Any advice: light burn?

Ajbazzer26

420 Member
10012F43-A143-4D5F-A021-551979EBF709.jpeg
6DEB2A3D-21BD-44E8-9D22-2184B9220B80.jpeg
23340715-A952-4FCA-A2CB-CCE3EA34219B.jpeg
How do people think they look and also is that a light burn on the leaves and are they small and bushy because there indica
A99FA8E5-A7A8-4D28-A483-86099BB232AC.jpeg

I might just put that down to bad crinkled leaf issue... I do not recall seeing much correct information about it over the years ?

Unlikely to cause problems.

How ever you look like you using a HPS bulb for vegging due to the yellow back ground of your pictures :thumb:

Most likely not the best colour spectrum for use with vegetative growth !

I might just put that down to bad crinkled leaf issue... I do not recall seeing much correct information about it over the years ?

Unlikely to cause problems.

How ever you look like you using a HPS bulb for vegging due to the yellow back ground of your pictures :thumb:

Most likely not the best colour spectrum for use with vegetative growth !
It is a dual spectrum

Why so much damage, are you letting your cat into the tent? I'm not clear on whether that is light burn, tho it does appear to be some kind of overheat/burn. Not sure I would just dismiss it, as healthy plants don't just crunch up their own leaves >.> Some more details about your grow would probably folks id the problem a little easier.

I don’t really see light burn, that usually presents itself as browning of the leaves, starting at the tips, to me it looks like they got over nuted at one point, that can often cause the weird leaf growth, particularly on younger plants. .Not sure what your grow media is, but the “puffy” looking droopy leaves can be a symptom of overwatering.

What what colour? Should I use in this stag

Oh dual spectrum ah !

Ye... I used those but only these two brands Sunmaster & Grolux dual spectrum, this was only during the flowering stage tho...

But I suspect they should be fine for vegging an Indica dominate plant by the looks of the fan leaf's at this stage.

In seedling & vegging it is either 6400 or 6500k (kelvin) which has a high ratio of blue spectrum... ye I know it is a technical term & personal I find CFL & T5 or 8 tubes can provide cheaper results on electricity bill vs total wattage over MH aka metal halide.

Your plants should grow out ok & as another member mention it would be more likely genetic issue, it happens & peeps get freaked out by what they don't understand :thumb:

That is why the good growing community is here at :420: to lend a hand in your growing experience.

Why so much damage, are you letting your cat into the tent? I'm not clear on whether that is light burn, tho it does appear to be some kind of overheat/burn. Not sure I would just dismiss it, as healthy plants don't just crunch up their own leaves >.> Some more details about your grow would probably folks id the problem a little easier.
I got yellow spots on the leaves so removed them and treated with neem oil

I got yellow spots on the leaves so removed them and treated with neem oil
ahh... Did you treat them with lights on? That could explain the weirdly scrunched leaf maybe. Did you see insects or direct evidence of them? Just wondering why the neem. If you get more yellow spots, take some pics before deciding to take them off, it can help people identify your problem correctly.

I don’t really see light burn, that usually presents itself as browning of the leaves, starting at the tips, to me it looks like they got over nuted at one point, that can often cause the weird leaf growth, particularly on younger plants. .Not sure what your grow media is, but the “puffy” looking droopy leaves can be a symptom of overwatering.
Just re-read my post)too late to edit it) and need to change some things. Still don’t see light burn, it normally presents itself either in older upper leaves or new growth, the leaves will usually be “canoed” with brown spots. Brown leaf tips, curling, is often a sign of nute burn and/or overwatering. Puffy leaves is too much water. Pictures under natural light would really help.

What what colour?
The grow light is throwing off a yellowish orange color. Most of us get used to it when we are in the grow area and our eyes make us see it as basically a white light. But the camera records it as that odd yellow light in your photos. Cameras will see other types of grow lights as blue, red, or purple and sometimes even showing wide bars of light and dark.

If the grow light is turned off for a few minutes and the grower turns on a regular white room light then the camera will save the photo so it will look normal, or at least closer to normal. When the photos are those out of the ordinary colors then it is harder for the group to get an idea of what the true colors of the plant really are. Plus it seems that the auto-focus function on the camera does not work as well so many times the photo is not as sharp as the camera is capable of producing. On top of not being able to see some of the colors in leaves that might be indicating a nutrient problem starting is that often without a true sunlight or decent white light insect damage does not show up as well if at all.

Did you see insects or direct evidence of them? Just wondering why the neem. If you get more yellow spots, take some pics before deciding to take them off, it can help people identify your problem correctly.
Great point. Yellow spots could be some sort of insect damage but more likely could be the start of a nutrient deficiency. The shade of yellow, where it is on the leaf and fingers, plus where the damaged leaves are found on the plant helps to start figuring out which nutrient is involved.

Neem works great for some of the common problem insects and some mildews but does nothing for nutrient deficiency or overdose.

Back
Top Bottom