Pruning to allow more light because of crowding

george w kush

i welcome any advice,i have 5 girls in a small space and am 3 weeks into bloom stage.they are very bushy and i am thinking of removing some leaves to thin it out and allow more light in,i am hesitant to do anything that will adversely affect my healthy plants..i have been unable to find a thread on this,im sure there must be a few ..thanks

photo13.PNG

This is the OG girls 20 days after switching to 12/12 ..i will take another pic after i trim leaves tomorrow (dark cycle or i would do it now)

i agree,bassman and cultivator have alleviated my fear of stunting them,there argument for doing this was well supported and explained,was wondering if you coat the cut stub with root stimulator to provide protection?

Yeah I agree MH for veg .... and HPS for flower.

I deffoliate. I take off all the lower crap that doesn't get light through the canopy. You should deffoliate about 2 weeks before you send them into flower. If you defolitate in the middle of flower it can stall out or slow your bud production by a week or two. But, deffoliating the lower stuff lets the energy that was being used to make those tiny popcorn buds and transfers it up to the buds that are developing.

Before ..............

Before_Plucking.jpg

After .................

Lollipop_Lillipop.jpg

Back
Top Bottom