Anthony Suszko: Tony's First Grow

Anthony Suszko

First off I wanna say thanks for all the cool milestone virtual trophies but its put me in quite a dilemma now finding the time to build a virtual display shelf to properly show them off... :rofl:

So here's the low down on My first order of seeds.. The good thing is I don't think I've been Jacked for $185.00
They say the seeds are coming..

Dear Anthony Suszko,
Please be advised that we are experiencing processing and shipping delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We do not currently have an estimate on shipping times but your order will be processed and dispatched as soon as possible, and you will receive an email with tracking information as soon as your order does ship. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your email it is greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Lara G.
Customer Service Assistant

I reordered and my seeds from another vendor and should be in this week, That being said, I'm pressed up against a deadline and wanted to grow indoor / outdoor for a a period of time reducing my electricity bill by at least half until the plants size becomes a visual issue or theft concern.. I've scouted areas in the backyard and traced sun intensity from morning to late afternoons having spots picked out close to the house were I can keep an eye out on them... My plan is to bring them inside when twilight hits each night transferring them over to the indoor lighted grow area maximizing or pushing the available growing time parameters to make up for some of this lost time in the grow stage before hitting the 12/12 switch.

That's it for now and will start the journal beginning with germination phase whenever that happens lol..
Laters, Tony

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to 420 magazine! You plan sounds pretty good, there are tons of great growers both indoor and outdoor who will watch your efforts.

I hope this is an alias that you are using and not your real name! I’m going to report your post to the forum moderators just in case, not trying to be a jerk but wanted them to be aware in case you need to have this information edited.

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to 420 magazine! You plan sounds pretty good, there are tons of great growers both indoor and outdoor who will watch your efforts.

I hope this is an alias that you are using and not your real name! I’m going to report your post to the forum moderators just in case, not trying to be a jerk but wanted them to be aware in case you need to have this information edited.
Something wrong with using a real name?

:party:Seeds have arrived from re order vender!! 12 Afghani Regular M/F mixed, and 7 Maple Leaf Fem. they gave me 2 extra seeds per capsule which is cool.. seeds arrived within 8 days of ordering.. I'm germinating 5 from each batch and are soaking in marked jars of water already..

Hi Anthony,

No it’s not wrong to use your real name but it could have implications down the road, many companies now search social media extensively before hiring new employees. It may not matter now but could be an issue one day. Whateve4 you decide!

Please ignore my comments and understand I was trying to be helpful - not a pain in the ass!

Several growers here migrate (indoor / outdoor) their plants on a daily basis. I hope your seeds arrive soon!

Cheers!

Hi Anthony,

No it’s not wrong to use your real name but it could have implications down the road, many companies now search social media extensively before hiring new employees. It may not matter now but could be an issue one day. Whateve4 you decide!

Please ignore my comments and understand I was trying to be helpful - not a pain in the ass!

Several growers here migrate (indoor / outdoor) their plants on a daily basis. I hope your seeds arrive soon!

Cheers!
Yeah, It's legal in my state now with Governor JB Pritzger passing both medical and recreational use Jan 1 2020.. It's late in my life anyway now to be concerned with jeopardizing any future job opportunities. With someone who's in the graphic design area they kind of expect it lol.. It's also a rebirth of sorts post Covid19 to shoot from the hip and be as honest and truthful as i can and understand that sounds a little naive but you are getting the true genuine me. Thanks for looking out and no harm no foul..

Roger that big guy! A lady friend of mine said that when her son was recently hired by fortune 500 company he had to give up all of his user names of social media accounts as a condition of employment. I couldn’t believe that but she has no reason to lie about the situation.

Anyway yes sir - no harm no foul! Twist up a doobie and take a seat!

Roger that big guy! A lady friend of mine said that when her son was recently hired by fortune 500 company he had to give up all of his user names of social media accounts as a condition of employment. I couldn’t believe that but she has no reason to lie about the situation.

Anyway yes sir - no harm no foul! Twist up a doobie and take a seat!
2nd batch of seeds arrived this afternoon so I'm on my way !! soaking as we speak lol..:yahoo:

I’ll come along for the ride if you dont mind. Sounds like quite a collection you’ve got now. Glad everything worked out. Looking forward to the show! Happy growing!
I dont know when the first order will arrive 5 Northern Big Bud Auto Fem, 10 Acapulco Gold Reg, 2 free Amnesia Reg.... But happy to get the Afghan and Maple leaf going.

I dont know when the first order will arrive 5 Northern Big Bud Auto Fem, 10 Acapulco Gold Reg, 2 free Amnesia Reg.... But happy to get the Afghan and Maple leaf going.
Ahhh ok ok. Got it. Hopefully they show up soon! Like you said though, definitely good to get up and running. Looking forward to the show.

I'll be tagging along as well!
:headbanger: :popcorn:
Cool, gonna be a low budget grow.. and blame @Emilya for talking me into it.. but Whatever lol.. I really cant compete with the high grade tents and Mars light set ups.. This is gonna be a Miracle Grow trailer trash home depot grow.. but I'm willing to share taking progress photos every 2 weeks and keeping the journal updated...

Cool, gonna be a low budget grow.. and blame @Emilya for talking me into it.. but Whatever lol.. I really cant compete with the high grade tents and Mars light set ups.. This is gonna be a Miracle Grow trailer trash home depot grow.. but I'm willing to share taking progress photos every 2 weeks and keeping the journal updated...

It's all good. Ain't nothin' wrong with growing on a budget. :thumb:

It's all good. Ain't nothin' wrong with growing on a budget. :thumb:
Yeh I guess, I'm studying hard, sucking up all the info I can because I cant afford to fail. This
is a very expensive but rewarding hobby and only feel confident in some areas.. I feel I can ask you guys for input if I run into trouble using an all in one plant food for the whole grow, or if plants look like their under or over nourished, or stressed..

update- Germination going well. After 17 hours 4 out of 5 seeds fell to the bottom of Jars. 1 in each batch of 5 is a floater but still has growing potential. The Afghani seeds look very strong, dark, and I have one fatty seed in there almost double the size of the others.. Seeds are spread out on glass plates wet napkin technique and placed in a dark warm room for 3 to 7 days until tap roots are an inch or more long.

5/20/2020 and so it begins...
Low Budget.jpg

I'll start off by listing equiptment:
Grow Booth:
Panel construction made from foam core board, aluminum foil, shinny side up spray mounted and squeegee'd out air bubbles leaving a nice flat surface. This is basically a 3 sided reflective panel box with an open front using suspended tube lighting hung on chains from above as the primary light source supplemented with additional support to reach satisfactory brightness.
Booth dimensions: 50" tall X 40" width X 30" deep. ( set up will accommodate 8-9 starter plants halfway through the grow before having to switch to a new larger booth)

Lighting Sources
8.) 48" incandescent Sylvania T12 Grow Lux Tubes 950 Lumen
1.) G.E 5000 Lumen GT Lite LED omni directional Plant Light bulb
1.) Sylvania Spot Grow reflector flood lamp.
1.) LED Grow Light Panel- Full Spectrum 6000W 2009 LED's. (awaiting delivery from China)

Soil Medium & Grow Containers :
9.) Starter Pot's: Black Plastic 1.5 Gallon Recycled ground coffee containers 6" cir., 6"Deep.
50/50 mix of:
Schultz Enriched Garden Soil containing: Sphagnum, Peat, Composted Forest Products.
Miracle Grow indoor potting mix ( feeds up to 6 months ).
1 1/4" layer per pot - Pea Gravel- (container drainage)

Plant Food - Feeding Schedule
Miracle Grow All Purpose Plant Food, feed every 7-10 days 1.5 teaspoons to 1.5 gallons of water / outdoor feeding proportions.

Seed Vendor & Strains Grown :
Crop King Afghani Regular

Overview/Description:
This original landrace strain gets its name from its country of origin. First discovered high in the mountainous regions of Afghanistan, this euphoric and relaxing indica strain is perfect for cloning, cross breeding and large volume production. Above average in THC, this well-known classic is a must have for experienced or new growers.

afghani-strain-info.png

Crop King Maple Leaf Feminized
Overview Description

A Highly Therapeutic Indica-
The child of Afghan Kush and Mazar. She can be a beautiful addition to any cannabis garden, considering her genetics. With a decent THC content of around 15-17%, she is sure to please you and offer the psychoactive buzz that you want.
She’s a heroic marijuana strain that develops fat leaves and plump buds. Her lineage extended from the Hindu Kush area in Afghanistan and survived from a few turbulent periods due to is invading former USSR in the 1980s.
This strain is a powerful medicinal herb that tastes sweet and citrusy. For aroma, she proudly presents the smell of incense. Its effect tends to be aphrodisiac and provides a sensational and relaxing body buzz that will last for hours.
Maple Leaf is easy to grow and manageable, considering that she is indica-dominant. You will love her powerful genetics and effects. Also, you will appreciate how fast she is when it comes to flowering.

Journal Entry 5/20/2020. The Beginning.. Low Budget Grow
I was going crazy at home stuck in a daily rut I hated since the Covid19 Pandemic left me stuck at home with nothing to do. I needed a new hobby or I was going to go stir crazy.. Day dream ideas started to fillter into my mind after receiving a Trump Stimulus check of which I put aside $300.00 for this project and includes everything here..
The plan never included Joining 420 Magazine. The plan only included watching Youtubes on beginner growing basics, and surfing the web for related material..Studying up.. I think Crop King actually recommended I join 420 Magazine.
Once I joined I loved it and the people here.. I was looking to read up on watering and stumbled upon @Emilya 's Acapulco Gold Grow. Part of why I wanted to start growing was based on the weed I smoked back in the day revisiting that time period through smoking and the music I listened to back then.
Emilya's Acapulco Grow & Journal was amazing and inspiring. I was embarrassed that I was doing this kind of crap after seeing all the professional grow tents and Mars LED set up's. But after some conversation she told me to approach it as what it is, LOW BUDGET. Everything was either scrounged from around the house or bought on a quick run to Home depot. What I actually wanted to do was use this first grow to iron out some bugs and tweak some things before attempting a second grow with improvements.. It' is what it is, and lets see if we can make shit happen on the cheap! This will be an Indoor/Outdoor Grow bringing plants indoors at twilight to add more light to their schedule maybe making up for some lost time.

Germination:
Afghani Seeds are strong and hearty are splitting open showing a good sized tap root after just two days in a darkened room sandwiched between wet paper towels.. The Maple Leaf Fem seeds were on the smaller side and took longer to bloat up on water darkening up and starting to split open.. I don't mind if the Maple Females take a little extra time to sprout and maybe can time out pollination if the males are quick growers.. That's where we are at with the grow right now. I'm going to take photo's tomorrow of tap roots sprouting along with Grow booth& Lighting set up.. I'll store photos on a chip until a USB download cable arrives for my HP Digital camera.. The cable got lost in the house somewhere and I cant find it. Amazon said it'll take a few days to get here..

Back
Top Bottom