Am I harming or stressing the plants?

RedBudPH

:Namaste::Namaste:

Im growing 2 seedling right now, a three weeks old and the other is a week old. I'm growing them under the sunlight by day (7am-6pm) then i bring them to their growbox lighted by CFL by night (10pm-7am). Then repeat pick them up, put them out to sunlight after the day, put them back to the box. Im doing this to minimize my electricity consumption.

My question is, will that process harm or stress them them? What would be the effects on them?
Thanks in advance

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Mmm 20/4 timing ah.

Well if they don't any get environmental shock between the two places grown/conditions etc when changed about or don't look floppy wilted i guess it is ok ?

Saving electric ah depends on how much it cost per unit where you are to how many & what wattage your cfls are ?

Could change light timing to 16/8 for vegging it works.

There is nothing wrong with doing that. For different purposes, people have been doing that for many, many years. That is a technique used for "hardening off" a plant. If you start a plant indoors, and eventually want to move it outdoors permanently, you would bring it outdoors for a few hours a day, then bring it back indoors. You do this to prevent stress.

You could possibly bring unwanted pests back into your grow room though.

There is nothing wrong with doing that. For different purposes, people have been doing that for many, many years. That is a technique used for "hardening off" a plant. If you start a plant indoors, and eventually want to move it outdoors permanently, you would bring it outdoors for a few hours a day, then bring it back indoors. You do this to prevent stress.

You could possibly bring unwanted pests back into your grow room though.

Goodday sir and thank you
Whats that "hardening off technique"? What does it harden? Haha thanks btw
Ive read articles that it might bring pests inside the room/growbox along with the plant.
Thank you sir

Hello sir,
To be specific our porch is facing east, so after noon time there is no direct sunlight that comes to the plant because of the roof and the walls of my moms room that is facing west. So im substitution cfl lights at night since theyre on their veg process.

Hello sir,
To be specific our porch is facing east, so after noon time there is no direct sunlight that comes to the plant because of the roof and the walls of my moms room that is facing west. So im substitution cfl lights at night since theyre on their veg process.

That's a good idea. I've read that some people use grow lights in a green house to keep their plants vegging after sunset. So, you are basically doing the same thing.

You should start a journal so we can follow along.

Back
Top Bottom