Another Nitrogen Deficiency?

RedClaymore

420 Member
Hello once again! I previously made a post on these same exact plants but in case you don't have time to refer to my first post I'll provide info on the plants below. I seem to have run into a problem where the lower leaves are slowly turning a yellow color and developing brown spots before wilting away. I'm not sure if I'm overwatering which would be unlikely considering I only water when the plant starts to droop. From what I've read it seems to be a nitrogen deficiency but I'm not sure what else I'd be able to do considering I changed the soil to Fox Farms and use Flora Gro Trio every other day. I was planning on going into the bloom stage right after I fixed this issue so let me know what you guys think.

Strain - G.R.E.A.M. by Solfire Gardens
Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? - Hybrid
How Many Plants? - 2 Plants
Vegetative or Flowering Stage? - Vegetative Stage
Indoor or Outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? - I started out with some miracle grow fast sprouting soil. I know I could've bought a good soil but I'm a beginner and didn't listen lmao. Upon finding out miracle grow is pretty bad, I switched to Fox Farms.
If Soil... What Size Pot? - 5 Gallon fabric pots
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? One 600w LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
Is it Air Cooled? - Yes
Any Pests? - No pests
How Often are you Watering? - I usually try and water once I see the plant is drooping or when the soil is very dry
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? The fertilizers and nutrients I've used are FloraGro, Bloom, and Micro with 1.5ml of Gro and Micro and 1.0ml Bloom but this will change when my plant goes into the bloom stage

I’m a new grower. But, Can’t be a nitrogen deficiency if you’re fertilizing too much. I’m usIng happy frog as well. You should get some test kits to see how much npk is in the soil. I’ve seen lower leaves do that when it’s too much water. Trust your instincts.

O'k so you started with miracle grow into happy frog you need to flush the root zone and your plants will come back in a few days you have to water a lot so the salts from the miracle grow built up around the roots is washed away that is your issue trust me this is what i do.Basically you have under watered not over watered and because you did not let the water run out the bottom you now have salt lockout.Never feed a plant until three weeks after putting it in happy frog the soil has plenty of nutrients for three weeks.

Second never let a plant droop there is no science that says that is beneficial let your soil dry but only the first three inches from the top if soil gets to dry roots will die and nutrient uptake ceases water is needed for proper uptake. To wet is bad to dry is much worse.
I noticed my plants drooping even though I watered everyday. So, I started soaking the pots once a week to make sure they’ll never droop again.

O'k so you started with miracle grow into happy frog you need to flush the root zone and your plants will come back in a few days you have to water a lot so the salts from the miracle grow built up around the roots is washed away that is your issue trust me this is what i do.Basically you have under watered not over watered and because you did not let the water run out the bottom you now have salt lockout.Never feed a plant until three weeks after putting it in happy frog the soil has plenty of nutrients for three weeks.
Thanks for the input once again lmao. I flushed both of my plants and let the water run off like you said. I’ll comment back on this post in a few days with an update on them and this time i’ll make sure to update lol.

Back
Top Bottom