Air pots

I can see the benefits in both ways to be honest! Lol I’ve done them both ways because I put them together stoned sometimes:D My roots look the same either way. The only time I see sad roots is if I use a plastic pot, so I guess these airpots are full proof!

I like the holes on the inside because I Grow in a closet and a tent and have no time for showers all day which is what happens :D

I just hand water so I get splashy.

Don't the holes have to be on the outside in order for the roots to achieve the self pruning benefit these pots are known for?
Also if water comes pouring out of the outside holes when I water... this would be a big draw back for this vessel
I hope this does not happen

Don't the holes have to be on the outside in order for the roots to achieve the self pruning benefit these pots are known for?
Also if water comes pouring out of the outside holes when I water... this would be a big draw back for this vessel
I hope this does not happen

When you water then water them slow so that doesn't happen. and as long as it doesn't dry out too much it won't get hydrophobic and repel water. Honestly in soil its good to have the air prune but in coco you want the root lock. depends on what you are going for

I grew in air pots with mostly coco blended soil and I liked how fast the air dried them out for indoor and led growing where you don't have heat to dissipate it but every thread i see that small pots are the way to go with coco and you let them root lock, so 3 gallon coco nursery pots fed 4-5 times a day for absolute monsters.

the rate you feed the coco at actually forces more air into the root zone, air pots dont hurt. its pretty much preference. I'm about building up the root zone massive enough to drink the water instead of hoping for it to evaporate

plant drinking = good chance its taking the minerals with it
water evaporating = guaranteed chance all ferts are being converted into salts

point of coco = don't let it completely dry out and you get a massive root zone, what your environment makes you do is up to your own parameters. if you dont have an auto drip feed system you probably dont want to go with small pots and go with 5 gallon air pots and treat it like soil.

-Purps

my grow is a pain because I look after it off site
hopefully this grow is the last time I will have this inconvenience because if all goes as expected, cannabis will be legal country wide in the next 6 weeks
ideally I would like the water twice a day. Right now I am limited to once daily.
I'll take your advice on watering it slow.
I expect the same big root ball though
maybe not... we'll see ;)

my grow is a pain because I look after it off site
hopefully this grow is the last time I will have this inconvenience because if all goes as expected, cannabis will be legal country wide in the next 6 weeks
ideally I would like the water twice a day. Right now I am limited to once daily.
I'll take your advice on watering it slow.
I expect the same big root ball though
maybe not... we'll see ;)

Do you know something I don't, legal in the next 6 weeks?
Do you realize who is in control of the Justice Dept? LOL

oh man that sucks
I must be really old....
I'v never heard of any of the bands in that music festival lol

I had never heard of that festival either, so I looked googled it and looked at the artist. I was only going to go through like A to D but ended up looking at every one of them. Did not recognize a one of them.
Damn, we must be the same age. :)

Air-pots are pretty nice, I don't grow in coco so wouldn't know about that, but if you time the watering right in soil you can give them 20% of pot size water in under a minute with little to no run off.

Only drawback compared to fabric pots is that they have a gap underneath so it's harder to wick up water with them.

The advantages over fabric pots are: easier cleaning, no flexible walls bulging out or caving in, many anchor points for tying down branches.

Back
Top Bottom