What's the quietest circulation fan?

BigDannel

I have an AC Infinity Cloudline T6 and love it. External control unit that shows temp/RH, timer and sensor settings for temp/humidity, highly recommend the fan. Settings 0-10 and running on 1 creates negative pressure in the 4'x3' tent, usually I run it at 2 and you can't hear a thing.

.....Well, you can't hear a thing from THAT fan. Now it's driving me insane that I can hear my small clip-on fan and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a quiet circulating fan, clip on design would be a plus but not necessary. I definitely want more airflow than a CPU fan or booster fan, ideally something exactly like the clip fans but quiet. The Dyson bladeless ones are a bit steep in price, but something a bit more "advanced" than a typical fan motor may be what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance. :thumb:

Hi BigD :ciao: and welcome to 420 Mag forums :welcome:

I can help with this as i went through exactly the same thing setting up my indoor grow - which is in my bedroom.

I also have a Cloudline, the T4, for extraction and love it.

After going through a few cheap horrible break-in-10-minutes fans for circulation that were also, as you say, mega loud, i saved up for a Dyson bladeless tower fan. It was super expensive yes, and I haven’t regretted it for a minute :thumb: And at the rate those clip-ons can fail (even the good ones), over time it prbably evens out while sending less crap tp landfil ;)

Initially I just ‘borrowed’ the round desktop dyson from the living room and by the time the household demanded it back I had saved enough to buy the tower version. Spendy, yes, but I recommend it most highly.

if i expand in the future, i may even save up for an air purifying one. That’s how much i think it’s worth it!

:Namaste:

Hi BigD :ciao: and welcome to 420 Mag forums :welcome:

I can help with this as i went through exactly the same thing setting up my indoor grow - which is in my bedroom.

I also have a Cloudline, the T4, for extraction and love it.

After going through a few cheap horrible break-in-10-minutes fans for circulation that were also, as you say, mega loud, i saved up for a Dyson bladeless tower fan. It was super expensive yes, and I haven’t regretted it for a minute :thumb: And at the rate those clip-ons can fail (even the good ones), over time it prbably evens out while sending less crap tp landfil ;)

Initially I just ‘borrowed’ the round desktop dyson from the living room and by the time the household demanded it back I had saved enough to buy the tower version. Spendy, yes, but I recommend it most highly.

if i expand in the future, i may even save up for an air purifying one. That’s how much i think it’s worth it!

Thanks for the welcome and for the information Amy! Yesterday while looking up articles and comparing dB levels of fans, I of course ended up looking at the Dyson ones and have personally always been a big fan of their looks. I know a grow setup doesn't need to have style points, but mine is right in my walk-in closet area so personally, I like to have it be a nice space. I spend a lot of time just hanging out and smoking in that area so it's nice to have it be aesthetically pleasing as well.

Did the Dyson desktop fan circulate enough air for you? (What is your space? I have a 4'x3' tent.) What were the reasons for upgrading to the tower one? I was also looking at the air purifying one like you said, it's awesome! I also thought the humidifier version was nice but the tank seems a bit small compared to my $40 humidifier I currently use. Thanks again for your response!

I agree that aesthetics is important :thumb: Plus. good design and good function often go hand in hand :)

MY tent is a 3’ x 3’. Yes the desktop - it was the original blue - did circulate enough air for me, on the lowest setting for the most part, and then only a notch or 2 up during flower.

I upgraded because the household (including me) wanted the desktop fan back in the house (even in winter it does an important air and heat a circulation job, quietly) and i chose the tower fan at that time because there was a sale on and the tall skinny shape takes up less space.

I have just discovered that it is too strong for seedlings though - I have some about 8 days and haven’t been able to put it on them properly as it‘s not quite gentle enough. I have it turned away from them for now and some slight breeze is bouncing off the walls. I’d prefer something in between tho LOL! Might have to borrow back the desktop for a week ;).

The tower was awesome during flower, let me find a visual for you ...

Also, with the tower in a corner, it covers the full 90º left and right. I like the way it blows through the whole canopy. I didnt have any wind burn issues, even with the things quite close. The only caveat is that I think I got it when they were already established and now on the 2nd run with it I’m finding i need something slightly lower for the seedlings/early veg.

I agree that aesthetics is important :thumb: Plus. good design and good function often go hand in hand :)

MY tent is a 3’ x 3’. Yes the desktop - it was the original blue - did circulate enough air for me, on the lowest setting for the most part, and then only a notch or 2 up during flower.

I upgraded because the household (including me) wanted the desktop fan back in the house (even in winter it does an important air and heat a circulation job, quietly) and i chose the tower fan at that time because there was a sale on and the tall skinny shape takes up less space.

I have just discovered that it is too strong for seedlings though - I have some about 8 days and haven’t been able to put it on them properly as it‘s not quite gentle enough. I have it turned away from them for now and some slight breeze is bouncing off the walls. I’d prefer something in between tho LOL! Might have to borrow back the desktop for a week ;).

The tower was awesome during flower, let me find a visual for you ...

Also, with the tower in a corner, it covers the full 90º left and right. I like the way it blows through the whole canopy. I didnt have any wind birn issues, even with things quite close. Caveat is that I think I got it when they were already established and I’m finding i need something slightly lower for the seedlings/early veg.

That looks awesome! The fan looks great and like you said, I like how it doesn't take up a ton of room. Thanks again for the pics and the info :)

Back
Top Bottom