Anyone else have issues with strains from MSNL?

Southerncough

Greetings,
I'm 3/4 through a grow with some White Rhino seeds that came as a gift with purchase from MSNL and am noticing that the buds are very airy/wispy for how far along they are.
Has anyone else had similar issues?
Maybe the two plants are very sativa dominant, but the strain's supposed to be 80% indica so I dunno. Maybe environment, maybe genetics, maybe I'm just doing something really wrong but my setup is better than ever and I've had better results before with genetics from other sources. Maybe I'm just being impatient and they have a lot longer to go BUT checked the trich's are are already getting pretty cloudy...hmm...LOTS and lots of long white hairs and some are starting to turn orangish brown....hmmm...really was getting my hopes up because these girls stretched BIG TIME once I flipped to 12/12. Like 12"/week! and filled the entire box from corner to corner.
After researching it seems like others have had similar issues, but too many people responded to these cases that it may not be genetics. Also wondering about genetics as one of the girls is even wispier than the other. One has long thin colas of hairs and the other spotty popcorn buds all the way down??

I'm Running:
two White Rhino plants in 15 Gal pots of coco/chunky perlite, feeding Dynagro bloom + Cal Mag+ Silicone + Mammoth P + Recharge, PH 6.1 +/-, Foliar feeding kelp mix, 2x800 W LED's (really more like 150W ea), in a 2x4 cabinet with two mushroom CO2 bags (running 600-800 ppm+/), and a dedicated portable AC outside the box pumping cold air into the top to trickle down over the plants.

I'm growing a White Russian that sounds similar. This strain always seems like it is not going to produce much. In the last 2 weeks these strains really pack on the weight. All buds are big and fluffy now but they fill out late. Not all buds finish the same way.

Another trait sometimes found in the White family. Ie: W. Russian W. Widow W. Rhino. Not to be mistaken with the strain called just "The White".

interesting....also, since I'm not sure if they'll ever bulk up I picked up a UVB light at Petsmart to see if I can pursued them to produce more tric's so at least I could run them for extraction. Bummed that these two massive bushes may produce only a few ounces between them :/
BUT I've got a nice little Hindu Kush in veg from a reputable breeder that should be ready to move to flower when these come down in a few weeks

If it has true White genetics Extracts wont be a problem. They are know for producing copious amounts of resin. Give it a little time to bulk up. My W.R. are just now adding weight and they only have 2 weeks left. The bud size is there they just have not firmed up yet. If I didn't know this strain I would be worried like you are. In the end even fluffy buds smoke. Not all strains have rock hard buds. Plus if a strain or plants genetics say it has fluff buds. Nothing you can do will firm them up.

true that.
as an experiment I picked up a UVB bulb from the reptile aisle at petsmart and hung it over the less fortunate looking plant
and a few days later it's packing on some more frost...so that's a plus. I don't necessarily have to have weight because it's our personal garden and the wife likes vaping wax and a brownie before bed, etc. so resin is all we need.
when they were still in veg I cloned a cut from each (4 at the time), sexed them and tossed the two males.
I decided to let the female clones finish flowering and they were both fluffy which I was hoping was a conditional thing since they were crammed in the back without ideal light.
BUT the good news is I pulled like 5 grams of really potent larf between the two clones and packed a pinch of it into a bowl.
Didn't feel much at first, went back into the kitchen to cook up a snack...and I was too high to make microwave popcorn!
Seriously, I screwed up 3 bags LOL. Made some butter from the clone trim and my insomniac wife has decided a half brownie is better because she sleeps till noon on a whole one! Kapow!

Back
Top Bottom