Any other Aussies here?

20150321_175322.jpg
20150321_175322.jpg
20150321_175322.jpg
20150321_175322.jpg

Hi happy people, just wondering what lights people are using if inside grow

Hey mate just saw your question.
I have 3 300watt leds, all are 180 actual watts, in my current grow I'm using 2 of them for 12/12.
I also have multible 40watt cfl globes and a t5 style flourescent aswell, I don't use my cfls much anymore but I keep one cfl globe above my 12/12 seedlings to prevent stretching and the big fluorescent I have I use for side lighting on cooler days during winter ill use that fluorescent for both added heat and sidelighting :)

Thanks for that Sir I'm just starting and still experimenting with lights here in Australia where I am you can fry a egg on your car bonnet in the middle of winter so heat has been a issue got a lot lower now with LEDs, the girls love it but I don't know if it's the light or drop in temperature. All I know there growing a lot faster and fuller all good now. Hight off canape for best results is still unknown but lm running with 550 mm

Apparently watts and heat are equal... 1000w hid will produce the same heat as 1000actual watts of led, but 1000w of actual led should be around twice the size space as hid... Makes sense???

Yep as far as I can tell leds are definately the way to go in aus unless you want to be running extra aircon during summer and can afford it.
And grizz seems right there however just to add like he said leds sit up higher but there build in fans also pull the hot air upwards away from plants so that's a bonus, although you can get reflectors for HID with built in fans and cooling I still think its better and more efficient with LED.
I've seen how people have big problems with lower watt hps in aus and I'm talking 1-400 watts let alone the 600-1000 watt lights.
Also my tent was hotter running the cfls I had in summer with less watts then what my LED did, which I was happy with

Sunnies always... $19 servo, UVA UVB UVC safe...

Not all of us live in warm States however! I wouldn't be able to grow without the heat HID lamps give off. At the moment temps in the late teens and I'm struggling to pull 23 degrees at canopy level with HPS 30 cm away

Yeah I'm in Vic so not as cold as Tassie butstill getting cold here this time of year and winter will be icy, I'm waiting to see how my LED and added cfls for heat and light will deal with it, hopefully well.
Really in aus if you had lots off $$ you would be better off having a hps in winter and LED for summer but not many have the funds for that and running costs, would be good though :)

Welcome to the 420 Australia world Yiddish, hope you enjoy it here and I'm sure this site s all you need to know, plus some.
Look forward to seeing your work :thumb:

Sorry about the late reply I think they are I got the rings from a local hydroponics shop they come in a pack of 2 I got the hose from bunnings and I got 4 funnels from super cheap and cable tied to the metal poles lazy way of watering lol works great

Hoes everybody's outdoors going? Not long to go now..

I've got one left out of 4 originally, biggest turned male so did another and my dog ripped another one out early, my last one is looking alright but would be a lot better in some worked soil and if I could get rid of the damn whitefly that keep coming ha
How about Grizz you got any going?
IMAG14461.jpg
IMAG14432.jpg

I've been away for 2 weeks, but she was looking like this when I left... Hoping she's done when I get back...hoping she's still there...

image22014.jpg

image22015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom