Are my leaves deformed?

TitanEntity

Hey everyone, this is my first grow, and i have a mango plant in a organic soil, perlite, coco peat mix. They are placed in 20cm plastic pots.

They get fed a biogrow and fish mix both from the organic biobizz range. They get fed once every 7 days at full strength.

They are getting about 180watts of 6500k cfl lighting, on 18/6 lighting schedule.

I fed epsom salts about a week ago. At about 1/4 tbsp a liter ( might be a bit strong). Although after feeding, i did not notice any signs of stress from over feeding so i think i was safe.

Here are some pictures of the leaves of one or my plants.

This is all new growth, just above the 4th node after i had topped it. This is about a weeks worth of added growth since topping, but this is what the leafs look like.

Is this normal? Should i just give the plant some more time to fully develop its new leaves?

78453d4d83f1654c355577fb7d8b065e.jpg

Here is a close up of the leaves i am concerned about.

2ebff83d11dcd552ffd6956aab13cb90.jpg

61822ddedd453e3cc4a9a193bafb6fda.jpg

Thank you guys. Look forward to hearing your responses.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

It doesn't look too good but the plant otherwise looks healthy. I had a plant like that when it was young. Some of the leaves looked mangled or like they'd been eaten by bugs but there was no sign of anything wrong. I just let it go and it ended up growing into one of my largest and healthiest plants.

Hey everyone, this is my first grow, and i have a mango plant in a organic soil, perlite, coco peat mix. They are placed in 20cm plastic pots.

They get fed a biogrow and fish mix both from the organic biobizz range. They get fed once every 7 days at full strength.

They are getting about 180watts of 6500k cfl lighting, on 18/6 lighting schedule.

I fed epsom salts about a week ago. At about 1/4 tbsp a liter ( might be a bit strong). Although after feeding, i did not notice any signs of stress from over feeding so i think i was safe.

Here are some pictures of the leaves of one or my plants.

This is all new growth, just above the 4th node after i had topped it. This is about a weeks worth of added growth since topping, but this is what the leafs look like.

Is this normal? Should i just give the plant some more time to fully develop its new leaves?

78453d4d83f1654c355577fb7d8b065e.jpg

Here is a close up of the leaves i am concerned about.

2ebff83d11dcd552ffd6956aab13cb90.jpg

61822ddedd453e3cc4a9a193bafb6fda.jpg

Thank you guys. Look forward to hearing your responses.

Congrats, you "missed." Definition of fimmed. You didn't top, you fimmed. That's why they're growing like that Titan. Lol

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

Yup. Fimmed. Fim-f@&k I Missed. :)

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

Oh FIM! Is that what i did! No wonder the plant developed differently to the other 3 plants. I guess i topped them and fimmed this one. I will research on fimming, i read that some poeple prefer the fimming method over the topping method. What are your opinions?

Fim is the least of the problems, you have a decency going on, you see the yellowing between the veins on the leaves?

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

I was suspicious that i may have a deficiency. I do feed a biobizz range once a week. Bio grow and bio fishmix.

I use RO water with a ph of 6.8. Maybe that is my problem. Ph

This is how my healthy plant looks. Funny thing is i do the same for all the plants, don't know why only this one looks healthy while the other 3 are suffering in the same way.

1dbd66fb694b0271b605df2037aa4e17.jpg

Here are pictures of my other plants leaves.

73082ab548f776bd861ab696e885c0ad.jpg
a8f3988c41fbbb6c87994cd4d7e93acd.jpg
33ac8e9137a52acf8374a5d1ef30e2ea.jpg

e20e5bcb166804fd3cec2738b90ba51c.jpg

Here check this out, this is GREAT to have.....
420-magazine-mobile1691857316.jpg

I think it's Iron. But I'll post all of these great little cards I have.
420-magazine-mobile27452076.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1006893434.jpg
420-magazine-mobile247800199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1214287828.jpg

These are amazing to have. But fluctuations in ph might cause iron def too.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

Thank you for these pics, do you think it looks like a iron problem? How would i fix that?

Time to do some research

Check ph runoff first. And adjust as needed. I usually water every other watering using molasses, super thrive, calmag. And every other watering with nutes. I check and adjust my ph AFTER mixing all my ingredients, everytime. Molasses has perfect amount of trace nutes. Non-RO water should have plenty ad well.

Check ph runoff first. And adjust as needed. I usually water every other watering using molasses, super thrive, calmag. And every other watering with nutes. I check and adjust my ph AFTER mixing all my ingredients, everytime. Molasses has perfect amount of trace nutes. Non-RO water should have plenty ad well.

I have some blackstrap molasses, i was going to only start using that once in flowering. Should i start using it now to add some extra additives? I need to purchase a ph meter. When i get some money i think i should get one

I have some blackstrap molasses, i was going to only start using that once in flowering. Should i start using it now to add some extra additives? I need to purchase a ph meter. When i get some money i think i should get one

I would get a PH pen for sure. They are a handy tool to have. Let me rephrase that it's basically a must have. Molasses you can give her as it also enhances root growth. The bigger the roots the bigger the fruits I like to say.

Sent from my HTC One using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You can actually use molasses from seedling/veg stage. There's no time really as WHEN to use it. But sparingly tho. It don't actually "feed" your plant directly, but the microbes it does. Which in turn help break down stuff your plants need, and make them readily available. Trace elements in it are actually fed to your plants.

It's not just water, feed, worry about what's above ground, but also what's below. That's where the science comes in. You have a whole other microbiology ecosystem going on in the soil. It's amazing when you think of it that way too. It really is!

Back
Top Bottom