Anyone growing Burkle?

Wingman420

Commercial Cultivator
High all my friend gave me cut of a strain called Burkle. From what I have heard it is Bubba Kush x Urkle and it sounds wonderful but I wanted to ask if anyone is growing this strain and what do you think of it?

Hey wingman! Ok I'm still pretty green when it comes to this LOL. (Green joke). But burkle sounds quite fun. It looks like it has good genetics from the bubba and urkle. So this is what I did just now.

There member here who grew burkle. Here's a link to the journal Blitty's Burkle Bubble Grow

I than looked at the entire grow setup. Running Bubble hydro, with cfl's and hps combo. I than researched how bubba and urkle grow in a similar environment. (Similar setups) After that I went back to the Blitty's bubble grow journal, and used my knowledge as best I could to see what similarities the burkle had compared to the bubba and urkle, to see what genetics the burkle has.

I than based the burkle genetics off observation of its parent crosses (the bubba kush and Urkle), and than compared those to the Burkle. I hope this helps, I tried!

:reading420magazine:

i am running burkle right now and have heard it to be GDP x Pre 98 Bubba.. one week into flowering very vigorus plant if i dint top and fim her she would be crazy tall but she grew vigorus bushy so shes a beast i got 4 going now.

I have never grown Burkle but I just got done flowering Urkle and also some Bubba. Both plants would compliment each other well I believe. The Urkle for the dense buds and amazing purple coloring late in flowering and resin production through the roof and outrageous smell and Bubba to add more stretch and bigger, thicker buds with its own unique flavors added as well. The Bubba I grew was very leafy with very wide long colas that were more Sativa. whereas the Urkle is a plant that has very close internodes with dense buds and very high calyx to leaf ratio, growing more like an Indica than a Sativa, but the pheno I grew had some very Sativa qualities to it. All in all that sounds like and outstanding cross, especially if you get a pheno leaning more toward the Urkle, if it does not turn purple right away don't worry, mine did not turn purple until around week 7 of flowering and then the purpling went all over the plant and it looks amazing.

i'll try and figure out how to posts pix tomorrow. i have 2 in a ebb & gro system with about 20 bubble gum bubbas. i had to stick them in their own corner. they started crowding all the other plants.

See that was the problem I was having with my Bubba plants. They got so big in the stretch that the tops of their canopies were twice as high as the other plants so I had to move them to the corner of the light or bend the tops over because they would hit the roof of the reflector. Not that that is a bad thing per se but if I was going to grow Bubba again it would be outdoors or in a seriously tall grow room because those suckers get HUGE. I'm wondering if the breeders were trying to cut down on the stretch on the nodes by breeding it with the squat Urkle plant which seems to not get as tall but more bushier.

the burkles had more time to root than the bubbas. we got the burkles at PNC already rooted, we had to root the bubbas. the bubbas and our skywalker og(it's a bush) are at 2 feet and the burkles are at 28 and 30 inches. our hells angel og is an inch shy of 3 feet and has golf ball nugs on it(we're at the end of week 7 almost). i'm using 2 quantum digital 1000 watt ballasts 10,000 btu A/C that exhausts to the crawlspace into a carbon filter, 6 in. inline to bring in air, ebb & gro system with 23 buckets(we also have 4 plants in coco on the floor), and we use Co2 mostly during veg and cut it off before the 4th week of bloom, ph and ppm meter, and 2 oscillating fans.

room_with_tags.JPG

burkles and H.A. O.G.

skywalker_ok02.jpg
skywalker_og01.jpg

skywalker o.g.

and this one's a mystery plant. it was supposed to be a hero kush...definately not a hero kush.

mystery_plant1.jpg
mystery_plant-2.jpg

i kinda wish we woulda cloned this one...

these pix were shot at about week 3 bloom. i'll get in there before lights on and get better shots of the burkle.

I'm growing a single burkle plant. I found a seed in an outstanding ounce I bought at a dispensary, I germinated it and now it's about 55 days into bloom.
420-magazine-mobile1108647218.jpg
420-magazine-mobile896458335.jpg

But, If you ask me it looks like an "off" phenotype, just by looking at it, it seems to carry more Bubba kush characteristics. Note: I do believe the seed was created by a hermaphroditation due to the fact that I only found one seed in an ounce of flower, and I have only found one pollen sack on my plant.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my XT1585 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom