Oldest marijuana strain?

The oldest strains are the indica. Places in the East and Middle East have land races that hail back many centuries maybe even thousands of years.

Totally agree! That is why there is active discussion going on that Cannabis should have 4 species instead of the three Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, and Afghanica

'm not trying to be an a-hole here, but, if you haven't looked into ways to germinate old seeds, you definitely should. Those seeds are just too precious to germinate them with a typical/normal method before going into their grow medium.

No worries, and agreed. I have no interest in screwing up something pretty danged cool here. I am going to start with my largest number of seeds per, and test one of each of them until I get my own process down pat. I used a wet moss approach for the Bag seed I started this fall.

I have no plans on growing any of these until I have a few more grows under my belt.

Totally agree! That is why there is active discussion going on that Cannabis should have 4 species instead of the three Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, and Afghanica

I need to spend more time looking into the past history of the plant, to be honest.

I had some Kona Gold seeds a few years back that I wasted. Hoping to get back to the Big Island and get another chance. There's a few pretty popular musicians out there that get there bud straight from the man that made that breed. Can't name names. But if you come to my house his painting, or a panoramic painting he did for me, of a beach scene from my last trip to Hawaii -- is on my living room wall.

His paintings are legend and all over on the Big Island, he even gets mail delivered to him at massive and we'll-known banyan tree, on Ali boulevard down in Kona.

Probably not the oldest stuff, but it's got some history going back to cali and San Fran in the sixties.

I had some Kona Gold seeds a few years back that I wasted. Hoping to get back to the Big Island and get another chance. There's a few pretty popular musicians out there that get there bud straight from the man that made that breed. Can't name names. But if you come to my house his painting, or a panoramic painting he did for me, of a beach scene from my last trip to Hawaii -- is on my living room wall.

His paintings are legend and all over on the Big Island, he even gets mail delivered to him at massive and we'll-known banyan tree, on Ali boulevard down in Kona.

Probably not the oldest stuff, but it's got some history going back to cali and San Fran in the sixties.

Oddly, I have a brother who has lived in the Kona area for 25+ years... ... and while he smoked as a youth, he and I are too many years apart in age. If he smokes today he hides it from me. I wish I could get some seeds from him from the local area.

One of my daughters, is dating a caretaker of a professional grow location in NorCal. He gave me a seed bank for Christmas with weird names from 1980 through 1990.

In it, is 2 seeds labeled "Thai 86"... I am really hoping to get one of them to sprout. If so, the whole goal will be to generate new seeds from it, to keep it viable in the seed bank. There are also seeds from Humboldt in 82 and a name or two I have never heard of before.

Do you have the Thai '86 seeds yet. would love some of those! And Thanks or keeping them going for us:thumb:

Taking landraces and wild crosses out of the equation. The oldest bred strain in modern times would have to be the Haze strains grown and bred in Southern California in the early 60's. Most of these were bred from bag seeds from all the landrace sativa's. These were bred for years before indica came into the picture. Skunk #1, Northern Lights, Blueberry, ect all came after indica was introduced. Chem strains were found not bred and it was also after indica came into the picture.

Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, opiated Thai stick or gongi, or Columbian gold. Fallbrook red hair. Developed by students at UCSD in the 70's.

Back
Top Bottom