any one sold to clubs yet

Basically they can't BUY it from you, but they can PAY YOU to grow it for them.

I'd imagine you're technically working as a contractor at that point and may need to file form 1099, to report that income. You can obviously write off all of your expenses like lighting and the nutrients, on your taxes, though.

If I were a full time grower, I would definitely keep my tax information squeeky clean, because you don't want to give the feds ANY reason to knock at your door.

Stuff to keep in mind. You could argue that it's a donation to a non-profit blah blah... but that's just putting a bigger bullseye on your head, in my opinion. Play by the rules and you won't get burned. You don't have to specify what your growing, either, you can say they're herbal botanicals, ferns, or something goofy. They don't care THAT much.

Also something to consider, regarding taxes.

If you pay your taxes somewhat generously, for working as a medical marijuana cultivator, and the feds actually investigate you. You're less likely to be hassled ever again.

The government would rather see some sort of flow of cash from a regulated product, than you try and hide behind some charity exemption to grow a pyscho-active plant, for profit.

Think of it this way, paying taxes on the profits is more of an insurance policy for leniency or even disregard from the government. If the industry continues to operate within legal reasons, more state governments will be willing to pick it up which will eventually lead to the federal government picking it up.

You can likely garauntee you'd go to jail, for cultivation, if you don't pay your taxes AND get busted.

Yeah cept they'll garnish your wages or throw your butt in prison, instead of giving you concrete shoes. ;)

Dunno I spose I'd rather an overreaching government, than a mob... You have to KILL a mob to change their minds...

Back
Top Bottom