Can I plant my seed to the side?

keith1975

I hav always planted the seed in the exact middle of the pot plant. But I want to look at moving the seed to the right corner, so that I have more space for tying down branches etc.

Does anyone know if there is a disadvantage to this? I'm worried the root isn't smart enough to realise it has more space and stays small.

Any ideas?

I have not did it with seeds but do it with starts lots of times. I bend my plants all the time now. It helps keep the mass of the plant over the center of the pot. Back in the day I would re-pot the starts sideways to give the lower branches more light when I went to the final pots. It worked great with super cropping but the plants were harder to move around.

I did this for the first time my current grow. I used rapid rooter plugs and placed them right on the edge of pot.

20200107_191010.jpg

20200111_221428.jpg

20200122_185005.jpg

When I posted these pics they were already two weeks into flower. Looking back at this I don't think this was the best way for me because my soil has large lava rock in it (which is why I used the rapid rooters). Here is how they look now:

20200404_194147.jpg

Please post some pics when the girls are a little older!

Back
Top Bottom