AK47 how to make it Taller

hightime58

Hi to all you guys first time grower, member etc etc.,but old guy .I'm growing a ak47,it's a clone it doing nicely lots of leaves ,new growth ,nice color but it doesn't seem to be getting taller,it's one week old today I'm working with a cfl lighting for now because of money but buy the time I get to flowering hope to get a hid I believe that's the on, my medium is miracle grow using on water at this stage nice temp always at 75 good air flow ,is there any advice or are things going like it should be??if anyone has a pic of a ak47 could you post it for me never seen one or smoke it but they say it's the easiest for first timers.I'm just starting with one because of money,but if this grow OK I'll invest in something moere exotic,so can you guys help and old guy out with some replies I'd really appreciate it.This is the best sit I've seen yet and I'm going to use the hell out of it ,readind books not my thing but reading threads are so cool. Thanks again guy and girls . P.S. her name is lucia she even has her own playlist.........

high there hightime58.. :welcome: there are lots of threads to read,,

read the stickies in the grow room forums,, lots of helpful stuff..

for cfl, try reading Rosemans tutorial CFL Light Tutorial

how many cfl's are you using?

also, it will stretch once you put into flower...

At one week old the plant is going to be small and you don't want it to stretch that much right now. After it's had nutes for awhile then you can stretch it. It will also at least double in height after you go 12/12 on the lights for flower. I'll tell you what I tell all new growers. This is an exercise in patience and at our age that can be in short supply but it is necessary. The ak47 is a mid sized plant at best and remember the plant is not additve but growing it is! Welcome to 420mag! What nutes are you using?

Herb Zen,Mostly Crazy thanks for the welcome your so right patience is a very annoying thing buttttt that's life,Zen will read that on cfl's thanks and Mostly Crazy at this time no nutes because I use miracle grow like a dummy, but man you should see it,really has a great deal of growth from all sides it's amazing,thanks once again I feel much better

So it's the MG with the nutes built in? Well that ought to be interesting. I'd bet you will need something along the line and especially in flower. MJ is a nute hog. At least some strains are. If the leaves start pointing up that is the plants way of begging for more food.

thanks for the info and if the leaves are pointing up and nedd food what do you recommend?? please take in account money is a real issue,but whatever is necessary,

For bargains on nutes it may be best to go to your local hydro store if you have one close. If not check out either technaflora or general hydroponics for nutes. They are among the cheapest that will still do the job for you. If you go to Sponsors and choose stealth hydroponics you can get a a 10% discount by using the cuopon code Deep Water Culture.

Now keep in mind that I am a hydro guy. It might be better to ask some of the soil guys what they would do. The MG is going to throw your nute needs off with whatever nutes you get. I'd start out at about 1/2 of what they tell you to use and see how the plants like it. Too little is much better than too much.

Hey HighTime58, Welcome to 420 Magazine. AK47 is a great strain to grow, very potent and has a great high to match.

So let get down to your grow,as for her taking forever to grow, trust me she'll get there. Do you watch her daily? If so it'll seem forever, trust me. I sit in my rooms for hours just starring and starring at my ladies. But when I leave for a day and come back I can see the changes. One thing with CFL's they need to be close to the plant in order to get the most out of them. Here is a killer tutorial on cfls:

Rosemans cfl lighting tutorial :) Roseman is the man :)

As for miracle grow nutes, they tend to be Lil strong for MJ. Miracle grow uses time released nutes in their soils, so this can be one reason that your growth seems to be low. Cannabis tends to need nutes available on a regular basis. Nitrogen is what is the most effective during the vegetative period. Unfortunately with the nutrient in the soil being time released, the soil may not be giving off enough of it. My suggestion is to keep on the road you are going. If you start to see yellowing in the plants fan leafs, then more then likely its a lack of nitrogen. Other then that keep on trucking and she'll catch up. I hope this information helps out and be sure to check out the cfl tutorial, it will give you a great understanding of cfl's for your great experience with Lucia. Much love from all of here at 420 Magazine :)

welcome to the best forum for the most rewarding hobby in the world.
I jumped in a bit late, But for nutes on a budget there's really no beating the technaflora recipe for success starter kit, It gives you everything you need, to get through atleast 1 full grow. And they work great. The whole kit sells for average of $29.00 at most all hydro shops and online shops. copy and paste this address into your address bar at top, and check em out. Ive personally used this kit with great results on my first grow. And oddly enough we also used MG soil with 2 of the girls, and they came out just fine.

Suncoast Hydroponics
ok, didnt know it changes it to a quick link, even easier..
And suncoast hydro is a sponsor of this site. Infact we were so happy with this kit we are now ordering bigger bottles of each nutrient, For our next hydro run. Good luck, and keep growing.
Also, On a side note. The recipe for success chart that comes with the kit is a bit on the light side so you shouldnt have any burn problems with it.

Thanks to all you guys 1 ) being disabled makes a person less patience and of course getting old, but will try all the things that all of you have said hopefully can make this a hobby instead of putting together model cars and airplanes,next time will try without the miracle grow it just seem to easy not to use because of where I had it at upstairs and it's really tough going up and down the stairs but it's growing like over night,you guys really do the job and that's why people like me appreciate every little advice you give. It's 2 weeks old and about 12" tall with really large fan leaves on the top and yes I keep the lights close after reading the cfl tutiorial very helpful,I guess in another 3 weeks I throw her into flower and see How it comes out.:thanks:

it's really tough going up and down the stairs

Next run...

FoxFarms Light Warrior to the rescue!

Or you might want to check out hempy buckets. really forgiving hydro in super light perlite. (drawback to perlite is the dust, you want to wear a mask till its rinsed well. and disposal after use gets sketchy as its white and never decomposes)

:peace:

Thanks M.C, Deep Water Culture have contributed greatly and we are all very appreciative of that. :thanks:

Yes great advice :bravo: Fox Farm Soil will help with your soil needs. The soil has enough nutes in it to supply you for a few weeks, then you can start adding nutes after that.

And yes the BC Technaflora starter kit is a great way to really get an understanding of nutrients. With all the basics and additives in the kit, you can really get an idea of whats out there for your plant. And hey for an average of $30.00 (us), in my honest opinion its the best starter kit on the market. And I definitely stand by that, hell I keep 1-2 extra kits around as back up. Thats just in case my stores in closed for the weekend or holidays. LOL..I've even given them away as Christmas and b-day presents :rofl:

:ganjamon:

We have but one mission, Butcher! You and all the Deep Water Culture just want to help others grow their meds and learn something for ourselves in the process be it of a grow nature or a personal nature. Ever notice that the things we tell others play in our heads when we have problems? That's the payback! Peace!

Back
Top Bottom