Anyone out there know about Inosculation?

OIFVET79

I'm baked and had a thought lol
"Inosculation is a natural phenomenon in which trunks, branches or roots of two trees grow together"
What if I used a plant tie, and when 2 plants in same pot, are old enough for LST, "gently" tie the 2 together?
Anyone experiment with this?
Cheers.

I figure I'll need a huge smart pot..atleast 25 gallon and even with organic soil, no doubt I'll need to use nutes and probably water more frequently. As an experiment for part of my 2nd grow...I'm down!

There are some serious grafters on here, can’t remember any handles except for Light Addict. It sounds like 2 plants would be limited by sharing a container, but grafters see a whole different viewpoint, totally cool experiment no doubt.
Like you suggested, putting two plants in the same pot and twisting them together is completely different to grafting. Grafting might work, otherwise you'd just have two different plants grown side by side in the same pot, which would limit growth of one or both.

Try wrapping 2 branches together with Saran Wrap.
I had seen videos years back about people taking baby tree's and wrapping them around eachother, using something to secure them. After so much time they become 1. Lot's of experimenting ahead. :)

Back
Top Bottom