Another male or female confirmation

Bugz

hey guys and gals. I have a plant i need help with sexing.
I am very new to this hahaha. Its is bag seed growing under some mars reflectors using the gas lantern routine in a grow tent. I am using canna terra pro for the substrate.

Cheers

CLywRW.jpg

pa6k81.jpg

About six weeks mate, i will try get some better pics

I just said to my wife they where 5 and half weeks,,, haha pretty close!

However, From the looks of that picture I'm willing to say it's a female. You see how the calyx isn't raised off the node? Usually females will tend to have a calyx growing straight from the node(s) & eventually a pistil growing out from it. A male generally has "raised" calyx's that eventually forms into little tiny balls and grows off the stem, instead of in the nodes. (But this isn't always the case). If you have a magnifying glass you can get up close and look for little tiny balls around the nodal intersections & on the stem/stock beside the nodes. If grown properly, a plant is mature in 4 weeks and you can "early sex" it in veg, like we are doing now. A 30x loupe or a magnifying glass will make your life and eye's allot easier to deal with. ;)

the top picture... see those little white wispy v shaped moth antenna things about 2:00 in the picture? those are the pistils... female.
the second picture, I dont see anything like those, but you might since you are sitting there. On the second picture, see if you can tell if the structures, the calyxes, are sitting down on the main stalk or if they seem to be rising up on their own stalks. Get a flashlight behind them and sometimes that helps you see the stalk. Stalk equals male... v shaped whiskers, female.

Back
Top Bottom