Alaska Commercial Grow Setup

borealisdream

Hey All,

I would like to pick some brains for ideas... I am setting up a limited-commercial grow (500 square feet) in Alaska, yay... we're legal now!!!

Anyway, I am going to use (2) 40' insulated high cube containers as my grow space. I am planning to plant Autos in one container using a DWC hydroponic system and I will plant photoperiod strains in the other container using an ebb and flow bucket system.

I have grown weed before in a very small space and I ran a college hydroponics lab that provided cloned specimens for research, so I have the mechanical part of the hydro stuff pretty well down pat.

I like HPS/MH lighting, but I hate the electric bills and I have some cash to plunk down. So here's the $10,000 question...

I am thinking about buying (68) 450w MarsHydro LED lights for my main lighting and then putting two light tracks in the photoperiod container each track with a 1000w hps light running down the middle of the container on those tracks as supplemental lighting for flowering. The tracks would be set up one after the other to avoid double coverage so I don't cook my plants.

Each container is ~305 square feet, of which I will only cultivate 250 square feet to stay legal and leave a little workspace. I plan to hook up 34 MarsHydro LED lights in each container.

I will either paint the insides white or use mylar, I haven't decided... would also appreciate thoughts on this.

This is going to be my company start which I will expand to grow an outdoor crop in a year or two.

Look into DIY LED using Cree CXB3590s or 3070s. It will be a do it yourself thing, but the rewards will be plentiful. Highly reliable LED units that will provide amazing amounts of PAR while being more efficient and cooler than HID or other LED. In a commercial grow efficiency is everything, so it only makes sense to go with the most efficient lighting rather than buying the cheapest LEDs available.

Back
Top Bottom