Amateur grower in need of advice - Flowering and yellow leaves

jewfish

Hey guys!

My roommate and I found a seed in our stash from our local coffee shop here in Amsterdam. The strain is a hybrid called Riddler Kush. We dropped the seed in water and 5 months later have a meter high plant which has most recently began to flower. The plant has been inside right by the window, receiving plenty of sunlight. We topped the plant, placed that stem in water and have recently planted it once it grew new roots. So now we have two plants!

Since the flowering has begun, the leaves around the base have begun to turn yellow with some spots of purple. Some new leaves around the base grow out yellow and die. The top of the plant is bushy and lush and the leaves look very healthy. Ive read that this may be normal due to the plant allocating energy/nutrients towards the budding portion of the plant. Just want to check and see if this is what it may be. We havnt ever added any nutrients, just water and sun.

Thanks! Check out the photos :)
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_388511.JPG
IMG_38918.JPG
IMG_38909.JPG
IMG_38866.JPG
IMG_38878.JPG
IMG_7906.jpeg

Looks pretty good :goodjob:. It looks like your using soil. By now I would assume the plant has sucked all the good nutes from the soil and you may need to add some. Possibly buy some extension cords, light sockets, and some cfl's (compact florescent lights) for better lighting than just the window. And maybe a little loly popping. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck! :thumb:

High jewfish

Well past time to add some nutrients before everything but the buds is yellow. The plant needs a lot of food once it goes into flowering and by starving it at this stage you will lose a lot of the potential yield.

L8r

Back
Top Bottom