Anyone growing in a Greenhouse?

Justadad

Built my 1st ever greenhouse this year, seems to be doing ok so far, have 11 young ladies (all clones) in the ground.

Since I really don't know what I'm doing.. any ideas, help suggestions, tips are greatly appreciated. To maybe complicate matters, I live in New Mexico at a fairly high altitude (6,400') and have dry sandy desert soil, relative low humidity and in summer months, very hot & dry. I have supplemented the "soil" with Goat Poop and soil compost mixture.

Living rurally, neighbors aren't a concern. Nearest 1 is about 3/4 of a mile from me and I live on 20 acres.

Would love to hear from others growing in a greenhouse.

Have a Green day!

Shade cloth comes in handy for high temperature climates. You do not need full-on sunlight to be successful, in fact it can be damaging at times.

Depending how well you know your soil, I also recommend Smart Pots because you'll have more control, but if that's not an option then you gotta do what you can!

Appreciate the feedback & tips. Not to sound dumb, but what are "smart pots"? Will also look around for some shade cloth, we have a nursery not to far from home and with my son being in FFA, we can get what we need usually for free, its used material but available. My greenhouse measures 10 feet wide by 20 feet long and 7 feet tall.

put a fan in right away and run it all the time. my greenhouse 8x8 and has windows and gable venting. Fans are to keep mold down.the girls are going to be huge by October. I planted in early June last year and I'm waiting till late June this year to keep veg time down. i found that if a limb touches the Walls cut it back. Pot against plastic promotes. mold forming. try live ladybugs for mite control. Perfect for greenhouses. mist plants for their water and they will multiply. good luck you will love greenhouse. I grow in ground not pots but I dig a whole and put potting soil into it.:cheer:

Preciate the tips! Planned on running a fan when it gets a bit hotter when consistent weather arrives. Will keep an eye on plants touching plastic. Wouldn't want the ladies to get sunburned. Didn't know about the lady bugs tho. wonder if they will survive here in the desert climate..... Ain't really seen that many here where I live. Have a misting hookup I can use tho. How often to mist?

Got rattle snacks tho.

well thanks again.. will keep posted as to girls progress.

I am growing in a greenhouse and it is great I lock it up at night that is the law in my area I like it because no-one can see your plants and get at them easily a lot of people complained about having to use a greenhouse but I truly like it here are some pic's of my girls they are very comfortable and happy.
009873.JPG
008975.JPG
0061122.JPG
0071064.JPG
0061121.JPG
0051294.JPG
0031454.JPG
0011523.JPG
0011512.JPG

I loved my greenhouses, they were never big enough, my big 2 were 15'x100ft. I was growing in similar climates you need lots of fans in the summer and some kind of heater for the winter nights. We had 20% shade cloth on a clear roof with white sides so you couldn't see in and I had soooo much light I loved it even my bottom buds became big buds..... If you get a gas burner heater your co2 will be amazing

I loved my greenhouses, they were never big enough, my big 2 were 15'x100ft. I was growing in similar climates you need lots of fans in the summer and some kind of heater for the winter nights. We had 20% shade cloth on a clear roof with white sides so you couldn't see in and I had soooo much light I loved it even my bottom buds became big buds..... If you get a gas burner heater your co2 will be amazing

Sounds amazing!

Quick question. Can you not grow enough weed in a greenhouse that size to be able to take a break over the winter? Also, over the winter do you not have to supplement the day light hours with hps?

I did have a sog bed kinda just bigger. It was 8'x16" 12" deep. I did a sub cool super soil mixture did amazing for about 2yrs then ran out of nutes. We did only 1 strain and begged them till they were about 2ft tall then flowered

Another thing is to setup your panda film so you slide it from one side to another and make it light tight at night. It's a real pain in the ass because you have to put the panda film on tension wires that you will run through PVC pipe around the steel cable. And then everyday going back and forth weighing down the panda so light doesn't come from the bottom.......now if your in the country you may not have to deal with this but my greenhouses where literally in the city

I had a dispensary there was never such a thing as time off we harvested min 52x a year anywhere from 10-30 plants. I begged for supplemental lighting but was rejected due to cost and my boss didn't believe me. He did end up getting me 6 under current systems though........ At the time I was working 12 hr days at work 2-3 hrs a day for homegrown 7 days a week...... Now I'll give you a low number of a min 95+ hr work week........fuck I was tired

Just got a 3.5ft deep 6ft wide 5ft tall greenhouse it has PVC transparent plastic, I assume that it will do fine letting light in. Live in Central Ontario so I will need to keep a close eye on temps and humidity. There are a couple little windows on the top I can open them up for airflow and probably going to use a small fan or 2 Going to be using 3 10L cloth pots with Coco and some perlite for 3 autoflowers. First time doing this so I'm sure I'll be checking back here for info and tips. Not sure on the nutrients yet gotta do some more info. I've read that autoflowers can't handle to many nuts. Any tips on that would be appreciated.

Other than this website is there any literature for growing pot in a Greenhouse

Thanks in advance for all tips and suggestions

Back
Top Bottom