Normal yellowing leaves during grow or no?

Indica shaped plant.
The lowest buds on the plant are the photo.
The question is.....would you wait till those buds have no white hairs to harvest or will they take so much longer to turn that the top could be lower in THC by that time because of going beyond 70/30 on Trichomes?

What I am trying to do here is get the buds harvested at about 85/15 at the most. I don't like couch lock because it all couch locks me after an hour. So I would rather have the energy for an hour than feel like I smoked an hour ago immediately after smoking.

The other image is just to show which plant I'm speaking about.

The last few photos are of my buddies plant that I gave him....these two plants are sisters which popped on pretty much the same 24 hours period.
His plant was yellow as heck and now it's all green and still looks like it has a good ways to go. Like it won't be finished mid April like I believe my plant will be.

not to mention the only difference is mine is a 7 gallon pot and his is a 5. But I don't think that has a thing to do with why one is green and the other is red and yellow and green.

Obviously mine has much larger buds. But his looks like it has the potential to get larger buds than I have.

Just wondering what y'all think about the difference in these two plants...same strain same birthdate and same nutes up till I gave him the plant. His may turn out better and I hope it does.

20240405_121116.jpg

20240405_121452.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

I have no idea how to tell when this plant is finished. The white hairs and nanners are growing and I pull them off. But the buds that were lower on the plant still have white hairs. Now some on the top are regrowing white hairs. What a mess.

As you can see some of the buds look finished and some look like they have a long way to go for all those new white hairs and new growth to go away.

20240408_125839.jpg

20240408_125857.jpg

20240408_130118.jpg

20240408_130141.jpg

20240408_130124.jpg

20240408_130109.jpg

20240408_130057.jpg

Question for someone who knows....

If your plant starts growing nanners and you are to close to finished to kill the plant off but at the same time it's growing more white hairs......when would you harvest?

In one week it will be the same age it's mother plant was when it was harvested and it turned out very strong and very good. But that plant didn't have nanners and had really no issues except some early yellowing leaves.

The plant has some large buds on it that have no white hairs and surely have all milky and some amber trichs.

I just don't know when is the right time to harvest now with this issue of nanners and new white hairs.

the lower buds are still white haired with some red. But still mostly white. And all top buds besides a few are all red and brown hairs. No whites.

the center bud hasn't seen a white hair in weeks. Now it has three on it near nanners.

Agree with OGpapa i've had 50% of my grows throw new hairs and those lower buds way below the canopy i just forget those cause they won't ripen too shaded. I do sequencial harvest sometimes removing the ripe ones and leave the rest to finish.

Agree with OGpapa i've had 50% of my grows throw new hairs and those lower buds way below the canopy i just forget those cause they won't ripen too shaded. I do sequencial harvest sometimes removing the ripe ones and leave the rest to finish.
Do you think leaving the plant in the dark cool closet with water for a few days with no light till the medium dries out would potentially ripen lower buds faster?

I mean as far as size they are done. But white hairs everywhere...and milky trichs.

I can't find clear trichs anymore.

Do you think leaving the plant in the dark cool closet with water for a few days with no light till the medium dries out would potentially ripen lower buds faster?

I mean as far as size they are done. But white hairs everywhere...and milky trichs.

I've never done that closet thing. You say with water but you want it to dry out? Your choice like i said you can harvest the top ripened colas or buds and allow the lower half to ripen, it's your plant. But yeah i do allow the plant to dry out in the pot prior to harvest.

I've never done that closet thing. You say with water but you want it to dry out? Your choice like i said you can harvest the top ripened colas or buds and allow the lower half to ripen, it's your plant. But yeah i do allow the plant to dry out in the pot prior to harvest.
I just mean water it one last time and then leave it in a dark closet for days. It worked well for the plant I just harvested and it seemed to fatten a bit and had more trichs. But it could all be in my head. Lol

No. I would keep it on the same light cycle. It will finish appropriately. Rushing the process will give you a low yield, and low quality.
Agree with @OGpapa, don’t put them in a dark closet for days, unless you want sickly yellow plants! It will only lengthen the time, as the plants will need days to recover!

Agree with @OGpapa, don’t put them in a dark closet for days, unless you want sickly yellow plants! It will only lengthen the time, as the plants will need days to recover!
My reason to put it in the closet would only be right before harvest. Not just for a stress session.

We watered my roommates plant and then the following morning put it in 65° temps in 58RH for what started out as two days and then ended up being 4 days. We wanted to see how long it took for BX to dry out. After 4 days it still wasn't completely dry. I think that would have taken 2 or 3 more days to dry the medium out totally. The plant was still really nice after being in the dark that long.

Its scent increases and I believe it's trichs got whiter too. And the buds fattened just a bit.

But who knows if those buds would have done that anyway in that time. The plant was the healthiest grow I've ever seen from start to finish and my roommate got run off from his pot like four times throughout the entire grow.

I kept telling him it was a big mistake.

But turns out....it wasn't a mistake at all and produced excellent root strength.

He gave it way less nutes than it called for when it comes to dry nutes. But he dialed it in before the budding started. And then as the buds were developing he would just give it pot of gold liquid nutes and molasses and when called for bloom booster instead of the called for 4 tablespoons he would give it two and then his watering was every other day one 64 ounce bottle. And he would pour it in over an hours time. Slowly.

His plant had the strongest roots I've ever yanked on. And I've so far yanked on the roots of 7 fully grown plants. All broke easy except his. They were small and very thin. But stronger than the big roots in other plants weve grown..

I don't get it. I don't know how that even turned out the way it did.

Back
Top Bottom