Any Advice?

Dezi1970

Visiting fam and the person who got me interested in growing. He's sick and in the hospital. Asked if I could watch over his babies. But I have no idea about outdoor or soil grow. I only done hydroponics and autoflowers. Any advice here. Hes not sure what strains or anything, his buddy gave him seeds and said have at it lol.

20210820_180103_HDR.jpg

20210820_180035.jpg

20210820_180004.jpg

20210820_175957_HDR.jpg

20210820_175947.jpg

20210820_175934_HDR.jpg

Top one needs water and will most like be full of seeds when it starts to flower.
All the rest but one are males and should have been pulled up months ago.
Can you give me advice please. I don't want to just destory his plants and not be able to show him them. Could i dig up all the males and put them about 200 yards away and in his garage?

When it comes to the males the damage is done. Pollen can travel up to 10 miles so any grow in the area has been pollinated. If you were to move them you would spread pollen everywhere. The best thing to do is to cover with bags and cull them. I understand they are not your plants though. Is it possible to send him pic's explaining the situation?

Can you give me advice please. I don't want to just destory his plants and not be able to show him them. Could i dig up all the males and put them about 200 yards away and in his garage?
Hi Dezi,
I hope your friend gets well soon.

Unfortunately 200 yards won't do. The males can pollinate for miles.

Spray them with water ( neutralizes the pollen), put a garbage bag over them, tie the bottom securely, than cut the stem and throw them away.
If your friend is well enough you can ask him before you do it, he will be grateful.

Like everyone else has mentioned i don't think I'd just whack someone else's plants.
I would take pics and show him they are male and ask him what he wants to do.
As far as pollinating, those suckers look like they've been pollinating the whole neighborhood for awhile.
Best thing to do if thats what he wants is to water them down and bag it with a big trash bag then cut the stalk and dispose of however you can.
I assume you're in a legal state.
You can grab a bunch of the best leaves to make smoothies or whatever with.

Yes he was very thankful. Hes bummed and hoping his girls are okay because he says just 2 days ago he didn't see any flowers on his plants. But he don't want to admit hes losing his sight. I didn't know they could fertilize 10 miles away. I that case I wouldn't want to grow outside lol. Exspecially where he lives because its all country and so much grow here youd have no Idea where males maybe.

I hope your friend gets better soon as well. It is a bad time to be in a hospital.

It can even get in vents on indoor grows. You just need to stay on top of them when your growing bag seed or have them tested before they mature. Sounds like you have some culling to do. If there are any female flowers showing it is to late they will be seeded. Give them a good spray with water, bag and destroy.

Like mentioned above....the first plant looks to have some watering issues. The best way to rid those males like mentioned above, get them wet then put a bag over them. They should have been culled weeks ago. Good luck in the future.

Back
Top Bottom