 to 27 C. I have a 2 x 3 tent with AC infinity T4 running on constant at a speed of 6 . The grow tent averages at 27/28 Celsius lights on and 24/25 lights off.... If I were to switch off the exhaust, the temps go up to 30-31 de Celsius and the humidity rises frim 60% right up to 80%, depending on how many plants I have in there or hen was the last I watered.

Back
Top Bottom